Grado Fan Club!
May 22, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #32,057 of 66,001

I've heard people speak of Amber Rubarth, but I've never heard any of her recordings.
I just listened to "Full Moon In Paris" MBP>PWDll>KGST>009 and it sounded like I was listening to a binaural recording…excellent recommendation. I must say I was looking around the room at some points for something thats how "out of my head" it sounded. I'll be sampling/downloading this Artist and more from Chesky Records from HDtracks.
Thanks!

May 23, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #32,059 of 66,001
  I've heard people speak of Amber Rubarth, but I've never heard any of her recordings.
I just listened to "Full Moon In Paris" MBP>PWDll>KGST>009 and it sounded like I was listening to a binaural recording…excellent recommendation. I must say I was looking around the room at some points for something thats how "out of my head" it sounded. I'll be sampling/downloading this Artist and more from Chesky Records from HDtracks.
Thanks!

It sounded like a binaural recording because it IS a binaural recording... and I agree, it is GREAT!

Computer Audiophile has a bit of technical data on the recording here.

May 23, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #32,060 of 66,001
  It sounded like a binaural recording b
smile.gif
ecause it IS a binaural recording... and I agree, it is GREAT!
Computer Audiophile has a bit of technical data on the recording here.

LOL!
No wonder why it sounded like a binaural recording. 
confused_face.gif

Thanks for the link on the technical data.

So being this was a binaural recording, can it really count for using to judge your system as compared to a regular recording? I would think not, bit that doesn't change the way I feel about how it sounded. 
smile.gif

May 23, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #32,061 of 66,001

LOL!

confused_face.gif

So being this was a binaural recording, can it really count for using to judge your system as compared to a regular recording? I would think not, bit that doesn't change the way I feel about how it sounded. 
smile.gif

"Scribbled Folk Symphonies" is Amber Rubarth's latest release... also available in binaural high resolution from HD Tracks.  For a while, there was a discount code listed on head-fi.org's first page (where all the tiles of various happenings like headphone meets and specials on some products are listed).  Go back in time.

May 23, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #32,062 of 66,001

LOL!
confused_face.gif

smile.gif

"Scribbled Folk Symphonies" is Amber Rubarth's latest release... also available in binaural high resolution from HD Tracks.  For a while, there was a discount code listed on head-fi.org's first page (where all the tiles of various happenings like headphone meets and specials on some products are listed).  Go back in time.

Thank you, I'm going to check it out.

May 23, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #32,065 of 66,001
I'm running off a MacBook. Technically the "soudstage" and binaural aspects of the audio came through just fine. I'm merely complaining about the voice, tune and the constant repetition of the title of the song. (different taste i suppose).

Cheers

May 24, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #32,067 of 66,001
I bought grado G cushion to increase comfort with my grado sr225e however like lots of you said the sound changed to kinda worse (less full).
I have gotten used to L cush now but i don't want my G cush purchase go to waste :disappointed:
Will washing it make pads softer and closer to the driver?!

May 24, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #32,069 of 66,001
I bought grado G cushion to increase comfort with my grado sr225e however like lots of you said the sound changed to kinda worse (less full).
I have gotten used to L cush now but i don't want my G cush purchase go to waste :disappointed:
Will washing it make pads softer and closer to the driver?!

You could use the G cush as part of a SennGrado or other type of build where they might be designed with G cush to begin with.

May 25, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #32,070 of 66,001
You could use the G cush as part of a SennGrado or other type of build where they might be designed with G cush to begin with.

Hmm..i guess i will keep them for future modding.

yes but not enough

Any idea how to properly wash them?!
Keep them on shampoo and water solution for 15min or just keep pressing on them for 2-3min(on water+ shampoo)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back