Foobar2000 Dolby Headphone config - Comment & discuss!
Jun 15, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #827 of 868

I had version 1.2.2, so it's great to have a newer version available in case I need to install components that aren't available for 1.2.2. Thanks!

Btw, great avatar! I saw KC on their last tour. Wow.

Jun 15, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #828 of 868

I had version 1.2.2, so it's great to have a newer version available in case I need to install components that aren't available for 1.2.2. Thanks!

Btw, great avatar! I saw KC on their last tour. Wow.

I managed to extract the DSP chain and apply it on the last Foobar version. It is pretty easy actually.

Yeah, King Crimson. Modern era heroes. I've seen Robert Fripp several times with various projects but I'm waiting for a proper KC tour.

Jun 16, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #829 of 868
  I managed to extract the DSP chain and apply it on the last Foobar version. It is pretty easy actually.

Yeah, King Crimson. Modern era heroes. I've seen Robert Fripp several times with various projects but I'm waiting for a proper KC tour.

I was thinking about figuring out how to "extract the DSP chain", but then had another drink and gave up lol.

So you did it and then posted the ZIP. Mighty kind of you! Thanks a lot.

Their current project is about as proper a KC project as you're going to get. I see they are getting pretty close to Italy in September!

Btw, I saw that you were in this thread. Worthwhile? I've been happily using the RPG's "laidback" config for a couple of years, but that thread looks interesting.

Jun 16, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #830 of 868

I was thinking about figuring out how to "extract the DSP chain", but then had another drink and gave up lol.

So you did it and then posted the ZIP. Mighty kind of you! Thanks a lot.

Their current project is about as proper a KC project as you're going to get. I see they are getting pretty close to Italy in September!

Btw, I saw that you were in this thread. Worthwhile? I've been happily using the RPG's "laidback" config for a couple of years, but that thread looks interesting.

Yeah I was testing the "5.1 Headphone experience" but I got distortions using WASAPI event. If I play certain songs, expecially music with round basses like kauan's villiruusu, I hear crackling. I turned to this config and I noticed I don't get that problem.

Unfonrtunately I don't live in italy ATM eheh, Otherwise I would checked it out.

Later I post a zip file with the cfg files, so you can use it with the last foobar version.

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #831 of 868
links on front page wont work for me

im trying to get the forward configuration:

Jun 30, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #832 of 868
  links on front page wont work for me

im trying to get the forward configuration:

Say a big thank you to @bettergenes!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/555263/foobar2000-dolby-headphone-config-comment-discuss/810#post_12646492

Jul 1, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #833 of 868
how can i change the portable config to standard ?

BTW Thanks Wayne for the link

Jul 1, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #834 of 868

Go to Preferences -> Shell Integration 
click the "Manage file type associations" at the top
a new window with audio file associations should appear
select file types you want f2k to open as the default program (or just check "Select All") and press Save
check "Register supported file formats on startup" (optional)
check "Set as the default audio CD player" (optional)
click OK

Jul 2, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #836 of 868

BTW Thanks Wayne for the link

Yer welcome!

Try this: File, Preferences, Playback, DSP manager, Click on Down Arrow beside "DSP Chain Presets"; select "Default: Stock foobar2000"; Load.

Jul 21, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #838 of 868
Nov 2, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #840 of 868
I'm also wondering. These configurations are perhaps the most optimal for a pleasant binaural sound. I tried a lot of them: VST plug-ins, convolvers, many other different tools for my headphones. Nothing sounds better than laid-back config to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back