Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Jan 31, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #4,921 of 13,800

I am not a technician, but judging from the pics of NFB-28 I don't think you can use an LPS with it.

You will be able to use only the LPS's USB output. The LPS will only provide DC power via a molex connector, while the Audio GD needs an AC mains power cable.

Yeah, that's what I figured.  

Firmware flash should be written to prevent this Casey!. It should be written to ID the chips and refuse to work if it is seeing the wrong hardware.
Of course, someone with the motivation and knowledge can modify it to brick their hardware if so motivated, but that is a different situation than dealing with an accident.

Yeah, exactly. When writing a program like this, this should be one of the first "error checking" that should come to mind. It's just good programming practice and lessens the chance of customers doing this. I don't see how LH labs would know if the customer did it by mistake or not, and prove that it was the customer's fault. So it would be in their best interest to add this safety check.

Jan 31, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #4,922 of 13,800
Sounds to me LHLAB could use a programmer in their team

Jan 31, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #4,923 of 13,800

I have to say, I'm really not a fan of such responses - equally as tiresome as the post you replied to.

+1.

We are being forced to stay involved. A lot of people have put a lot of money down. There have been delays and misinformation along the way. The vast majority of us are quietly trying to remain patient and optimistic.

The 'schiit' approach to difficult customers is valid, but only when you give them a way out...

Jan 31, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #4,924 of 13,800
How about this quote; Rule 1: The customer is always right. Rule 2: If the customer is ever wrong, re-read Rule 1.” – Stew Leonard

Are you from CT?

Feb 1, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #4,926 of 13,800
I don't want to start a new thread in LHL forum so I might just post here.

Tried 3 different USB cables, and I am a bit surprised that the difference is so noticeable.

I didn't expect this because: 1. They are relatively cheap. 2. People reported that they could not hear a difference between USB cable that came with the printer and the supposedly good SQ USB cable.

Those three are generic USB cable came with the Audinst MX-1 DAC, Lightspeed 1G and the Cabledyne Silver Reference.

The generic one sounds muddy, lack of resolution, plain.
The Lightspeed 1G is better in every way.
The Cabledyne is even better, especially the imaging is much more 3D.

I also tried Shiit Wyrd. Lightspeed 1G>Wyrd>Cabledyne. 
No, it didn't improve the sound quality, Schiit is honest.
It made the SQ worse.
The sound is "cleaner" but I think it stripped too much and the sound is too lean, compared to Cabledyne alone.
Switching the position between 1G and the Cabledyne might sound slight different but I didnt bother to find out.

I am using plain Geek Pulse with HD800, FRM filter.
This impression is highly system dependent so YMMY.

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #4,929 of 13,800
Although I would very much like a refund for all my contributions, the objective part of me knows that it's not possible and would be unfair to LHL in some sense.

I'm not happy with Casey's last few posts here as well, but I do not hold any greviences towards him as he's the unfortunate rep from the company who has to bear the brunt of complaints on forums and social media.

In one of my tickets in the old support system, I mentioned to Manny that I really appreciate his efforts, and that I understand that he's been dealt a bad hand by working in CS for a company dedicated to crowdfunding. Can you imagine the sheer volume of tickets that he's bombarded with every day? I wouldn't even be surprised if he's unable to keep track of all the product variants of his company since there's just too many.

Same goes for Casey I guess. I believe the fact that he lost his cool indirectly shows that he's putting in a maximum shift and doing as much as he can.

We've seen some positive steps lately with the revamp of the horrid ticketing system and that's cause for hope. Let's be patient and hope the improvement continues.

Feb 1, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #4,930 of 13,800
No wonder they were and are still bombared by tickets.
Just look at the perks they were throwing out, some were confusing, than the possibilty to shift perks, upgrades, switching them and upgraing later.

Perks everywhere! Perkageddon! 

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #4,932 of 13,800
The Perktrix:

Perktrix Part 1: The GO campaign
Perktrix Part 2: The Pulse campaign
Perktrix Part 3: The Wave campaign

Everything that has a beginning has another beginning
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #4,933 of 13,800
How about"Perkatory"?

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #4,935 of 13,800
  LOL just my wife, I  found the quote from a site about customer service.

I grew up in CT and shopped both the Norwalk and Danbury stores for many years.  Great place and they did have excellent customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back