Grado GS2000e Loaner program
Oct 17, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #136 of 216
@Daeder 

Nice short simple expression of your experience with the GS2Ke, sounds like you've found what you're looking for in a HP. As you mentioned, you are creeping up into PS1Ke territory, so if you don't have the opportunity to demo them you can always borrow them from The Cable Company Loaner Program (HERE) for 5% of their retail cost + shipping cost for a 10 days borrowing period. When/if you make your decision to buy either your 5% retail fee will be added to your purchase of whichever HP you decide on if you purchase from them, so you're not losing you're borrowing fee, only just the shipping cost. Well worth the in home trial IME/IMO. Also, the more you borrow your 5% fee adds up for purchases (not borrowing purposes). Look forward to your decision if you move forward with borrowing the PS1Ke…please keep us posted. 

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #137 of 216
Daeder,

I also enjoyed and learned from your review. I was particularly taken with your finding greater bass in the GS2000e than the RS1e, which I recently bought and which I love.

I am looking forward even more to trying the GS2000e when it gets to me on the tour.

What source did you drive your Chord Mojo with?

Thanks!

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #138 of 216
@joseph69

Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely look into that for future purchases. Seems like a great way to demo headphones.

@ruthieandjohn

I was using my android phone + Mojo running flac files through it. That was probably 98% of my listening session setup with the GS2ke and so the other was my PC with Mojo.

And coming from the RS1e, I think you will definitely enjoy the extra bass on the GS2ke, as I know it was openly welcomed for me.

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #139 of 216
It has now been three weeks since Daeder's review, and two weeks since anything was posted in this thread.

Is this three-week-old status still accurate? Thanks!

[\img]

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #140 of 216
They are in my possession and are ready to be mailed out. I'm just waiting on an email from Todd to tell me where to send them...

Oct 31, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #142 of 216
Any short thoughts on how you feel about the GS2ke?

I love them and will be very sorry to see them go! Really an end game HP for me.

Nov 14, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #143 of 216
OK... it's now One MONTH since any comprehensive review of the GS2000e, and two weeks since any post at all about them here.

Wassup?

I can delight in blaming either @reddog or @allenmarkus as the two folks ahead of me in line, but that might be erroneous.

Where is the GS2000e?

Thanks!

Nov 15, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #145 of 216
OK... it's now One MONTH since any comprehensive review of the GS2000e, and two weeks since any post at all about them here.

Wassup?

I can delight in blaming either @reddog or @allenmarkus as the two folks ahead of me in line, but that might be erroneous.

Where is the GS2000e?

Thanks!

I have the GS2000e! I have had it for the last month. Todd called me a couple of days ago and said he got tied up with some things and then that the next person on the list had not answered any emails, so he did not know if they were still interested. As soon as he sends me an address, I'm prepared to send them out within a day or two (I work weird hours). I have not posted a review as I'm still listening to them. Bought a GH1 a few weeks ago, and now that it's getting broken in, am starting to compare the two. Don't worry, once I send it out, I will post my longish review.

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #146 of 216

Wassup?

Where is the GS2000e?

Thanks!

I have the GS2000e! I have had it for the last month. Todd called me a couple of days ago and said he got tied up with some things and then that the next person on the list had not answered any emails, so he did not know if they were still interested. As soon as he sends me an address, I'm prepared to send them out within a day or two (I work weird hours). I have not posted a review as I'm still listening to them. Bought a GH1 a few weeks ago, and now that it's getting broken in, am starting to compare the two. Don't worry, once I send it out, I will post my longish review.

That was me. Todd's email got filed in spam. I'm definitely interested. I sent an email to Todd.

Nov 16, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #148 of 216
Nov 16, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #149 of 216
Well my month long saga with the GS2000e came to an end today, they have been mailed off to the next in line. I will post my impressions in a day or so, once I go through all of my notes. Just wanted to take this chance to thank Todd and Head-fi for making it happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back