Grado Fan Club!
May 18, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #14,821 of 65,855
One of the reasons that I love my RS1i's is that when my gf comes in to tell me some inane tidbit about one of her friends I can simply turn the volume down a tad and hear her without losing myself in the music. Thanks John Grado.

May 18, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #14,828 of 65,855
Hardest working band in rock ever.  250+ shows a year for 20 years and still going. 

Not to mention the fact that they just flat-out ROCK! Blast Tyrant is still one of my favorite rock albums of all time. Clutch is just super doubleplusgood in my book...

May 18, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #14,829 of 65,855
At Reagan airport in DC. Surrounded by Beats. Looking ugly. Forgot my cans. I have a bad feeling about this...

Maybe when they have an Apple logo on them that bad feeling will go away :wink:

May 19, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #14,831 of 65,855
Yeah, what a shame, I can't believe Apple!
I know they are just aiming for the younger generation/monetary gain, but its still a shame too sell themselves out like that IMO…but they'll be laughing all the way to the bank!
The obvious monetary benefits of a merger/takeover and brand association not withstanding I see this marriage as hopefully a good thing. Apple has stood for topshelf and cutting edge product innovation for awhile now. Their partnership with Beats might stimulate the headphone market leader to introduce a better line of hp's. Why would anybody purchase a pair of Beats if there are B&W's in the same store that sound superior at a similar price point? Don't answer that. Silly question.

May 19, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #14,832 of 65,855
The obvious monetary benefits of a merger/takeover and brand association not withstanding I see this marriage as hopefully a good thing. Apple has stood for topshelf and cutting edge product innovation for awhile now. Their partnership with Beats might stimulate the headphone market leader to introduce a better line of hp's. Why would anybody purchase a pair of Beats if there are B&W's in the same store that sound superior at a similar price point? Don't answer that. Silly question.

I'm sure its not impossible for Beats to make a better headphone…but these young kids today don't care about sound quality nor does Dre, all they want is the latest trends/names/ and bass, so Beats doesn't even have to make a better pair of headphones, as long as they say Dre on them, their gold, no matter what they sound like. Its like everything else for young kids…even when I was young I was guilty of the same thing with the "in" things, they just don't no any better due to minimum life experience, and just being what they are…kids with no cares…yet!

May 19, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #14,833 of 65,855
I think the cans are irrelevant to Apple; it's the Beats music service that matters. Michael at Audiostream had some interesting numbers a few days ago, quote:

"In their recent financial report, Apple disclosed that they now have 800 million iTunes accounts most of which have a credit card tied to them. One basic question is how many iTunes account holders would become Beats Music subscribers? Even if only 5% buy in (40M), that would immediately dwarf Spotify's claimed 6 million paying subscribers."

May 19, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #14,834 of 65,855
Joseph, your point is well taken sir. But I can only go by what my own 18yr old says about my headphones. He's got a couple pairs of gaming hp's and a borrowed set of Beats. I first let him hear my B&W P5's that I use when travelling. He was immediately impressed and convinced of the P5's superiority. Then he tried my Grado's and asked when I was going to buy him a pair. Which only proves the point that when my wallet is in jeopardy teenagers prefer audiophile hp's over Beats hands down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back