Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 11, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #49 of 11,668
It depends on which product, really. The M1350 style had some very good vocals, but bass and high treble were too recessed, even with EQ. That was a pretty poor overall product, though much easier to use than the 1601 series. That 1601, heavy and hard to use as it is, has magic, that if you can coax out, is worth it for those who have no qualms about the price. Very special earphone, but it needs something like a Graham Slee Voyager. 

Later earphones, they seem to have cheaped out a bit, going for mass market (fine, but strange when hitherto, they only went for upper market). There are lots of interesting designs they make, some extraordinary.

Jul 11, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #50 of 11,668
I received both the Adagio V and Heaven IV today and made unboxing videos of both if anyone is interested.

Here is the Heaven IV one, you get to see the case in all its beauty until it finger prints :wink:

Here is the Adagio V one and the case is equally impressive with a separate pouch for each channel :D

I have also had a quick listen to both and rather impressed by both actually, i have found them to be unique and the heaven IV sounded really great IMO.

Jul 12, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #53 of 11,668
^^you got to listen to RE-0 then. That's what comes to my mind when I see words details and accuracy in budget segment.

Jul 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #54 of 11,668
Quote:
It depends on which product, really. The M1350 style had some very good vocals, but bass and high treble were too recessed, even with EQ. That was a pretty poor overall product, though much easier to use than the 1601 series. That 1601, heavy and hard to use as it is, has magic, that if you can coax out, is worth it for those who have no qualms about the price. Very special earphone, but it needs something like a Graham Slee Voyager. 

Later earphones, they seem to have cheaped out a bit, going for mass market (fine, but strange when hitherto, they only went for upper market). There are lots of interesting designs they make, some extraordinary.

I felt the 1350 M1 and M2 were very unique, and certainly in keeping with FAD's sound philosophy with regard to dynamic earphones, ie. tuning them to approximate the sound of vintage horn speakers. It's the same motivation behind the 1601 and 1602 series, though done on a smaller scale and more price-friendly budget. I'm sad to see both the 1350 and 1601 series out of production now.

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #55 of 11,668
The 1350 was definitely one of the most unique sounding products FAD came out with; it was flawed, like just about every FAD product in some way, shape, or form, but its specifically-designed star tips were simply a great method of allowing the mids to coalesce while diffusing the bass and highs. I tried using conventional tips on it and it sounded horrible. The 1350 is a product unlike any other. I'm not really one to buy FAD's ultra-colored products as I'm ultimately a utilitarian in-ear listener, but they sure are fun to experience.

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #56 of 11,668
Quote:
  ^^I found Adagio V to be rather dull sounding.

Quote:
  Adagio V has great details, balance, accuracy.

Quote:
  ^^you got to listen to RE-0 then. That's what comes to my mind when I see words details and accuracy in budget segment.

The Adagio V is probably FAD's most 'subdued' IEM, it isn't into histrionics the way the other FAD products are, and that's why it's perhaps the most neutral of the entire FAD line. The RE0 is definitely the more accurate-sounding earphone, but IMHO it isn't any more exciting than the Adagio V. The Adagio V perhaps has a little more sparkle up top, with more warmth at the lower end of the midrange --- it's FAD's MO for tuning their midrange.

Jul 13, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #57 of 11,668
Quote:

For budget segment wise, i'm not sure on the overall as marginal scale of pricing always affects the final result.

Do agree Adagio V has better extension on treble & sparkling effect on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back