FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
May 26, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #271 of 4,896
Quote:
Like I said in my initial impressions, these are some of the most transparent and linear IEMs I've experienced. These are not basshead IEMs. They are not colored or "fun," but rather extremely accurate in conveying a recording. You wont get a single bit of extra bass emphasis beyond what is there in a given track. That being said, tracks with a lot of bass are still rendered well, and I think the TG 334 handles most genres with ease.

Jumping in this thread, while recalling my short impression but yet very memorable of the bass response of TO GO!. I think it's clean accurate bass, the kind that studio engineer love and usable in a mastering/critical listening setup. 

Anything more than that, I would associate with bass coloration or excitement not intended from the production. 

Jun 6, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #274 of 4,896
From my understanding ALO Audio will be carrying them soon.

Jun 6, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #276 of 4,896
I have received quotes for the TG334s and ES5's. I am torn between these and Westone ES5's. (JH13's also not out of the question either)

Mainly due to the fact that the ES5s are customs and 334's are universals? Even if sonically the 334's are better (?) I think I am over universals for good. 

I really like my SE535Ltds and would like to have the same/similar sound signature. I found the Ultrasone Edition 8's a little too dark for my liking, it was OK but the SRH940's were more my flavour. Forward vocals, extremely detailed?

Anyone have any thoughts? Anyone own both? Please guide me! Help me pull the trigger!

Jun 6, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #278 of 4,896
I have received quotes for the TG334s and ES5's. I am torn between these and Westone ES5's. (JH13's also not out of the question either)

Mainly due to the fact that the ES5s are customs and 334's are universals? Even if sonically the 334's are better (?) I think I am over universals for good. 

I really like my SE535Ltds and would like to have the same/similar sound signature. I found the Ultrasone Edition 8's a little too dark for my liking, it was OK but the SRH940's were more my flavour. Forward vocals, extremely detailed?

Anyone have any thoughts? Anyone own both? Please guide me! Help me pull the trigger!

Sorry I don't have the ES5 nor the JH13, but I have the TG!334 & Ed8s now, and used to own the SE530s (not too different from the SE535 but basically share the similar signature??).

To me the TG!334's are quite neutral & transparent. IMHO, to assume that customs are "better" than universals is unwise. I also own Unique Melody Merlin's & SE530x8 customs & I prefer the TG!334 universals over both of those customs for majority of the genre of music I listen to. I actually get a very good seal with the TG!334s too.

It's interesting that you find the Ed8 dark as personally. I find it somewhat more V-shaped & the highs can be bright depending on the amp used. In fact to me the highs of the Ed8 are harsher than the SRH940 but by no means I'd personally consider the Ed8s dark.

I found my SE530PTH somewhat mid-humped & when I tried the SE535Ltds, that basic signature was still there.

So I guess if you're able to imagine my interpretation of some of the common IEMs & headphones we've both heard, maybe you can extrapolate what I mean by the TG!334's being neutral/transparent.

Jun 6, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #279 of 4,896
ALO? Really?

Weird. They've never carried any imports before.

ALO's booth was next to FitEar (sort of...ALO's distributor was in between). So ALO got a pair of TG!334's from them. I didn't realize ALO's ditributorship was public :).

Along similar lines, the TG!334's may officially make their way to Indonesia too :wink:!!

Jun 6, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #280 of 4,896
Thanks for the reply AnakChan!

I didn't really mean the Ed8's where dark overall, but to me the voices were ever so slightly flatter than the Shures are, although I am certain Shures are very forward in voice. I have only ever tested headphones using my HP-P1 as a reference, as I don't feel its practical (especially for my wallet!) to demo headphones on different amp/dac setups.

I really did like the Ed8's a lot and it is not out of the question as a future purchase. Perhaps it is my own ears that need burning in!

I am not so worried about seal as the Shures seal very very well and I am certain I can make any universal seal well in my largish ears, but I am getting tired of foam/rubber tips pushing against the insides of my ear. I am liking the idea of the molded vinyl tips on the ES5's and after having tried out fitear C435 demo custom I am liking the idea of pop in pop out as opposed to squeeze foam, insert, expand etc.

In the end I suppose the SQ is the biggest drawcard. So how does the TG334s compare to JH13/ES5 in terms of resolution / clarity / detail? (I mean micro details like intake of breath, licking of lips etc etc) Or are they all the same and there's not much between them only sound signature difference.

Jun 7, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #281 of 4,896
Quote:
  Shoot Jude a pm, he has both.

I think Jude just has the custom MH334 and not the TO GO 334; they're supposed to sound identical, but are actually different because of the different tubing setup. He'd probably still be able to answer the question since they should be similar enough, but perhaps not specifically toward answering: ES5 vs. TO GO 334.

Jun 21, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #282 of 4,896
I just got these earlier today.  It seems like the titanium tube is only used for one driver (bass?) whereas the other 3 are ported through openings above and below said tube. 

I love the cable.

Jun 21, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #284 of 4,896
I had the chance to chat with Mr. Suyama about all his design desires for these earphones. The really really thought through the entire process, and utilised their knowledge from the dental industry to employ very precise tools. The titanium tube looks to be hand-bored, but the outer acrylic layers are the surprising bits. Each of these is hand made, not printed, but the output is within such tight tolerances that it looks as if it is printed. In some ways, I'll have to admit that I prefer the sound of the universal to the custom, possibly due to cleaner echoes in the titanium tube. I sort of wish now that Suyama would utilise this material to line the tubes of his customs. Who knows, he may. 

My Private 333's cable is also much different to the new cable which has soft memory wire, and is thicker overall. It is heavier and probably stronger, but for some reason (perhaps my glasses), I find the older cable easier to use.

Nothing really compares to the overall coherence of the signal, though. And, that is what I suppose matters.

Jun 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #285 of 4,896
Quote:
I had the chance to chat with Mr. Suyama about all his design desires for these earphones. The really really thought through the entire process, and utilised their knowledge from the dental industry to employ very precise tools. The titanium tube looks to be hand-bored, but the outer acrylic layers are the surprising bits. Each of these is hand made, not printed, but the output is within such tight tolerances that it looks as if it is printed. In some ways, I'll have to admit that I prefer the sound of the universal to the custom, possibly due to cleaner echoes in the titanium tube. I sort of wish now that Suyama would utilise this material to line the tubes of his customs. Who knows, he may. 

My Private 333's cable is also much different to the new cable which has soft memory wire, and is thicker overall. It is heavier and probably stronger, but for some reason (perhaps my glasses), I find the older cable easier to use.

Nothing really compares to the overall coherence of the signal, though. And, that is what I suppose matters.

Yup --- that's why I've been so impressed with them. If they ever come out with a TO GO! 333 version, I'm first in line!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back