Flashlight-Fi (LED & Conventional)
Sep 12, 2007 at 8:19 AM Post #31 of 828
Fenix Model: P1D CE - my first entry into a slippery slope me thinks! I've just educated myself with WickedLasers too
smily_headphones1.gif
...95mw green laser!

Sep 13, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #32 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhjazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Josh! You might try SuperbrightLEDS.com instead of Digi-key. Guaranteed bright LEDS!

Hmmm...that place has 18,000 mcd white LEDs!

Sep 13, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #33 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm...that place has 18,000 mcd white LEDs!

icon10.gif

I think they are making sure they live up to the superbright name!

I bought an upgraded replacement LED for a small 2AA maglite. Actually, it was supposed to be for an old Brinkmann, but it had some other problems and will never work again. Alas, I had to buy a new 2AA Mag, but it now has a 1W LED and it is freaking bright. Wow. Daylight at night. It actually has about the same light output as my 2D Maglight with standard bulb.

I'll keep my eyes on the candlepower forums. Pretty interesting stuff. It seems to be mostly a collectors forum, which means my main focus will always be here at Head Fi - where I can DIY until I die!

Sep 13, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #34 of 828
Quote:

I bought an upgraded replacement LED for a small 2AA maglite.

I also upgraded my old halogen AA Maglite with a 3 bulb LED conversion kit. I got it at Wal-Mart for 5 bucks. Big difference in brightness.

I did not even realize there was such a kit to do such a thing until I found this thread. Thank goodness for Head-Fi!

Sep 13, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #35 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love it. It's exactly what it promises to be, Novatac's answer to making the best EDC light possible. Mine has some flickering on the low levels but other than that, it is THE light that goes with me everywhere for pocket carry.

The programmability of it is what I like about it the most. Having four programmable different levels makes it the do everything light.

Some people find that any flashlight that has a 36 page manual to be daunting, but in reality, it's not hard to figure out. After that, most owners are thrilled at the number of options to configure the light for their own personal usage pattern. I use mine with a Surefire F04 diffuser and I have the best of both worlds, a diffuse beam for up close use and decent throw without it mounted.

edc-pic.jpg

i will try and look it up on the net, but the diffuser attachment, is that an adjustable flood or spot type device?, i could really use one for my ledwave for forest walks with the dogs, but i guess its size and style specific, be great if someone made universal ones.

Sep 13, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #36 of 828
Here's a pic of my Surefire M2 that I currently own and also a pic of a Jetbeam MKII TAD Edition with a tactical impact crown that I sold.

DSC01717.jpg

DSC01774.jpg

DSC01776.jpg

DSC01777.jpg

Sep 23, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #37 of 828
I am thinking of getting a Fenix P1D or P2D flashlight.

I found this YouTube vid demo'ing the P1D...that thing is teeny-tiny & hella bright! The P2D is even brighter!

Sep 23, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #38 of 828
Where can one in the U.S. get a pair of those Fenix's?

They put my cheapo China tac lights to shame.

Sep 24, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #40 of 828
smily_headphones1.gif
I found it a few minutes after I posted. Now if I could find a place that sells it for cheaper...

Sep 26, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #41 of 828
Sep 26, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #42 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$45.59 shipped for both!

Nice find, Josh! I'm always a little nervous ordering from places like that. Let me know how the deal works out. I'd love to get a few more 'lights in my lineup. (I'm still eyeing the INova X03 at REI. Verrrry sexy light.)

Hey, when we have another Seattle Head-Fi meet we'll have to bring our lights and compare!

Sep 27, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #43 of 828
Quote:

Nice find, Josh! I'm always a little nervous ordering from places like that. Let me know how the deal works out. I'd love to get a few more 'lights in my lineup. (I'm still eyeing the INova X03 at REI. Verrrry sexy light.)

Hey, when we have another Seattle Head-Fi meet we'll have to bring our lights and compare!

Sure Sure! Hopefully by then I'll have a nice collection of CREE and Rebel LED FL's, or maybe I'll get a HID mod for my 4D Maglite!

Sep 30, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #45 of 828
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DealExtreme usually takes 2-3 weeks for item to be delivered from order...but the prices sure are cheap. It's like a toy store for me...
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah..I keep looking at FL's there thinking to myself "I want one of those, one of these...oh! one of these too" cause they are so cheep! And this is only browsing the CREE LED FL's! There's dozens of other cheep kool stuff to "want" too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back