Fischer Amps: FA-4 E XB - Rhapsody series (3/4/5 drivers upcoming)
Aug 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #136 of 2,161
I'll buy it someday! Yes i've tried 2 aftermarket cables with the fa one was a cheap one by sunricky which improve the clarity and bass but made the highs sound harsh liked with the sm3 but didn't with the fa. The fa seems to be more sensitive than any of my other phones and is more affected by sonic changes specially in the treble

The other was the pearl from effect studio i've read very good reviews of this cable but didn't like it, it's very good if you like mids, bass dynamics and soundstage. It's also more detailed than the stock and provide an impressive bass slam but to me it kill the highs a lot, and as i said somewhere fa highs are very good to be tamed

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #137 of 2,161
Hi music The sound you are describing is like the sound of the comply large tips to me. burtonchell, my friend ghetto and me have tried many kinds of tips we are more or less sure that the M size of comply tips provide the best sound, they tame the bass but the sound is brighter and detailed than the silicones and still provide a good quantity of punch to me it's much detailed. i guess something could sound different or the same depending which one try everything is a bit subjective after all

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #138 of 2,161
The ones you suggested: medium.

EDIT: REMEMBER, with silicone tips people may report more changes in SQ than with complys. Some people cannot stand silicone tips while others, like me, normally find them absolutely perfect in comfort, seal & SQ. Comply tips adapt more easily to people's different ear canal shapes.

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #139 of 2,161
, music4321 where are you from? I've read you are european

Considering your great iem collection don't you ever think about get some custom tips from Acs or other company? Mine fit the ex1000 the fa or other iems with the same nozzle and to me make them much better in every regard, specially sound being of silicone they are very comfortable though

Aug 18, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #140 of 2,161
Never been interested in getting custom tips. Believe me, I really get excellent SQ, comfort and seal with silicone tips — I'm very fortunate in the sense that my ears seem to be pretty average. And no, you won't ever convince me to try custom tips.  :wink:

Aug 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #144 of 2,161
Quote:
@music_4321, could you give a brief comparison between the treble of the FA-4 and Parterre (extension, brightness, tonality and refinement)?

The Parterre & K3003 trebles are the best I've heard, period. If you ask me to pick one, I honestly don't know, though I think I might still prefer the K3003's treble, but only by a hair, and a very thin one at that! TBH, I'd need to do some very serious A/B'ing between both phones to tell you which has, IMO, better, more convincing treble. Yes, that's how good the Parterre's treble is, to these ears — it's simply stunningly good.

Now, the FA-4's treble is no slouch. Still would have to compare both phones side-by-side, or do so properly (already done about 10 mins' A/B'ing), but from what I've been hearing in the last couple of days, the Parterre's treble is more refined & smooth yet well extended. Tonality would have to definitely go to the Parterres, too. The Parterre's treble is almost surgically clean and precise. The FA-4's treble sounds a little grainy in comparison, BUT remember, the Parterre is up there with the K3003 for me—the K3003 being my favourite phone—, so the FA-4's treble sounding a little grainy is almost to be expected. You and other people are asking me to compare a $500 phone to others worth twice (or more) and that's cool and very valid, specially after so much misinformation, exaggeration  and soooo much BS seen on these boards.

Bottom line: I don't think I've heard a $500 phone that comes close to the FA-4 — the EX1000 is not that far, but still falls a bit short at times in several respects. The FA-4 will not be an Etymotic lovers' phone, that's for sure, and it's not intended to be one. This is a $500 phone that can have a chat, a beer even, with the likes of the K3003, Parterre, TG334, FI-BA-SS & IE800 and not feel intimidated. Fishcer Amps have come up with an excellent product, and for 385€—labour costs being as high as they are in Germany—and the possibility for those outside the EU to get an even better price…

*I know, I know, you were only asking about the treble!*

Quote:
Which is the driver-crossover configuration of the parterre?

All that is known about the Parterres is that it's multi-BA IEM. People don't even know whether it's got 2 or 3 drivers.

Aug 18, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #147 of 2,161
Nope the t500, t400 can fit but the nozzle is bigger , two pin connector yes. Mrhizzo said he really liked the sound with female vocals anyway is the one of us who dislike a bit this iems he's still testing them.

Aug 19, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #148 of 2,161
Only asking as if I do end up buying these then already have a few packs of T400's for the 4.ai :p

The T400 is also a tighter fit on 4.ai versus T500 but it works out because Heir nozzles do not have "ridge" or are minutely too small so tips can slide off

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #149 of 2,161
Quote:

.......................are asking me to compare a $500 phone to others worth twice (or more) and that's cool and very valid, specially after so much misinformation, exaggeration  and soooo much BS seen on these boards.

Bottom line: I don't think I've heard a $500 phone that comes close to the FA-4 — the EX1000 is not that far, but still falls a bit short at times in several respects. The FA-4 will not be an Etymotic lovers' phone, that's for sure, and it's not intended to be one. This is a $500 phone that can have a chat, a beer even, with the likes of the K3003, Parterre, TG334, FI-BA-SS & IE800 and not feel intimidated. Fishcer Amps have come up with an excellent product, and for 385€—labour costs being as high as they are in Germany—and the possibility for those outside the EU to get an even better price…................

This should be posted on Fischer Amps website.
I do believe what you have written on another thread regarding exaggeration and self belief providing price justification and so on vis-a vis peoples opinion.
I myself know and believe that after 5 or 6 hundred dollars that the law of diminishing returns hits really hard and have no intention of ever spending say $1000+ on a phone(short of wining Tatts).
It's good to see that someone(Fischer) has provided us with an excellent product for a totally reasonable amount.
Now, if only Cowon or Sony would replace their high end discontinued players I would purchase these Fa 4s to make a pair.

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #150 of 2,161
Yes the t400 fit the fa but the t500 fit better

We will have another review today or tomorrow of the fa 4e another guy from the spanish forum will spend some days with the fa4e of my friend ghetto I'll post his impressions this guy owns the w4 and have owned the pfe232 among others

Cecala i was right after all! While i didn't listen to the parterre , akg 3003, ag2, ie800... I feel the fa 4e are more or less in the same league let's wait to Carlsan opinion but for music 4321 the fa are better than the ex1000 but to me and my spanish friend the fa 4e are vastly superior to the ex1000, i guess there is an important subjective component cause i've read somwhere the ex1000 are as good or better than the ie800...this soundsignature fit my favourite music genres almost perfect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back