Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 15, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #256 of 11,665
Quote:
That kind of seems like a blow-off answer from Musica Acoustics, as I'm pretty sure Dimitri can get just about any FAD IEM.

The only explanation I can think of is that Jaben has some kind of exclusivity deal or something. I got my Adagio III from Jaben Australia.

As for PriceJapan, no, they aren't ideal in terms of price, but they're reliable and convenient. You could try looking for the Adagio on Amazon.jp, but then you'd need a deputy service to forward it as they don't ship outside of Japan, and the price in that case would probably come out to be fairly similar to PriceJapan and Jaben Malaysia.

Only other suggestion I can think of is international sellers on Ebay.

Otherwise I would send FAD an e-mail and ask if they could point you in the direction of a reseller for where you live. If there is no reseller locally, they might sell to you directly.

I emailed FAD as well a couple of days back. They said they dont have any resellers in my country (India).  But they are ready to sell it to me directly. The price they quoted is way too high.

FAD Adagio III 5,980yen + 8,500yen shipping (Thru Fedex) = 14,480 Yen (i.e USD 184) + 45% customs = USD 266 Total Price
frown.gif

Whereas with accessoryjack its USD 74 + USD 10 shipping regular = USD 84 + No Customs = Low cost (Even if customs is charged its will come to USD 122, which is still less then half of what i have to pay if i order from FAD Japan itself.)
biggrin.gif

Quote:

The lowest price on Amazon.jp (Japan) is $68.50, so I think $74.00 is a pretty good price.

As MuppetFace suggested earlier, email AccessoryJack (they're based in Hong Kong) as they don't always update their site, though I somehow suspect they may well have this particular model. ALSO, make it very clear it is the Adagio III (not II) that you want -- they may send a quick reply saying they do have them in stock, only to later tell you they thought it was the Adagio II you wanted.

Thanks for looking up amazon.jp

I will also look for Shure SE215, incase if cannot get the Adagio III.

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #257 of 11,665
Quote:

Whereas with accessoryjack its USD 74 + USD 10 shipping regular = USD 84 + No Customs = Low cost (Even if customs is charged its will come to USD 122, which is still less then half of what i have to pay if i order from FAD Japan itself.)
biggrin.gif

Opt for the shipping option with tracking. Otherwise there is every chance of losing your package after arrival in India. I prefer EMS Speedpost.

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #259 of 11,665
Quote:
That kind of seems like a blow-off answer from Musica Acoustics, as I'm pretty sure Dimitri can get just about any FAD IEM.

The only explanation I can think of is that Jaben has some kind of exclusivity deal or something. I got my Adagio III from Jaben Australia.

As for PriceJapan, no, they aren't ideal in terms of price, but they're reliable and convenient. You could try looking for the Adagio on Amazon.jp, but then you'd need a deputy service to forward it as they don't ship outside of Japan, and the price in that case would probably come out to be fairly similar to PriceJapan and Jaben Malaysia.

Only other suggestion I can think of is international sellers on Ebay.

Otherwise I would send FAD an e-mail and ask if they could point you in the direction of a reseller for where you live. If there is no reseller locally, they might sell to you directly.

I found one more good site from hong kong with international shipping. http://www.gimmedigi.com/. I think it will be a genuine company as its a joint venture of HP & Hutchison.

EDIT: Looks like lot of bad reviews for the site for non-delivery.

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #260 of 11,665
Taken from Hong Kong AV show, they do listed in the glass cabinet, i do have a chance to take a photo snap and tried it.
Awesome sound, very similar to Heaven VI while even more clearer and musical, didnt have a long serious audition, only can get a fast first impression.

the pricing should be around  USD 500 - USD 750 (unofficial)

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #261 of 11,665
Quote:
Taken from Hong Kong AV show, they do listed in the glass cabinet, i do have a chance to take a photo snap and tried it.
Awesome sound, very similar to Heaven VI while even more clearer and musical, didnt have a long serious audition, only can get a fast first impression.

the pricing should be around  USD 500 - USD 750 (unofficial)

Nice pictures! Wait, you mean, the Heaven VI is very similar to the Heaven IV, right? Seems like it might be the spiritual successor to the Heaven S(B) then...

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #263 of 11,665
it should be more expensive then Heaven S, but i wouldn't conclude in the final yet.
It is still mid centric earphone, the speed and brightness are lose out compare with Heaven S.
Consider it as an upgrade from Heaven IV, with more clear, musical and hi-fi feeling induced. 

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #264 of 11,665
Yesterday I was having a fine day with the PF IX listening to a wide variety of music. Then I moved to the 2005 remaster of Rush's Moving Pictures and I just was not feeling it, a new candidate for least appropriate album on this headphone. However I also (oddly) have a vinyl rip of the same album so I switched to that. It was simply a 100% difference. Thin and disjointed turned to rich and woven, a warm blanket of sound. Quite remarkable.

Still searching for the worst music for the PFIX. Currently exploring my old ELP albums while reading this fascinating article on the Prog Spring. (Tag line: Before it was a joke, prog was the future of rock 'n' roll.) They don't sound bad but I doubt that the FAD engineers were thinking of The Barbarian when they designed these headphones.

Aug 18, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #266 of 11,665
Quote:
Speaking of Man-Erg. It is so great to see David Jackson with the band.

David Jackson, unfortunately, quit the band 6 years ago.

Aug 18, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #269 of 11,665
Quote:
There seems to be a correlation between liking the Piano Fortes and liking VDGG.

There does seem to be. I first was introduced to VDGG at summer camp (!) and was blessed then to see them live shortly afterwards at Massey Hall in Toronto on the World Record tour. That was 1976 and of course the classic line up.

Aug 18, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #270 of 11,665
Quote:
There does seem to be. I first was introduced to VDGG at summer camp (!) and was blessed then to see them live shortly afterwards at Massey Hall in Toronto on the World Record tour. That was 1976 and of course the classic line up.

Lucky.

I discovered them in college as an undergrad. There was a small record shop down the road, and in between classes I'd walk over there to get out of the heat and browse their selection. The owner was quite knowledgeable and introduced me to some great music.

During that same period I discovered Hawkwind, Incredible String Band, T2 ("It'll All Work Out in Boomland"), Bachdenkel, Kaleidoscope, 50 Ft Hose, Illyas Ahmed....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back