"First Look" at the NEW revised Beats by Dr Dre BeatsPro headphones unboxing video & impressions to come.
Jul 17, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #46 of 113
Thanks for the product update
rolleyes.gif

Jul 17, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #47 of 113
Quote:

Well c'mon, the third one is obviously going to be the HDJ-2000 right?  I mean, if people are looking at the look of the Beats Pro (and you know it's looks are part of it's appeal), they're also going to be considering the HDJ-2000.  And since you already have the HDJ-2000, you won't have to wait for another model to come in.  BTW, did I mention HDJ-2000?

I think most of the people who are looking at buying the beats will not be looking at any other headphones except for the beats.

Jul 17, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #48 of 113
I think most of the people who are looking at buying the beats will not be looking at any other headphones except for the beats.

I'll be honest, I've thought about buying them - the quick'n'dirty summaries I've read indicate a bass-heavy closed-can with decent mids and smooth highs. Now whenever I've tried them at demo, they seem a bit congested, so I haven't ever taken a pair home, but I'm still curious. :xf_eek:

Jul 17, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #49 of 113
Another wrong perception about the sound quality of BeatsPro was resulted from the fake BeatsPro which you can get it so easily from China online sellers. Those fake BeatsPro sounds very bad comparing to genuine one.

Jul 17, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #50 of 113
Another wrong perception about the sound quality of BeatsPro was resulted from the fake BeatsPro which you can get it so easily from China online sellers. Those fake BeatsPro sounds very bad comparing to genuine one.

That's actually a good point for all headphones that are commonly counterfeit - like the V900, ESW9, etc; someone gets a fake and is unimpressed and that kills the legitimate versions' credibility.

Again, not trying to defend anything here - just +1 on a good point.

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #51 of 113
I'm not sure if I am going crazy or it's the headphones.  The Left side is slightly louder than the Right, but if I switch the cable to connect on the Right side it's fixed.  The problem only happens when the cable is connected to the Left side.  I've tried different sources and amps.  This is my second pair with the same issue.  I am getting a third unit, BUT this time it's the Monster version (old version) to see if it has the same issue.  Stay tuned!

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #53 of 113
Quote:

Perhaps not, but in my mind they should - and since I determine my reality...
wink.gif

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #54 of 113
I"m glad Beats are a successful brand cause the parent company just purchased my favorite music streaming service - MOG. It's already been a great service, but now that it has corporate backing that should ensure long term viability. 

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #55 of 113
Quote:
I'm not sure if I am going crazy or it's the headphones.  The Left side is slightly louder than the Right, but if I switch the cable to connect on the Right side it's fixed.  The problem only happens when the cable is connected to the Left side.  I've tried different sources and amps.  This is my second pair with the same issue.  I am getting a third unit, BUT this time it's the Monster version (old version) to see if it has the same issue.  Stay tuned!

LOL, that's hilarious!  Sounds like the ***** wiring in the left side is causing the cans to be out of phase.  I kinda doubt it's you, or else you'd have noticed the same phenomena in other cans as well.  "Pro" my ass!

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #57 of 113
Quote:
A thread about unboxing Beats has 1000+ views?  What?!!!!!

Seems legit. The appearance and packaging of Beats are the highest quality aspects of the whole product. :D

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #59 of 113
Quote:
A thread about unboxing Beats has 1000+ views?  What?!!!!!

Sad but true.  Actually, in this case, there's a twist.  Instead of just some schmo unboxing Beats, its an "audiophile" unboxing Beats.  As you can imagine, that get people on both sides of the aisle somewhat interested. 

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #60 of 113
Quote:
The appearance and packaging are the least important aspects of a headphone. 

It was a funny little joke. I think everyone here at head-fi knows whats important in a headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back