"First Look" at the NEW revised Beats by Dr Dre BeatsPro headphones unboxing video & impressions to come.
Jul 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 113

HiFiGuy528

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio
What's new is that this one comes with TWO cables.  One new Apple Mic/Remote cable and one studio cable.  No more Monster branding on the packaging and headphones.  Take a look.  

Jul 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #2 of 113
The highs on these are much much brighter than the MIXR.  Can be a bit harsh at high volume levels.  Bass is punchier than on the MIXR.  Sounds more snappy too.  Comfort is very good.  More to come and a full video review.

Jul 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #3 of 113
Quote:
The highs on these are much much brighter than the MIXR.  Can be a bit harsh at high volume levels.  Bass is punchier than on the MIXR.  Sounds more snappy too.  Comfort is very good.  More to come and a full video review.

I guess in term of sound quality, it should be similar to the "Old Monster BeatsPro".
Any chance for you to compare this "New BeatsPro" with ATH-M50S & ATH-Pro700MK2 solely on sound performance?

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #4 of 113
I guess in term of sound quality, it should be similar to the "Old Monster BeatsPro".

Any chance for you to compare this "New BeatsPro" with ATH-M50S & ATH-Pro700MK2 solely on sound performance?

The upcoming review will include BeatsPro vs. Audio Technica Pro700 anniversary edition and one other I have no decided yet.

Jul 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #8 of 113
Quote:
maybe it depends on the model. I've heard the pros are quite good. but the solos would probably still be pretty bad for $80

Yes...and he's reviewing the Pro model...

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #10 of 113
Quote:
The Pro sounds very good paired with my Apogee Duet 2.  The sound is dynamic and punchy.  

That's in comparison to the PRO700MK2 and other $200-ish cans, correct? So it's still no value king?

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #11 of 113
Quote:
That's in comparison to the PRO700MK2 and other $200-ish cans, correct? So it's still no value king?

I have the Pro700 Anniversary, not the original so I don't know if the original sounds the same.  The BeatsPro is not as well balanced tonal quality than the Pro700 Ann.  The BeatsPro is not bad sounding.  Rock, Rap, and Metal sounds great on the BeatsPro.  Also, it's not easy to drive.  The better the amp, the more punch it has.  On lessor amps, the highs are just flat-out hash.  It's not a value KING, but it's not as bad as people are saying.  With the right amp like my Musical Fidelity M1 HPA, it sounds pretty good with those genres.

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #12 of 113
Quote:
The upcoming review will include BeatsPro vs. Audio Technica Pro700 anniversary edition and one other I have no decided yet.

Well c'mon, the third one is obviously going to be the HDJ-2000 right?  I mean, if people are looking at the look of the Beats Pro (and you know it's looks are part of it's appeal), they're also going to be considering the HDJ-2000.  And since you already have the HDJ-2000, you won't have to wait for another model to come in.  BTW, did I mention HDJ-2000?

Jul 16, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #14 of 113
Quote:
I was gonna do the MIXR against the HDJ-2000 since they are both Dj headphones.

ookaayy, but look at this:

Tell me that's not a cool comparison to make! 
wink.gif

Put the Mixrs up against the HDJ-500 or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back