Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review
Mar 18, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #5,356 of 12,089

Upgrading (or according to some 'sidegrading') headphones you haven't even heard yet? That is pretty quick.

YOLO. I got the refund, will buy th900 the end of this month XD

Mar 18, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #5,357 of 12,089
  YOLO. I got the refund, will buy th900 the end of this month XD

And for sure you won't ever wonder again, how you personally would have found thx00 compared to th900. Happy ending.
900 might be technically better. But there are people, who prefer x00 over 900. I definitely wanna try both before choosing preference. Not to choose blindly. But YMMV.

Mar 18, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #5,358 of 12,089

And for sure you won't ever wonder again, how you personally would have found thx00 compared to th900. Happy ending.
900 might be technically better. But there are people, who prefer x00 over 900. I definitely wanna try both before choosing preference. Not to choose blindly. But YMMV.

Yes, I just wanna invest and stop wondering again. This should be my last investment to headphones. Else, Ill be working out on amp/dac that suits TH900.

I feel like I waste a lot of money and time by buying mid tier cans. So, use the money and buy the high end and enjoy.

Thinking of buying iFi Audio Micro iCan as the amp/dac for TH900. Do u have any experience with it?

Mar 18, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #5,359 of 12,089
Does anyone know if old denon ear pads will screw right on?

Yes. A little bit tight, but can put on w/o any problem. I'm using the stock D7000 pads and the Lawton Angle Pads for D7000. Don't like the stock pads of THX00.

Mar 18, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #5,360 of 12,089

Between these two, I definitely like the X00 better for its slightly more neutral sound and better vocals. Sold the TH900 w/o any regret, but I'm not gonna sell the THX00.

Mar 18, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #5,361 of 12,089
  Yes, I just wanna invest and stop wondering again. This should be my last investment to headphones. Else, Ill be working out on amp/dac that suits TH900.

I feel like I waste a lot of money and time by buying mid tier cans. So, use the money and buy the high end and enjoy.

Thinking of buying iFi Audio Micro iCan as the amp/dac for TH900. Do u have any experience with it?

I have experience with Micro iCan. Owned it for about a year. Pretty good, but sounds kind of artificial compared to Mojo. I could never switch back to iCan after Mojo.
For a long time I thought headphones are the most important component of one's system. I always had mid tier amps/DACs (£100-250).
Mojo has changed the way I look at audio gear. It really brings HQ audio of £1000+ DACs to the average consumer for £400.
And brings out the best of every headphones I have ever tried with it. Completely transformed my X2s. But enough of the praise, everyone has to try themselves.

Imo "last investment" just doesn't exist in this hobby.

I am equally curious to hear x00s and 900s. Couldn't choose one of them without auditioning.

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #5,363 of 12,089

I have experience with Micro iCan. Owned it for about a year. Pretty good, but sounds kind of artificial compared to Mojo. I could never switch back to iCan after Mojo.
For a long time I thought headphones are the most important component of one's system. I always had mid tier amps/DACs (£100-250).
Mojo has changed the way I look at audio gear. It really brings HQ audio of £1000+ DACs to the average consumer for £400.
And brings out the best of every headphones I have ever tried with it. Completely transformed my X2s. But enough of the praise, everyone has to try themselves.

Imo "last investment" just doesn't exist in this hobby.

I am equally curious to hear x00s and 900s. Couldn't choose one of them without auditioning.

What model is that? (Your Mojo)

I heard Fostex HPA8 is good for TH900. 

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #5,364 of 12,089
  What model is that? (Your Mojo)

I heard Fostex HPA8 is good for TH900. 

Chord Mojo. The most hyped DAC since last Christmas. Using innovative technology, and bringing sound quality of £1-2000 DACs for £400. I suggest you to read some of the Mojo thread here on head-fi.

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #5,365 of 12,089

Chord Mojo. The most hyped DAC since last Christmas. Using innovative technology, and bringing sound quality of £1-2000 DACs for £400. I suggest you to read some of the Mojo thread here on head-fi.

Just read some reviews in amazon. Seems like the price is $599. Is it only DAC? 

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #5,366 of 12,089
  Just read some reviews in amazon. Seems like the price is $599. Is it only DAC? 

£400, $600. It is a DAC and amp. But combined. There is no separate DAC or amp section. But in practice it is a DAC and and amp.
Buying this little device was the biggest jump in my entire audio history regarding sound quality and well spent money. Simply incredible.

Mar 18, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #5,367 of 12,089

Yes. A little bit tight, but can put on w/o any problem. I'm using the stock D7000 pads and the Lawton Angle Pads for D7000. Don't like the stock pads of THX00.

Awesome. I am going to order a pair of those POM plates (the plastic ring that screws the earpad in) so I can avoid swapping it out if switching earpads.

Wow, months back a few people were trying to find these rings but nobody got an idea, now they pop up like they have always been there.
Quoting the pals in the hope of helping them know.

Quote:
  The elliptical shape of the Alpha pads takes a little bit of muscle to stretch them around the plastic ring. Also don't be too afraid to bend the ring inwards to get the pads to stretch around. I was worried the ring would break when I bent it but it didn't.

Ideally it would be nice to have another identical plastic mounting ring for the TH-X00. That way it would be very easy to do a comparison with the stock pads. Just twist to unlock the mounting ring and swap pads. Is there somewhere I can order this mounting ring?

Has anyone found a place to buy an extra pair of mounting rings for these? I recently got a pair of HM5s for these and tried to secure them to the cans using the mounting ring system. It was a big struggle just to get them to finally fold over the mounting ring, but then when I tried to rotate them into the locking mechanism they wouldn't budge. Had to make some incisions on the pad's lip so the material which was bunching up near the prongs of the mounting ring could be folded through the hole behind each prong. I made a few extra incisions to help relieve some of the stress which might have caused the bigger incisions to rip more over time. They screw on and off now with reasonable ease, not as smoothly as the stock pads but it's functional.

Mar 18, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #5,368 of 12,089
  £400, $600. It is a DAC and amp. But combined. There is no separate DAC or amp section. But in practice it is a DAC and and amp.
Buying this little device was the biggest jump in my entire audio history regarding sound quality and well spent money. Simply incredible.

Since u heard iFi and u said Chord Mojo is better. So, yeap... Gonna get Mojo after my TH900 :)

Mar 18, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #5,370 of 12,089
I just received a Fiio X1 that I bought from a member here and I'm looking it a lot so far. Anyone here think it's a good paired with the TH-00's since it's efficient?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back