[FYI] Various IEM's tips pictorial comparison (updated Sept 29th, 2011)
Jul 31, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #31 of 404
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably a bit difficult to spot, but this is just under the picture: 'Middle sized tips of all sort.'

Ah I see now. Thanks!

Aug 21, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #32 of 404
So, based on this guide my conclusion is that Shure black foamies will not fit on my RE2s. Is this correct? I have measured the nozzle on my RE2s and found it to be approx 6mm.

Also, I know that Comply foamies will fit my RE2s, but are they washable? I don't like the idea of having to buy new tips every few weeks.

Great work by the way

Aug 21, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #33 of 404
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj_brown_99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, based on this guide my conclusion is that Shure black foamies will not fit on my RE2s. Is this correct?

Yes, you are correct that olive will not fit without modification.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/awe...ple-fi-232939/
Quote:

Also, I know that Comply foamies will fit my RE2s, but are they washable?

No. One wash and they will fall apart. You can try submerging them in peroxide solution (from pharmacy) but it only extends the life spend very little.

Quote:

Great work by the way

You'll welcome.

Aug 21, 2008 at 9:37 AM Post #34 of 404
Could you add some info on ear-moulded pieces? That is: individually adapted tips. Do they perform better than the generic tips, really?

Aug 21, 2008 at 10:01 AM Post #35 of 404
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is: individually adapted tips. Do they perform better than the generic tips, really?

The main benefit of using custom molded eartip is the fit, but this is assuming that you can get a correct and perfect mold at the first place. Some people get it on the first trial, some never get it after ten.

The issue of using custom tips are they can (and often do) very from person to person and case to case. There is not a definite answer I can tell you that whether them will work better or not - there are just too many individual factors that can't be accounted for.

Aug 24, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #39 of 404
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you add some info on ear-moulded pieces? That is: individually adapted tips. Do they perform better than the generic tips, really?

My experience with them, with Future Sonics EM3s and Atrios, was not great. They fit well, but drained some of the sound quality, in my view. I had the older FS softerwear sleeves, which cost me $185 like 4 years ago. Still have them, but never use them. I tried them with the 716s, since the sound tube does fit, but again, it just doesn;'t sound as good as the olives. In fact, sounds pretty bad.

Aug 25, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #40 of 404
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My experience with them, with Future Sonics EM3s and Atrios, was not great. They fit well, but drained some of the sound quality, in my view. I had the older FS softerwear sleeves, which cost me $185 like 4 years ago. Still have them, but never use them. I tried them with the 716s, since the sound tube does fit, but again, it just doesn;'t sound as good as the olives. In fact, sounds pretty bad.

This site should have a People Saving Other People Money award. I'd vote for you for this month.
beerchug.gif

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #41 of 404
bump.

So far the tips that work the best for me are the CrossRoads MylarOne bi-flanges. Are the UE bi-flanges the closest replacement for those? And since my other IEMs are Senn CX-95's and PL-30's, is it worth trying Sleek bi-flanges with them? Thanks!

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #43 of 404
Quote:

Originally Posted by MGbert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bump.

So far the tips that work the best for me are the CrossRoads MylarOne bi-flanges. Are the UE bi-flanges the closest replacement for those? And since my other IEMs are Senn CX-95's and PL-30's, is it worth trying Sleek bi-flanges with them? Thanks!

Sleek's bi-flanges are not meant for larger nozzle. I suspect they will fit onto CX95 or PL-30, but it will not be an easy process. If you have mid ~ large ear canal, than you can also try Head-Direct's big bi-flanges.

Dec 5, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #44 of 404
Oh boy. I was reading through it and he said not to put alcohol based cleaners in contact with the cables. I remember a long time ago, when I had a pair of sound isolating sony headphones, while I was in high school I decided that it'd be a good idea to clean the white cables with rubbing alcohol and what happened?

The cable literally started to just peel away. It almost looked like the damn thing was melting off. I was like "OH****OH****OH****." and taped it up and used it for a little longer before it **** the bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back