Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Jun 23, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #16 of 6,742

No, I haven't yet.  
frown.gif
  Work has been pretty busy in the past couple of days so I just haven't had the time.  

I'll post them here for sure as soon as I get them written up though.  
smile.gif

glad to hear business has been booming.  Can't wait!

Thanks!  Though I wouldn't say that business is booming since we don't have anything to sell, lol!  
biggrin.gif
  We're spending our time making production is on schedule for the runs that we currently have open.  On top of that, we just finished the industrial design phase of the Liquid Spark (portable), and we're moving into some rapid prototypes before going into production soon.  And of course, we're working on perfecting the Liquid Tungsten.  Lots to do!  
smile.gif

Jun 24, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #19 of 6,742
My Elear will be here today. First impressions not far behind.
cool.gif

Really looking forward to your first impression. Do you have another 500-800 dollar headphone to A/B test Elear with ?

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #24 of 6,742

what a horrible experience, I have bought from Newbs here on head-fi and have yet to experience this. 
mad.gif
I will try to keep my self composed. 

Needless to say I wont be able to provide any useful impresssions. 

DOA?

Yup, and scratched on one cup. No sound from the left cup either. 

Mistakes happen... We are human. I vented and now I am cool I will just wait to hear back. I am sure they will be nice about it. I was just really stoked and then by default became really upset because I actually left work early just to hear them.

They are heavier than I was expecting. I actually may find the LCD2.2's just as comfortable but the build looks really nice. I played one song from the right cup but don't feel right commenting on sound other than to say its not bright. 

Jun 25, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #25 of 6,742
  Yup, and scratched on one cup. No sound from the left cup either. 

Mistakes happen... We are human. I vented and now I am cool I will just wait to hear back. I am sure they will be nice about it. I was just really stoked and then by default became really upset because I actually left work early just to hear them.

They are heavier than I was expecting. I actually may find the LCD2.2's just as comfortable but the build looks really nice. I played one song from the right cup but don't feel right commenting on sound other than to say its not bright. 

can't wait for more impressions.. too bad it was broken on arrival. Im sure you will get a new one shortly.

Jun 28, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #27 of 6,742
Looks like I will have my pair July 8th or 9th. There was an issue with the first batch and they are all now being fixed. It seems that Focal is quite keen on providing good service as well as them being very adimate about putting out quality.

Im glad they are doong thier best to make things right. July 9th is right around the corner.

Jun 28, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #28 of 6,742
Looks like I will have my pair July 8th or 9th. There was an issue with the first batch and they are all now being fixed. It seems that Focal is quite keen on providing good service as well as them being very adimate about putting out quality.

Im glad they are doong thier best to make things right. July 9th is right around the corner.
Dam, that's too long for me.

Jun 28, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #29 of 6,742
Just an FYI. I am told, it was me who had the first defective ELEAR. I will say I have not seen anything like Focal's and The Source AV Dedign response. It is going way beyond any expectations I had. The problem was tracked down at the factory and while only a very small number have the issue, Focal is recalling all ELEARs and Utopias and replacing them to avoid any possible future problems. They are doing everything using the fastest possible shipping methods. That includes overnight air freight to the US. Clearing customs in LA will be the slowest point. When they finally make it to The Source AV Design, they will turn them around as fast as possible.

This to me is awesome customer.

So it is safe to say it will be a couple of weeks before reviews will resume.

Jun 28, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #30 of 6,742
Just an FYI. I am told, it was me who had the first defective ELEAR. I will say I have not seen anything like Focal's and The Source AV Dedign response. It is going way beyond any expectations I had. The problem was tracked down at the factory and while only a very small number have the issue, Focal is recalling all ELEARs and Utopias and replacing them to avoid any possible future problems. They are doing everything using the fastest possible shipping methods. That includes overnight air freight to the US. Clearing customs in LA will be the slowest point. When they finally make it to The Source AV Design, they will turn them around as fast as possible.

This to me is awesome customer. This is not just a few but for over 150 headphones.

So it is safe to say it will be a couple of weeks before reviews will resume.

It is a shame and greedy from Focal to ship out defective expensive HP from factory like this. It should be checked and QC accordingly before announcing the new products to customers for purchasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back