FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Apr 3, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #2,971 of 7,931
I'm wondering what you're not liking about the DX80... I picked one up while my FLC8S has been away on loan to a friend. So far I've really liked the DX80 with my Oppo PM-3, but I'm getting my FLC8S back soon, and you have me a bit concerned, lol. 

I had been using the X3II before I loaned the FLC8S away, and liked it fine. 

Would you mind elaborating, if you have a moment? Thanks!

Don't be concerned, it'll sound fine, maybe a little warm for me. I think DX80 is decent but I'd prefer a brighter tonality. This hobby really revolves around individual preferences, taking anyone's opinion as absolute is a big no no. :wink:

Apr 3, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #2,972 of 7,931

I'm wondering what you're not liking about the DX80... I picked one up while my FLC8S has been away on loan to a friend. So far I've really liked the DX80 with my Oppo PM-3, but I'm getting my FLC8S back soon, and you have me a bit concerned, lol. 

I had been using the X3II before I loaned the FLC8S away, and liked it fine. 

Would you mind elaborating, if you have a moment? Thanks!

Don't be concerned, it'll sound fine, maybe a little warm for me. I think DX80 is decent but I'd prefer a brighter tonality. This hobby really revolves around individual preferences, taking anyone's opinion as absolute is a big no no.
wink.gif

Well, the DX90 should then do exactly this job, shouldn't it? 
wink.gif

The ifi Audio micro iDSD is imho also very slightly on the brighter side of neutral.

Apr 3, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #2,973 of 7,931
Don't be concerned, it'll sound fine, maybe a little warm for me. I think DX80 is decent but I'd prefer a brighter tonality. This hobby really revolves around individual preferences, taking anyone's opinion as absolute is a big no no. :wink:

Thanks! I'm sure it will be fine, just interested in why you aren't satisfied with it for the FLC8s. The DX80 seems less warm to my ears than the X3ii, so I think I'll survive.

Apr 3, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #2,974 of 7,931
Don't be concerned, it'll sound fine, maybe a little warm for me. I think DX80 is decent but I'd prefer a brighter tonality. This hobby really revolves around individual preferences, taking anyone's opinion as absolute is a big no no.
wink.gif

I tend to agree. Tested the DX80 before, very effortless sound but too smooth for me coming from brighter DAPs.

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #2,976 of 7,931
See if you can get hold of a second hand HiSoundAudio Studio Anniversary 3.  Interface was basic - but it was on the bright to analytical side of things, and sounded phenomenal.  At times I wish I'd never sold mine.

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #2,977 of 7,931
  See if you can get hold of a second hand HiSoundAudio Studio Anniversary 3.  Interface was basic - but it was on the bright to analytical side of things, and sounded phenomenal.  At times I wish I'd never sold mine.

Thanks for the suggestion but ive looked around for that quite some time ago and i got negative results.

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #2,980 of 7,931
It's not bright - rather very, very neutral / flat.

Apr 4, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #2,981 of 7,931

The AGPTek C05 is slightly on the brighter side.

Cant find it anywhere after 2 hours of searching for sellers in my country but thanks for the suggestion anyways.

Apr 4, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #2,982 of 7,931

Well, the DX90 should then do exactly this job, shouldn't it? 
wink.gif

The ifi Audio micro iDSD is imho also very slightly on the brighter side of neutral.

DX90 should do it. Honestly, I haven't found a true sweet spot with FLC8, they're atm 'nice' though in fear of adding anything underwhelming to this thread I haven't been completely enchanted. I need to sit down and have a good hard filter roll.

Oh, and my Fidue A83 aren't here on purpose, I sent them away to a friend for a month.

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #2,983 of 7,931
The FLC8 with some careful tuning and playing around with the filters will get you to the sweet spot real soon! I do find the FLC8 to be compatible with AK100ii and iPod nano 7. Gotta say the FLC8 is among the top with a really coherent sound. Comparing to both Noble 6 and IE800 the FLC8 doesn't scream or scare away. It's really that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back