FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #2,986 of 7,931
I'm still burning mine in.  I'm currently driving them with a FiiO X5 Gen 2 and E12A combo but will soon replace that with the Questyle QP1R.  Then I can focus on finding that sweet spot! 
biggrin.gif

Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #2,987 of 7,931
  I'm still burning mine in.  I'm currently driving them with a FiiO X5 Gen 2 and E12A combo but will soon replace that with the Questyle QP1R.  Then I can focus on finding that sweet spot! 
biggrin.gif

Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

the qp1r is a massive upgrade over yr current setup
tongue.gif

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #2,990 of 7,931

haha the QP1R will make the X5 sounds mediocre but the con is the usability.

Yeah, I've heard.  I stuck with FiiO during all the original X5 and Gen 2 firmware updates.  I'm prepared to manage this one and have confidence the engineers at Questyle will continue to work on improving the UI and functionality.  If not, they would just be ruining an excellent opportunity to rise to the level of the other mainstream DAP manufacturers like A&K, FiiO, etc.
Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #2,991 of 7,931
  Yeah, I've heard.  I stuck with FiiO during all the original X5 and Gen 2 firmware updates.  I'm prepared to manage this one and have confidence the engineers at Questyle will continue to work on improving the UI and functionality.  If not, they would just be ruining an excellent opportunity to rise to the level of the other mainstream DAP manufacturers like A&K, FiiO, etc.
Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

agreed. the sq of qp1r is second to none. i would have gotten it too if not for the usability which is not suitable for me
Cheers
beerchug.gif

-audio123

Apr 4, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #2,992 of 7,931

Honestly, I haven't found a true sweet spot with FLC8, they're atm 'nice' though in fear of adding anything underwhelming to this thread I haven't been completely enchanted. I need to sit down and have a good hard filter roll.

H20, from other stuff you've said on other threads, I think you and I may have similar tastes/preferences... You might want to give a try to the the red/nothing/nothing combo on the FLC8. Before trying this, I did like the FLC8, but wasn't "enchanted". With it, I really like them a lot (and my previous preferred IEM was the A83). I'm currently coupling the FLC8 with the QP1R (which I don't think you have, though?). Really lovely combo (IMHO, YMMV, etc etc).

Apr 6, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #2,997 of 7,931
  That would be me.  Um, the output impedance of Opus SE doesn't exactly play well with the impedance of the FLC8S if going by rule of thumb.  In practice, manageable, but I hope to switch to Balanced cable soon and provide impressions then.

that's interesting haha

Apr 6, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #2,998 of 7,931
hi, I'm so close to ordering these but I have one question to people who own/ed the FLC8s and the Trinity Delta. The Deltas simply are too big for my ears, I can fit them in but after about 20 minutes it starts to hurt real bad. So is the part that actually goes into your ear canal smaller here or would I have trouble fitting the FLC8s in ?

Apr 6, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #2,999 of 7,931
hi, I'm so close to ordering these but I have one question to people who owne/d the FLC8s and the Trinity Delta. The Deltas simply are too big for my ears, I can fit them in but after about 20 minutes it starts to hurt real bad. So is the part that actually goes into your ear canal smaller here or would I have trouble fitting the FLC8s in ?

Delta's are very different then the FLC 8 ear piece but what you a describing to me is a tip problem unless you just can't stand anything with deep insertion? I'm not set up to post pictures of both right now but the Delta is still a very nice iem and you can search the reviews for validation of same. Have you tried all your tip sizes? We find out what size seals the best and still comfortable to you and we can suggest some more comfortable ones to try:smiley:

Apr 6, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #3,000 of 7,931
No it's sadly not an issue with the tips since I've tried them all out and can fit other IEMs (for example my Shure 215s) in with no problem at all. I don't know what exactly is the problem with my ears + the Deltas but it feels like their whole body/shape simply is too wide for my ears. For some reason it gets even worse when I switch from the standard filter to one of the other 2 that were included. So I'm just hoping that the FLC8s are easier to fit in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back