Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics
Oct 6, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #2,026 of 13,800

I went back and took a look at how much I paid for the Pulse X/f/i with the LPS. Let's just say its not cheap at all :)

True. But then you would have paid less than $1000 for the Pulse Xfi + LPS. The basic Pulse on it's own has a retail price of $1299 now while the retail price of the LPS is now $799 (i think) while the LPS4 will be priced $1499.

Ouch
eek.gif

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #2,030 of 13,800
The retail price for the Pulse Xfi is going to be :2,199
LPS: $999

Which means that we got both of them at a $2000 discount. Based on the retail price of course.

Now I wonder how the Pulse Xfi would stack against the Auralic Vega or even the Invicta? Guess I might be too hopeful but I believe in Larry Ho! Haha

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #2,032 of 13,800
Oct 6, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #2,033 of 13,800
i'm considering letting my whole package go, if there is someone who would be interested shoot me a pm.
i've got the pulse x/f/i, lps 4 , lightspeed jr, and 2g usb cables, over $1000 invested, and i might be willing to take  LITTLE loss
so for those who didn't jump on board early, and want the maxed out geek pulse, this might be your chance

Oct 6, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #2,034 of 13,800
  i'm considering letting my whole package go, if there is someone who would be interested shoot me a pm.
i've got the pulse x/f/i, lps 4 , lightspeed jr, and 2g usb cables, over $1000 invested, and i might be willing to take  LITTLE loss
so for those who didn't jump on board early, and want the maxed out geek pulse, this might be your chance

I am curious. Why?

Edit: Just saw your profile. That's an insane amount of equipment. 

I would be interested in the 2G cable. Have everything else on your list. I am in India though. Will you be willing to ship the 2G?

Oct 6, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #2,035 of 13,800

I am curious. Why?

Edit: Just saw your profile. That's an insane amount of equipment. 

I would be interested in the 2G cable. Have everything else on your list. I am in India though. Will you be willing to ship the 2G?

nah, sorry , if i was going to keep something it might be the 2g cable

Oct 6, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #2,038 of 13,800
Anyone else going to rmaf here's some stuff I think we'd all like to know more about

RMAF testing checklist:
1 - knob feel, material and volume increase linearity at top and bottom of dial, any crackling etc
2 - feet - number, color, material, height?
3 -  enclosure finish quality, screws color and phillips or allen?
4 - oled display - too bright/just right, viewing angles from the side good, text sharp or jaggy?  any lag when changing volume etc
5 - what menus can you access by pushing in the knob, filters, gain, input, variable rca out/fixed out, pc volume or knob only volume etc
6 - where is the IR sensor for the apple remote, in the oled display?  in the acrylic?
7 - how weighty is the geek pulse?  dimensions in general?
8 - can you take pics of the silkscreened labels maybe or ports in back?
9 - on low gain do sensitives IEMs sound good, any background noise?
10 - what's the startup like, any cool bootup animation or countdown or progress bar type thing, this is only interesting to me probably :p
that's all I can think of other than the sound quality.  I guess if it sounds super amazingly incredible then appearance and feature usability are not very important as long as it doesn't have showstopper bugs like geek out did for some people.

Oct 6, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #2,039 of 13,800
Well regarding the volume knob, Pulse backers just got an update from Indiegogo:
Good afternoon!

It's getting crazy around here. Rich has sent a large shipment of parts to our assembly house, and his crew is organizing the final assembly stations so when the boards come back to us, they can be tested and put into their chassis. This is what it looks like in Rich's area:

Kellee has been mostly offsite for the past week. Today is no different-- she's at a vendor's office getting Kayla's faceplate art printed on the front, and getting the connector labels printed on the back plates. Here's what it's going to look like:

As Rich, Kellee, and their crews are ramping up for final assembly and shipments, my crew is getting ready for RMAF. If you haven't already read it, here's a link to a blog post I published on our website telling all about what to expect from LH Labs at RMAF.

If you're coming to the show, please look for us. Larry & I will be on the 11th floor of the Marriott Tower, and Sean & Casey will be at CanJam. We'd love to meet you in person.

Take care,

-GF

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #2,040 of 13,800
I'm  really looking forward to listening the Pulse Xfi!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back