Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Aug 20, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #166 of 2,161
Cecala I've only tried 2 more aftermarket cables apart the effect from pearl and the white angel from sunricky, one was a copper cable called 6occ which was a bit expensive around 70£, this was good but as i said a bit expensive and the other was around 35£ and performed really good close to the 6occ but i don't remember it's name and it's not for sale now on ebay.

The cheap cable from sunricky was the white angel which is better than the stock it adds more clarity and bass but it make the fa highs sound harsh and sibilant while the sm3v2 sounded better with this. In my opinion the stock cable is more durable than those except the effect studio pearl which feels very sturdy

Aug 20, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #167 of 2,161

LOL I didn't really understand it... Help please?

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #169 of 2,161
The three posts below were posted 8 days ago:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Is this real? People talking in this thread apart cecala and me? xD

There are a lot more people interested in this gem than you think! 
wink_face.gif

Comparisons with other IEMs will certainly attract more attention to the fa 4e xb so keep 'em coming!

Not according to Head-Fi stats: 52 posts (including yours—and now 53) and only 1556 views in just over two months. Perhaps Mr Kurdt-bada is quite happy keeping this thread in relative obscurity?

My suggestion for Mr Kurdt-bada, if he wants to have more people interested in this thread, is, for one thing, to change the thread title to something more or less like this: "Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany" (using capital letters is usually not a bad idea in these instances)

This is post #169 and we now have 4391 views.

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #171 of 2,161
Quote:

The graphs themselves and the "suckout" thing were/are not the problem, but how that information has been used—the attitude, that is. Mind you, while I have been quite vocal at times about such attitude, too, I wasn't quite referring to that aspect in particular in my previous post. But, you're right, that, too, can be quite detrimental.

I intentionally left out the subject of shills, or people who effectively act as shills—the latter being those with very cosy relationships to certain manufacturers, people who get freebies or very generous discounts. If only more people knew how some of the people, many unsuspecting head-fiers regard quite highly, actually have not just a clear bias but something a little more serious than that. But, this is not the place to discuss this or some of these people's antics and agendas.

True story. I'm really surprised some of them being highly-regarded here do these kinds of stuff. I was following the wrong carrots being led to believe so, not only on the forum but through PMs, until I got to demo the stuff myself and thought there was something wrong with my ears! Until I dug really deep and was proven it's not what it was made out to be

Aug 20, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #172 of 2,161
To me the fischer fa 4e are what the shure 530, 535, um3x, ex1000 and sm3v2 aren't, i find them sensational that's why i created this thread, nobody knew them around here and their value is incredible considering how they sound, their build quality-fit-isolation-comfort and the 3 years of warranty, people are spending the same money in things like the 535 or the sm3 to me it isn't fair.

my english is far from perfect, my experience with iems is limited as you can see but on the other side i've spent long periods of time with every of these iems including the fischers, i'm talking about hundred of hours with each one for example i've spent with the ex1000 almost a year 6-8 hours per day and people still asking me if im sure if the fa 4e are better than the ex1000... I dont buy iems only for pleasure or hobby i need them i need isolation sometimes, im not rich and iems are expensive... i watch movies and tv with them, i listen to music, i play videogames, i try different sources, i listen to a wide and eclectic kind of music, i try different tips, different cables, i got two different pairs of custom tips... i don't buy iems because of the hype i need them as i said and finally i found what i was looking over these years with the fa 4e that's why I'm so enthusiastic, considering their sound signature fit your taste this is not a neutral iem for sure.

so yes i'm not a profesionaland my technical knowless about iems are poor but hey my opinion could be a bit valid after all!

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #173 of 2,161
Get the sense my posts in the SE535 thread also apply here?:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/497285/shure-se535-reviews-and-first-impressions-thread/2730#post_9723432
http://www.head-fi.org/t/497285/shure-se535-reviews-and-first-impressions-thread/2745#post_9724535

Are you driving the FA-4 E XB with the kit in your profile?

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #174 of 2,161
I use them basically with a lg optimus 2x a good lod and my ibasso d4 with the top kit.

but i'm also using them with an iphone 5, straight out the lg otimus 2x, a sanza fuze and a nexus 7. the best sound is with the ibasso but i'd say the sound with the others is very good they are easy to drive in my opinion. Don't think any of my iems sounded better straight out my iphone than amped, including the 535

Aug 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #175 of 2,161
That's not what my posts meant. It is to say straight out of a smart phone only, the consumer market preference is for a warm bass-bias sound. Accordingly on first impressions the SE535 loses out vs the competition who bring precisely that warm bass-bias sound to the table.

Of course anything sounds better when external dac+amped, including the SE535

Aug 20, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #176 of 2,161
Agree, the 535 lack bass it's kind of anemic in that deparment to me. but can be improved with an amp so i guess straight a smart phone don't bring that bass-bias sound you were talking about.

On the other hand the fa 4e can bring straight out a smart phone enough bass to suit genres like indie rock great

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #177 of 2,161
When our ever so charming sparrow got his brand new pair of SE535s 3 years ago, he put them up for sale the very next day — he preferred his UM3X (and later found the W4s better sounding than the UM3Xs). Our same cheerful sparrow, also 3 years ago, thought the SM3 was a pretty awful IEM.

So, those who love / like / appreciate the SM3s or SE535s should take music_4321's views with a little more than a pinch of salt, or better still, just completely ignore his posts.

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #178 of 2,161
I also prefer the um3x over the others and the sm3 over the 535.

i don't think the sm3 are that bad apart from build quality issues, in fact i really like them the first months of use... finally i found the sound a bit dark. the 3d surrounding presentation i guess is not for everyone

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #179 of 2,161
Well, in your case, then, I suggest you take my posts just with a pinch of salt and only half ignore them.  :wink:

You may not believe this, but I would easily take the new-ish £24.99 Apple Earpods over the SM3s any day. (Have had the Earpods for 10 months; they sound very good and have excellent build quality—the only phone, in fact, I allow myself to abuse and they still look as good as new... and they even have a remote and mic! Yes, I purchased my own pair)

Aug 20, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #180 of 2,161
Really? What did you find so horrible on the sm3? I guess presentation is a bit weird.

earpods isolate? I bought the mh1c and im quite happy with them but to me they aren't close to the sm3

I agree build quality of the sm3 is the worst i've seen on iems

Filter mod make them much better though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back