Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jul 28, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #8,612 of 13,800
Where can you buy the QP1 ?

You can directly contact Questyle or pre-order from headphoneaudiophile.com. Those are the only two places currently taking orders in the US that I know. It's still a pre-order, but they have started shipping so that's awesome.

My Pulse will be here Thursday if USPS tracking is to be believed!

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #8,614 of 13,800
Same here. I am also intersted to find out what the addition of Liquid Carbon will bring to the setup :)
Very interested in your impressions, Brian. Especially after you get the Ether. I'm listening to to my Infinity with Ether now.

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #8,615 of 13,800

Very interested in your impressions, Brian. Especially after you get the Ether. I'm listening to my Infinity with Ether now.

How is it? I am going to get an Ether too.. Hoping to pair it with the Tube HPA later.

Jul 29, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #8,617 of 13,800
  yeah, those HE-1000 have me intrigued I wish I could demo them with my Infinity when it gets here.

I was lucky to hear a pair of HE-1000s at an SF meet up.  Didn't get to hear them on the Pulse, but they were some spectacular headphones.  If I had 3k lying around asking to be spent, I'd probably pick up a pair.

Jul 29, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #8,619 of 13,800
I've used the HE-1000 with the Geek Out Special Edition, line out (took me forever to figure out how to do this...not difficult, my brain freeze, of course, just didn't see the setting in JRiver), into the MicroZOTL2, man, great pairing. I'd expect the LH dac/amps with a bit more juice than the GO should do fine (tbh, didn't even try it out of the Geek Out directly, should one of these days...)

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #8,620 of 13,800
The HE1000 sound great with the X Infinity at least. I dunno about the stock Pulse. The single-ended output of the X Infinity is plenty for the HE1000 (I average at about -30.0 dB on low gain).

Thanks Miceblue

Hmm.. yeah -30db on low gain sounds like its more than capable then. Good to know!

Awesome picture by the way!  Are those still the pre-production models?  Are the pads on those HPs angled?  I can't tell from the pictures...

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #8,621 of 13,800
Yup it's still the beta unit. I just had a phone interview today so I have some stress off my back, for now. I was planning to work on the HE1000 sound quality review today.

In short, although I think the HE1000 sounds great compared to other flagship headphones, I'm ultimately looking for accuracy in a flagship headphone and I think the STAX SRS-2170 is better in that regard, especially with imaging and driver speed. For me, accurate imaging is important since I do record things with in-ear binaural microphones and having an accurate monitor for positioning is something I value. I've never liked the HD800 in that regard since its imaging is pretty funky as is the soundstage. Driver speed is likewise important to me for keeping up with the transients of sounds in a recording. I was surprised to hear the HE1000 being slower considering it uses a thinner diaphragm than the STAX as well as having the stronger planar magnetic vs electrostatic forces.

For just listening to music though, the HE1000 might be worth looking into. It's a more forgiving headphone, which makes it relaxing to listen to, and its large soundstage makes it seem like you're listening to music in a large room.

Oh, yes the pads are angled a bit. So far the only officially confirmed difference between the beta and production units is the headband size.

Jul 29, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #8,622 of 13,800
Same here. I am also intersted to find out what the addition of Liquid Carbon will bring to the setup
smily_headphones1.gif

How is it? I am going to get an Ether too.. Hoping to pair it with the Tube HPA later.

Ordered both! Didn't realize the Liquid Carbon was going to take so long. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back