Grado Fan Club!
Jul 16, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #61,653 of 65,857
** What are the other five? Or have you bought & sold others besides RS2x?
I own these 5 Grado headphones currently: SR60x,SR125x,RS1x,The Hemp,GS1000x and there will be SR325x,RS2x.

I have not sold anything I just returned the RS2x in the two weeks window after purchase and got a full refund and used those funds for the RS1x.
I'm considering getting a pair of RS2x's. Why did you return them?

They were way too bright there was too much treble, too much bass and the bass was not closed/tight but open and airy in the finish end impact.
But they were my first Grado ever now I know better what I really liked about the RS2x was tons of emotion in the midrange with folk music (Suzanne Vega) and I will get the RS2x just for listening to this kind of music.

btw I returned the RS2x the next day after I got them they were not even burned-in what a stupid mistake that was :laughing:

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #61,654 of 65,857
Which of them would you rate as close?
The Grados that for me are ‘close to perfect’ are:
• PS2000e;
• RS1 (wooden button).
Really not that far off the pacesetters are:
• 1888 Double Barrel Reserva (Limited Edition);
• GH2 (Limited Edition);
• RS1x (SE and XLR terminations);
• all the others.

Jul 16, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #61,655 of 65,857
My 6th Grado will be the SR325x

Btw I will not be getting gs3000x,sr80x,sr225x but I will for sure give the RS2x another chance because they were my first Grado ever and at that time I had no idea what I was doing and I feel that I must fix my mistake of returning them.

The plan is simple:

7 Grados... (one for every day of the week) :heart_eyes: :laughing:
🎼… “Eight Days A Week” … 🎵 :
8B26CE19-00DA-41D2-B8ED-C8CCEA459F1E.jpeg
🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧🎧 😂

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #61,656 of 65,857
Good to see our Norwegian brothers enjoying a healthy Danish lifestyle 🍺🍺

Enjoy your holiday my friend.

Did you really go on vacation without your Grados?
Been home with my Grados since 1 july.Miss Denmark.
went for a few evening walks when I was down there, the estate agents posted the prospectuses along the road. got a little curious. have checked a bit. but it seems that it is very difficult to buy a holiday home for foreigners

Jul 17, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #61,657 of 65,857
Been home with my Grados since 1 july.Miss Denmark.
went for a few evening walks when I was down there, the estate agents posted the prospectuses along the road. got a little curious. have checked a bit. but it seems that it is very difficult to buy a holiday home for foreigners
Should not be any problem if you pay the municipality leaderboard 👍😂

Jul 18, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #61,660 of 65,857
Listening to GR10e, enjoying some beautiful Classical,
jazz and pop.

Don't let the unassuming looks deceive you, they are one
of the best sounding Grado's IMO.
People occasionally as a question bring up the GR10e. Everyone who makes the move is always very happy for having done so. Their small jewel like size makes them easier to fit and use. Very good natural balance across the spectrum, wonderfully airy.

As good as they are I do hope they remain in the lineup.

Keep Enjoying that Music

Attachments

• IMG_4042.jpeg
    IMG_4042.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 1:19 AM Post #61,661 of 65,857
I, too love the Grado GR10e, not only for its great sound but also for its small size and tangle-resistant cord.

I also love my (rare, discontinued) GR8e…even Richard Grado tells me he does not have one. But I had to, and found one! Reverb seems to have the best collection of NOS discontinued headphones!

Jul 18, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #61,662 of 65,857
The GR10e is indeed a gem. My son talked me out of my set, leaving me with the GR8e, which is only very good (not close to the 10e).

Jul 18, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #61,664 of 65,857
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased the Beautiful Audio Pads for my Grado 325x and I wanted to share my experience with them, in case anyone is thinking of purchasing any different pads for their Grados. I own the F-Pads, L-Pads and the Beautiful Audio Hybrid Small Pads.

The beautiful audio hybrid pads are some of the most comfortable headphone pads I've ever felt on my head. The materiel that the creator uses in order to make them is exceptionally high grade, and if someone is looking for any sort of comfort upgrade to their headphones, whether the pads or the headband, they should definitely be looking at these. They are exceptional. They do, however, completely change the sound signature of the headphones. Grado headphones are, as everyone knows, highly customizable with their response when it comes to pads. These pads are probably more "flat/balanced" than the f-pads that come with the headphones (I did not measure this, this is a subjective opinion.) They make the bottom end a bit smoother, and the high end a bit less sharp. This is of course, a subjectively good or bad change depending on who you are. It also significantly decreased the soundstaging of the 325x. I liked their sound, but it had much less "slam" than the f-pads, and honestly for me it took away the magic of the grados. The things I like about them is their excellent imaging, and amazing amount of slam. For me personally, and I can only speak to a subjective view, I liked the 325x significantly less because of this. I tried out the pads for around a month and a half, but after all that I still didn't enjoy them nearly as much as the f-pads. If you're like me and seriously enjoy the sound of the 325x, I wouldn't recommend those pads. If you want a more balanced 325x and increased comfort, I would highly recommend them! The creator is both extremely kind, and thorough with his work. Just thought I'd share this for people who've had similar considerations to me.

A side note, the L-Pads are awesome on the 325x, it sounds more like older school grado drivers. It has a sharply increased treble though, but it also has a wildly improved soundstage. The G pads are even more dramatic for this. If you're interested more in the Sennheiser Hd800s style of headphone, the L or G pads on the 325x make them a, in my opinion, better version of the HD800s style headphone. But also I'm a grado stan, so whatever.

F-Pads for the win in the end. Thank you Grado for being wildly different and good.

Jul 18, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #61,665 of 65,857
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased the Beautiful Audio Pads for my Grado 325x and I wanted to share my experience with them, in case anyone is thinking of purchasing any different pads for their Grados. I own the F-Pads, L-Pads and the Beautiful Audio Hybrid Small Pads.

The beautiful audio hybrid pads are some of the most comfortable headphone pads I've ever felt on my head. The materiel that the creator uses in order to make them is exceptionally high grade, and if someone is looking for any sort of comfort upgrade to their headphones, whether the pads or the headband, they should definitely be looking at these. They are exceptional. They do, however, completely change the sound signature of the headphones. Grado headphones are, as everyone knows, highly customizable with their response when it comes to pads. These pads are probably more "flat/balanced" than the f-pads that come with the headphones (I did not measure this, this is a subjective opinion.) They make the bottom end a bit smoother, and the high end a bit less sharp. This is of course, a subjectively good or bad change depending on who you are. It also significantly decreased the soundstaging of the 325x. I liked their sound, but it had much less "slam" than the f-pads, and honestly for me it took away the magic of the grados. The things I like about them is their excellent imaging, and amazing amount of slam. For me personally, and I can only speak to a subjective view, I liked the 325x significantly less because of this. I tried out the pads for around a month and a half, but after all that I still didn't enjoy them nearly as much as the f-pads. If you're like me and seriously enjoy the sound of the 325x, I wouldn't recommend those pads. If you want a more balanced 325x and increased comfort, I would highly recommend them! The creator is both extremely kind, and thorough with his work. Just thought I'd share this for people who've had similar considerations to me.

A side note, the L-Pads are awesome on the 325x, it sounds more like older school grado drivers. It has a sharply increased treble though, but it also has a wildly improved soundstage. The G pads are even more dramatic for this. If you're interested more in the Sennheiser Hd800s style of headphone, the L or G pads on the 325x make them a, in my opinion, better version of the HD800s style headphone. But also I'm a grado stan, so whatever.

F-Pads for the win in the end. Thank you Grado for being wildly different and good.
This has been my end result as well through my many many Grado's and many many pad rolling. The luxe 3rd party pads are definitely more comfortable than anything else but the sound takes a major hit. Flats are my favorites as well, TTVJ Deluxe Flats only. I wish the Flats out there now were the exact same as the original Flats on the original first run Hemps.. TTVJ Deluxe are very very close.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back