Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jul 28, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #8,596 of 13,800

Here is the fix they provided:

Dear backers,

As you may have noticed, the $399 Pulse LPS4 2.0 Trade-in perk has been taken down from the campaign. You might be wondering why.

I’ve made a critical error in offering the retail version of Pulse DAC and Pulse LPS (Chassis 2.0) here on the campaign. This offer “muddied the waters,” so to speak. Because of this error, backers are caught in a situation where they may have unmatched components on their desktop or in their rack. For this error, I apologize. It was my decision alone. I’m sorry.

Because there are backers of Pulse DAC Infinity and Pulse DAC SE that will have their devices housed in the retail chassis, we’ve decided to keep the $639 Pulse LPS4 perk active in the case that those backers may want to purchase a matching LPS4. We will not, however, be accepting trade-ins. If Infinity and SE backers don’t want to purchase the new LPS4, we will be providing them with longer cables to connect their LPS/4 1.0 units to their Pulse DAC units to enable them to place their power supplies somewhere out of sight.

Those backers who elected to back the $399 Pulse LPS4 2.0 Trade-in perk will have their contributions refunded by the end of the day Friday.

Again, this mistake is mine. I’m sorry for all the confusion, frustration, and anger I’ve caused. I hope you’ll forgive my overzealousness. I was trying to make everybody happy and, in the end, very few were.

Sincerely,

Gavin

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #8,597 of 13,800
Here' the official update. Whiplash anyone? And to be honest, the logic of his message escapes me.

------

Dear backers,
As you may have noticed, the $399 Pulse LPS4 2.0 Trade-in perk has been taken down from the campaign. You might be wondering why.
I’ve made a critical error in offering the retail version of Pulse DAC and Pulse LPS (Chassis 2.0) here on the campaign. This offer “muddied the waters,” so to speak. Because of this error, backers are caught in a situation where they may have unmatched components on their desktop or in their rack. For this error, I apologize. It was my decision alone. I’m sorry.
Because there are backers of Pulse DAC Infinity and Pulse DAC SE that will have their devices housed in the retail chassis, we’ve decided to keep the $639 Pulse LPS4 perk active in the case that those backers may want to purchase a matching LPS4. We will not, however, be accepting trade-ins. If Infinity and SE backers don’t want to purchase the new LPS4, we will be providing them with longer cables to connect their LPS/4 1.0 units to their Pulse DAC units to enable them to place their power supplies somewhere out of sight.
Those backers who elected to back the $399 Pulse LPS4 2.0 Trade-in perk will have their contributions refunded by the end of the day Friday.
Again, this mistake is mine. I’m sorry for all the confusion, frustration, and anger I’ve caused. I hope you’ll forgive my overzealousness. I was trying to make everybody happy and, in the end, very few were.
Sincerely,
Gavin

-----

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #8,598 of 13,800
So it's oficial. No LPS4 trade-ins

I believe the longer power cable umbilical for us with 1.0 LPSs to be sensible and fair

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #8,599 of 13,800
Yep it's totally incomprehensible. How is offering the retail version of the DAC a critical error related to trading in the LPS 4?

If anything people may have bought the old LPS 4 and want a matching case.

I think if anything the critical error creating the angst is the horrific price of $400 just to swap to a bigger case?

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #8,600 of 13,800
They say it's a redesigned PCB to accommodate the change in shape of the box. Yet the circuit is the same.
So not exactly a box swap. But yeah, it seems like a change from the super early bird perks that we saw at the beginning of the campaign. Them again, back then, the scope of the project was not as big as we made it to be. Pulse now is a whole different animal from what it was supposed to be at the dawn of the campaign.

I had no hope from the beginning. The trade-in didn't covered LPS-1 units.

Jul 28, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #8,602 of 13,800
Congrats Brian! Enjoy

Jul 28, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #8,603 of 13,800
  My X Infinity has shipped. Hooray! It's been a good week so far, having just today received my CDM and QP1R. Now the only item left to ship is my Ether.

If we don't hear from you for a while we will know why!

Jul 28, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #8,605 of 13,800
Do you guys think the Pulse by itself is more than enough or just enough to drive the HE-1000? What about the HE-560?

Jul 28, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #8,608 of 13,800
Am i the only one just deleting the email updates? lol whenever i hear about something "new" "perks" "early bird" i just hit delete :stuck_out_tongue: - when are we getting the geek mono amps?- good for all of you still contributing- for some reason i just dont care anymore- i figured after they showed some great sounding prototypes at CES that the development was almost complete. i am sure as they get closer to producing something more perks will come our way. sorry for my rant but looks like they will never let indiegogo go. i guess thats their philosophy. i am good with that- at least i know i will have to wait. but to be fair the Infinity is awesome :grinning:

Jul 28, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #8,609 of 13,800
The question is: why would the Pulse not be able to drive the HE1000?

The Pulse would have no trouble driving the HE1000's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back