Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 14, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #31 of 11,647
It is great to have another fan club of Final Audio Design at Head-fi. In Japan, FAD is categorized as their 'main stream brands', while internationally they are building up reputation. I have some FAD collection with me and I do admit they surprises me. :)

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #32 of 11,647
Okay, so my Adagio III's burned in all night so i must have roughly 12 hours on them now and well i am quite impressed both as earphones and especially for there asking price. There is a slight bass emphasis but nothing huge but maybe that is just from a/bing them with Hippo VBs :p However the bass can sometime just come out of no where and literally shake your head and then go back to its more controlled format. Sub-bass is always there and whenever the music rumbles so do these. The mids are very airy and pleasant and not covered at all by the bass which is nice. The treble is actually quite sparkly so far but is in the harsher side of things at the moment. The whole signature seems to be so airy though and if you cover the port the sound muffles a tad. 

The biggest problem personally is the treble which can get a bit to overwhelming at times and in a harsh way.

Although more expensive they are out performing the Hippos and the TDK BA100s which i am currently using quite handily.

These are brief impressions and subject to change. 

Jun 21, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #39 of 11,647
Back when the only reliable cars were German and Japanese, you bought an English car for the status as a pioneer dandy. FAD remind me very much of English cars of the 70's, 80's, and who knows when else. There is lots to offer, but so many strange moments that make you go: 'eh?' that balance the experience. 

The 22g per side 1601 is one of them. With the proper equalising amp, and if you don't tilt your head (or breathe), they are incredible. Otherwise, love was needed.

Jun 21, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #40 of 11,647
Quote:
Back when the only reliable cars were German and Japanese, you bought an English car for the status as a pioneer dandy. FAD remind me very much of English cars of the 70's, 80's, and who knows when else. There is lots to offer, but so many strange moments that make you go: 'eh?' that balance the experience. 

The 22g per side 1601 is one of them. With the proper equalising amp, and if you don't tilt your head (or breathe), they are incredible. Otherwise, love was needed.

I consider myself quite the pioneer dandy lol.

It was actually your impressions of the 1601 that first brought FAD to my attention a while back. I've since caught "the bug" and am probably one of the biggest FAD junkies on this forum. We all have different priorities in this hobby, and their products just happen to align with much of my personal philosophy about head-fi.

Jun 27, 2012 at 6:29 AM Post #44 of 11,647
Quote:

haha agree, the way they design their earphone is pretty extraordinary, which getting more and more "logic sense" into it, model such as adagio and heaven series are more standard kind of looking. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back