Grado Fan Club!
May 18, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #14,806 of 65,916
It wasn't just a tube. I have tried two other pairs of tubes. Same hum. Also, something bizarre had happened to one of my preferred pairs of tubes, but I am going to report that in the Schiit Lyr tube-rolling thread.
frown.gif

This might be a dumb suggestion, but have you ruled out ground-loop hum? Tried a cheater plug or a different outlet, maybe? 

May 18, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #14,807 of 65,916

This might be a dumb suggestion, but have you ruled out ground-loop hum? Tried a cheater plug or a different outlet, maybe? 

Sounds like a very un-dumb suggestion. I have tried different outlets, but I haven't tried a different house yet... Schiit equipment seems very sensitive to ground loops and non-standard voltage. I tried to use my Gungnir in France and was rewarded by the hum of a century (no problem here though). I'll pursue the ground loop theory. Thanks again.

May 18, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #14,809 of 65,916
Sounds like a very un-dumb suggestion. I have tried different outlets, but I haven't tried a different house yet... Schiit equipment seems very sensitive to ground loops and non-standard voltage. I tried to use my Gungnir in France and was rewarded by the hum of a century (no problem here though). I'll pursue the ground loop theory. Thanks again.

No problem man, and good luck!!

May 18, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #14,810 of 65,916
Of all the nice and sometimes expensive gear I have I am always impressed by how good the SR225i sounds straight into my iPod classic. I don't know what it is but that's pretty much a perfect combination for me.

Same with my HTC One

May 18, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #14,812 of 65,916
Are igrados any good? I love my sr60i and in need of portable cams. I tried the Koss porta pros but don't like them enough to keep them.

I use my at work all the time... they do take some time to get adjusted to... Mine clamped a little too hard at first but after about a week of use it got better.

May 18, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #14,813 of 65,916
At Reagan airport in DC. Surrounded by Beats. Looking ugly. Forgot my cans. I have a bad feeling about this...

May 18, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #14,820 of 65,916
I saw this mod in one of the Grado Mods threads. I went to Radio Shack on Friday and bought a set of the Auvio Folding Headphones. They has them on sale for $15 but the sale ended on Friday. I think they are $22 right now.
I took them home, and removed the headband. I had to take out the screw on each side so I could open the holder to cut the cable for each driver. (Man did these headphones sound like crap!)
Anyways I put the complete drivers from my pair of SR80's in the headband assembly of the Auvio headphones. The headband is much more comfortable.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=22366296

Users who are viewing this thread

Back