Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Feb 3, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #4,951 of 13,800
Anyone else wondering what is really happening with shipments? The X or XFI variants were slated to go out 'January W3' and January has come and gone with naught but some excuses about boxes not coming through the port and the need to find an alternative, which they did.
Maybe January 2016?

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #4,952 of 13,800
Anyone else wondering what is really happening with shipments? The X or XFI variants were slated to go out 'January W3' and January has come and gone with naught but some excuses about boxes not coming through the port and the need to find an alternative, which they did.
Maybe January 2016?

The boxes were a legit reason, unfortunately. They would have had a bigger issue on their hands if they went with some other box without considering the options (like, even more than they already have) and you would have been back here even more pissed.

It's getting frustrating, but they are moving at a quicker pace. The Geek Pulse's shipped have went up 12%.

At the same time, the PayPal invoice for the already paid off Pulse is still sitting on my paypal account.

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #4,953 of 13,800
  The boxes were a legit reason, unfortunately. They would have had a bigger issue on their hands if they went with some other box without considering the options (like, even more than they already have) and you would have been back here even more pissed.

It's getting frustrating, but they are moving at a quicker pace. The Geek Pulse's shipped have went up 12%.

At the same time, the PayPal invoice for the already paid off Pulse is still sitting on my paypal account.

Have you opened a support case to get the account confirmed and the invoice removed?

If so, and it is currently open, send an email asking for update.

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #4,954 of 13,800

Have you opened a support case to get the account confirmed and the invoice removed?

If so, and it is currently open, send an email asking for update.

I paid it way earlier last month and was suppose to get a confirmation. When they sent that thing out about the announcement about the payment invoices, and to email them back if they did...well I did. She responded that it would be taken care of and I would get a confirmation shortly....Annnddd nothing. So I opened a new ticket an hour or two ago. I hope its more successful.

Feb 3, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #4,956 of 13,800
  I paid it way earlier last month and was suppose to get a confirmation. When they sent that thing out about the announcement about the payment invoices, and to email them back if they did...well I did. She responded that it would be taken care of and I would get a confirmation shortly....Annnddd nothing. So I opened a new ticket an hour or two ago. I hope its more successful.

Exactly what has happened to me and I went round a couple of times but supposedly they are improving and have some fresh blood in cust service so I will also try again(fingers crossed). Man I hope when this arrives all the hassle will have been worth it. Supposedly there should be a bunch of reviews coming shortly which may help stem some angst.

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #4,957 of 13,800
I think that my point was more that if they knew shipping was delayed and they were sending emails and making posts about what was going on, they would have ALSO updated the two or three official places on their web sites that have shipping expectations and fulfillment timeframes. Last I checked the Pulse XFI was listed January W3 which simply is no longer true, and now it is anyone's guess when things will move or update.

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #4,958 of 13,800
LH never excelled at updating backers about various status regarding shipment, delays, progress etc...
They update once in a while, when there is too much ranting going on.

At some point, during the weekly updates, they did a good job.

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #4,960 of 13,800
I am not surprised anymore that they failed to update the current status or explanation. But if my pulse infinity isn't shipped by mid-May and there is no update whatsoever just like now. I will be pissed.

Have pity on those of us in Australia. Every month Xfi is delayed our import tax just goes up and up...

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=AUD&view=1Y

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #4,961 of 13,800
I'm not sure where to post this, already did post in the Geek Out thread, but figured I'd try here as I believe I read about the Jays Audio LPS here. I just got it today, feels nice, but I hadn't intended to use it for the Pulse, instead, planned on using it for the Geek Out Special Edition. But, it doesn't have ups connector, just the round connector one would use on the power supply of, say, a laptop. Anyone using this combination? Is there a cable I need to do this? thanks for your help.

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #4,962 of 13,800
I'm not sure where to post this, already did post in the Geek Out thread, but figured I'd try here as I believe I read about the Jays Audio LPS here. I just got it today, feels nice, but I hadn't intended to use it for the Pulse, instead, planned on using it for the Geek Out Special Edition. But, it doesn't have ups connector, just the round connector one would use on the power supply of, say, a laptop. Anyone using this combination? Is there a cable I need to do this? thanks for your help.

You cannot Jays LPS on the Geek out.  Jays produces 12V out.  USB is 5V and also carries data.

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #4,963 of 13,800

You cannot Jays LPS on the Geek out.  Jays produces 12V out.  USB is 5V and also carries data.

Unless, of course, you bought the 5V Jays. :)  In this case, it is conceivable that some special Y cable that combines power from Jays and data from the computer would work.  I've never seen such a cable though.

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #4,964 of 13,800

Unless, of course, you bought the 5V Jays. :)  In this case, it is conceivable that some special Y cable that combines power from Jays and data from the computer would work.  I've never seen such a cable though.

Apricorn USB Y cable to USB > 5.5mm/2.1mm OD cable

http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Volt-Barrel-Power-Cable/dp/B00304DZ7I

Boom

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #4,965 of 13,800
Apricorn USB Y cable to USB > 5.5mm/2.1mm OD cable

http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Volt-Barrel-Power-Cable/dp/B00304DZ7I

Boom

That would give you the power if it was a type A female connector, but what about the data?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back