Got My Brookstone Dual Drive Earbuds Today!
Aug 2, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #16 of 85
I seriously doubt very much that a company like Brookstone would take the the risk selling a fake product. They don't need too, they have a pretty decent retail ranking in the US (top 50) and would most certainly not jeopardize this for an earphone. 

Like ClieOS said, an OEM product at a more reasonable price.

Aug 2, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #17 of 85
The prospect of Radius DDM2 sound for $60 makes these sooo tempting...but I will resist until I hear some impressions. Argh! The wait is killing me!

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #18 of 85
Darn! I couldn't pass it up.. I twas between this and Realvoice. I chose this one. If it's basically the DDM2 at $60 I will be a very happy camper. Any more thoughts on the sound quality?

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #19 of 85
Oh wow, you've got me as well. I've looked at the Brookstone headphones frequently and I thought they were the usual cheap knockoffs of well known AT's, Sony's and other brand phones just like the Kanens. Jant, I don't know how you find out about all these random IEMs but you're like an IEM hipster (in a good way though heh).

Aug 2, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #20 of 85
I picked them up today in store. If you are on the fence, they are well worth the price of admission and sound pretty good out of box. Bass sounds punchy and extended. I'm thinking it will get even better with some hours. Treble is not forward or bright but has a little bit of sparkle.

Build quality seems cheap but so is the DDM2 from the reviews I've read. The accessories are few and far between but at $60 I'm not complaining. Fit is comfortable. I'm not fan of wearing IEMs straight down but I'm pleasantly surprised at the comfort so far.

The next few days will tell me more but so far so good and iPhone controls to boot. Nice find Jant71!

Aug 2, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #22 of 85

How are the mids?
Quote:
I picked them up today in store. If you are on the fence, they are well worth the price of admission and sound pretty good out of box. Bass sounds punchy and extended. I'm thinking it will get even better with some hours. Treble is not forward or bright but has a little bit of sparkle.

Build quality seems cheap but so is the DDM2 from the reviews I've read. The accessories are few and far between but at $60 I'm not complaining. Fit is comfortable. I'm not fan of wearing IEMs straight down but I'm pleasantly surprised at the comfort so far.

The next few days will tell me more but so far so good and iPhone controls to boot. Nice find Jant71!

Aug 2, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #23 of 85
I actually cancelled my order...

Aug 2, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #24 of 85
Why did you cancel?

Mids seem neither forward or recessed with just a little bit of bleed from the bass. Not much though and certainly less than the fx700's can sometimes have. So far I really like them. Clarity is pretty good too for being bass heavy IEM.

Aug 2, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #25 of 85

Quote:
Why did you cancel?

Mids seem neither forward or recessed with just a little bit of bleed from the bass. Not much though and certainly less than the fx700's can sometimes have. So far I really like them. Clarity is pretty good too for being bass heavy IEM.

Found them somewhere much cheaper....lol .. Half of $60.... And I still didn't buy them. I have enough earphones now with the W4, GR07, EX600 and SM2 (and of course, the 1964-Q). I'm trying to decrease the IEM load, not add on to it.

Aug 2, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #26 of 85

Quote:
Found them somewhere much cheaper....lol .. Half of $60.... And I still didn't buy them. I have enough earphones now with the W4, GR07, EX600 and SM2 (and of course, the 1964-Q). I'm trying to decrease the IEM load, not add on to it.

where

Aug 2, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #29 of 85

The tube may be a bit wider( a full 6mm across).

I used them to and from work today. I personal think I would need the real ones back to be able to tell them apart sound-wise. The same great engaging, open sound. Glad I bought them as they always have a place since they are so comfy, easy to insert and are always an enjoyable easy listen. I was kinda sad to see the loaners TWF21 go to it's next stop on their tour but I wasn't paying $250+ for one. I bought the original and while I liked the TWF21 better than the first Radius, it was not $100 better.

Aug 2, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #30 of 85
do you think they would be fine for running or working out? I understand they are a cable-down IEM, but they also look like they would be pretty snug in your ear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back