Got My Brookstone Dual Drive Earbuds Today!
Sep 6, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #77 of 85
how do these phones perform with congested, complex, and faster music? Does it sound congested or do they do a pretty good job of separating all the sounds out and give you a pretty even distribution of sounds?

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #78 of 85
To those who have these phones...  What are you guys using to create a proper seal?  I've tried the stock tips in the size that usually works for me (large), the sony hybrids, the stock triple.fi tips, and the monster foam supertips.  The supertips work the best, but each time I've used them they got stuck in my ears and were a pita to get out.

Is a seal even necessary for these phones given that they don't isolate as well as many other iems?  I've noticed that they sound pretty damn good even without the seal.

Any tip suggestions would be greatly appreciated -- or if anyone wants to trade large tips that I haven't tried for my unused small/medium hybrids, supertips, or other tips, let me know.  I think these brookstones are a steal for the price, but I'm frustrated that I can't seem to get an optimal fit.

Oct 20, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #79 of 85
I believe your right and almost answered a major part of your own question. The Brookstone's due to their design, seems to sound the best with a light seal and they are certainly not an IEM that isolate as well as many other IEM's does.

I have tried the same tips you mentioned and none of them worked for me either, they didn't fit the nozzle very well or somehow decreased the sound stage too much for my preference.

I finally did find a pair of tips in my tip box that worked great with the Brookstone's, but unfortunately I right now, have no real clue where I got them from, but I'll work on this and let you know!

Oct 21, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #80 of 85
Ok, appreciate the response -- if you figure out which tips you are using, please let me know.

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #81 of 85
Finally, FINALLY got around to writing and posting my review of these. You can view it here or at my site.

Jan 4, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #82 of 85

Quote:
Finally, FINALLY got around to writing and posting my review of these. You can view it here or at my site.

One of my favorite iems, most like full size in sound; the fullness. After using these for a week it made many of my other iems sound hollow.
i almost pulled the trigger on some radius, i just wanted to compare. still happy after a few months with these. i can't say that about most of my purchases.

Jan 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #84 of 85
I really liked these so I went and purchased the DDM2 and got rid of the Brookstones.  They are still awesome at the price point but the DDM2's bring it up a couple of notches.  

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #85 of 85
 if you guys want them they are $21.00 + shipping on ebay . reputable seller that's now selling lots of them as I got my pair very fast outta vegas..
 first impressions though can't say that I really like them . not that I DON'T either but for such a large driver I assumed more umph on the low end , but they go very LOW , are capable and do sound fairly nice . I believe mostly due to the fact I cannot get a good seal is solely why honestly 
 12 hours each burn in with 0db white/pink/sine sweep and then music nonstop a day or two and we'll see..

-seller skinny911 - only ships to USA -

AND PLEASE BE FAIR AND BUY *YOURSELF* JUST ONE PAIR. UGH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back