Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Feb 7, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #166 of 1,216

Quote:
Looks like you are using the Atrio with the Shure black foams?
These foams give very mixed results with the Atrio's.
I am one of the people who didn't really like them on the Atrio.
Could you give your experience with these tips for the other members?

These are Comply T100's. I actually prefer the sound on the original foams supplied by Future Sonic but I find them too uncomfortable (almost like it's tickling my brain!) probably due to they're flat shape, looks like they've been cut from a long foam block. I found that with the Comply's sound is slightly recessed in the bass and treble department but offers a slight increase in soundstage, I think this is due to the more rounded tip of the Comply's. These difference are very minimal though and I think comfort out weighs this by a long shot.

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #168 of 1,216

Quote:
These are Comply T100's. I actually prefer the sound on the original foams supplied by Future Sonic but I find them too uncomfortable (almost like it's tickling my brain!) probably due to they're flat shape, looks like they've been cut from a long foam block. I found that with the Comply's sound is slightly recessed in the bass and treble department but offers a slight increase in soundstage, I think this is due to the more rounded tip of the Comply's. These difference are very minimal though and I think comfort out weighs this by a long shot.

I prefer the stock tips. The FS black foams don't give me a good seal and it increases treble and decreases bass.
I might try the Klipsch that Shane recommended.

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:27 PM Post #169 of 1,216

Quote:
I prefer the stock tips. The FS black foams don't give me a good seal and it increases treble and decreases bass.
I might try the Klipsch that Shane recommended.

Just received my Atrios on Saturday ^^.
I found that only the Stock double Flanged tips to give the best sound out of all rest of the provided tips.
Tried putting on my Complys T-100s and indeed , Bass is muffled compared to stock double flanges.
Have yet to get my hands on Shure Olives thou.

Used to wrap my S4 around this.
http://www.amazon.com/Fishbone-Headset-Wrap/dp/B002RI7PHE

Any repercussions if I do the same to my brand new Atrios?  
L3000.gif

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #170 of 1,216

Quote:
Can someone post some real-life pictures of the chocolate ones? I almost went for them because I wanted something a little different but settled for the black because the brown um... not to be disgusting but they sort of put me in mind of something else that's brown...

Mine, with Shure foam olives, next to a piece of chocolate.

And the contents of the Bluelink adapter (bluelink, metal case, zipper case, mini-USB adapter):

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #172 of 1,216

Quote:
Can someone post some real-life pictures of the chocolate ones? I almost went for them because I wanted something a little different but settled for the black because the brown um... not to be disgusting but they sort of put me in mind of something else that's brown...

You realize that the brown color is designed to match the skin color of folks with more melanin?

So, all the "hey it's brown like poop!" stuff is..not good. Not at all saying anything bad about you here, just commenting.

I'm just raising consciousness, here.

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #173 of 1,216

You realize that the brown color is designed to match the skin color of folks with more melanin?

So, all the "hey it's brown like poop!" stuff is..not good. Not at all saying anything bad about you here, just commenting.

...and the blue ones are made to match smurfs, right?

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #175 of 1,216
Hmm... Fair enough. I'd never seen a tan pair of Atrios before, so I didn't know they were trying to match skin tones. If anyone took offence to my my earlier statements, I unreservedly apologize for my ignorance. In my defence, the association I made earlier was due to a combination of the curvy tapered shape and colour, rather than just a reaction to just the colour itself. Again, I apologize for any offence caused.

Feb 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #176 of 1,216

Take a look at these.

So, they only made matching skin colors for people with dark complection? That's why the idea doesn't make sense to me.

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #177 of 1,216
^I wouldn't go as for as dark complexion.  The tan is pretty neutral.  The odd person out is an albino, but I wont' go there. So what color did you end up picking?

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #178 of 1,216

Quote:

So, they only made matching skin colors for people with dark complection? That's why the idea doesn't make sense to me.

That's pretty much caucasian/asian you've got there. The customs actually come in a rainbow of fleshtones (as well as a rainbow of non-fleshtones).

The thing you have to understand is that Atrios were designed as universal-fit stage monitors. That's their original function, at any rate, and it's what they are used as still quite a bit.
There's a youtube video of some musician or another doing a gig with Atrios as the monitor, but he's African-American and his Atrios are red, so it doesn't fit my point at all... oh well.

Quote:
^I wouldn't go as for as dark complexion.  The tan is pretty neutral.  The odd person out is an albino, but I wont' go there. So what color did you end up picking?

Albinos would have to go for Ear Monitors, I guess.

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #179 of 1,216

That's pretty much caucasian/asian you've got there. The customs actually come in a rainbow of fleshtones (as well as a rainbow of non-fleshtones).

The thing you have to understand is that Atrios were designed as universal-fit stage monitors. That's their original function, at any rate, and it's what they are used as still quite a bit.
There's a youtube video of some musician or another doing a gig with Atrios as the monitor, but he's African-American and his Atrios are red, so it doesn't fit my point at all... oh well.

Albinos would have to go for Ear Monitors, I guess.

I was refering to the universal fit colors, which i thought there were only four. If I'm wrong, then I digress. I went with black, by the way, and I'm white, hah. Brown was a close second.

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #180 of 1,216
Could someone, and please mind my ignorance - explain M5 -> MG7 to me?

From what I understand:
-m5 is the design (ie. colour)
So m7 is something else and discontinued?
Source:
http://www.futuresonics.com/FSatrios.html

& colour:
http://homerecording.about.com/od/audiomonitorreviews/fr/atrio_review.htm

I think i found it myself:
Source:
http://earfuture.com/_dynamique/catalogues02/fichiers/en---atrio-83.pdf

-MG7 is the driver, and I thus presume it had an older driver before, ie. MG5?

-What was the SALE price that was had several weeks ago on these (i remember seeing it in the alert thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back