Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 14, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #241 of 11,665
Hmmm... Listening to Man-Erg (VDGG) on the PF IX is proving quite spectacular. This was not entirely expected. These headphones continue to surprise.

(For the record, observations that I make regarding the PF IX, like this one, should be assumed to be of the PF IX naked, not with the Leightning LOF earmuffs over top. If otherwise, I will make it obvious.)

As has happened before Paul, you are leading me down an expensive path!

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #242 of 11,665
Quote:
As has happened before Paul, you are leading me down an expensive path!

biggrin.gif

Ian, I really am loving these.

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #243 of 11,665
Quote:
Hmmm... Listening to Man-Erg (VDGG) on the PF IX is proving quite spectacular. This was not entirely expected. These headphones continue to surprise.

(For the record, observations that I make regarding the PF IX, like this one, should be assumed to be of the PF IX naked, not with the Leightning LOF earmuffs over top. If otherwise, I will make it obvious.)

Pawn Hearts is a great album, though most certainly not everyone's cup of tea. I agree 100% Man-Erg is rendered beautifully by the PF IXs. Mind you, the whole album is rendered majestically by the IXs.

Aug 14, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #244 of 11,665
Another thing I like about being here is that I get to find out new music that perhaps I never would have found before, will check this one out as I know the both of you and I have similar tastes musically.. Now, off to see more clients, daddy's got a new IEM to buy!:D

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #245 of 11,665
Ian, I certainly recommend Van Der Graaf Generator. (music is right that it is not for everyone but Pawn Hearts is a good place to stick your big toe in the VDGG waters.) However there is a general consensus that one does not recommend the Piano Fortes and I am part of that. They are just too strange, non-conforming, insufficiently accurate, the list goes on. Definitely caveat emptor, try them first if you can. (I couldn't but I have a pretty good record of predicting what I will or won't like based on the content and source of certain Head-Fi opinions).

No doubt, those of us who love the Piano Fortes, love them a lot.

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #246 of 11,665
Paul, it is exactly the same for me and I have a feeling in my gut that these would be for me. I had the same feeling when I went for the Heaven S over the C and It was spot on. Reading what I have it feels these would be the perfect headphones for late night in bed listening or on my many hotel stays due to work instead of lugging my LCD's which I do now!

Aug 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #247 of 11,665
Reading the thread i'm looking to buy the Adagio II or III. Can someone suggest me a good deal on online store that ships internationally. I want to get it shipped to india.

Also which ones are better sound wise ? Shure SE215 or Adagio II or III ?

You can try jaben online store, they do ship international.
For comparison, se215, adagio 2, ada 3 will be quite comparible, adagio provides better inmore fun sounding, with more stronger mid bass hump, good speed and impact, a well handle on low frequency, while se215 will be more accurate sounding.

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #250 of 11,665
Quote:
You can try jaben online store, they do ship international.
For comparison, se215, adagio 2, ada 3 will be quite comparible, adagio provides better inmore fun sounding, with more stronger mid bass hump, good speed and impact, a well handle on low frequency, while se215 will be more accurate sounding.

Right now only jaben malaysia have Adagio III in stock and they sell it for 395MYR = 127USD,

Jaben Hongkong dont have it on their site,

accessoryjack.com have it for USD74 + 10USD international shipping. Is accessoryjack.com a reliable store for genuine products ? Are they the cheapest rate wise ? or is there a better deal available ?

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #251 of 11,665
Quote:
So the Heaven VI does exist? It seems to be a bit of a stealth product.

Personally, I suspect it may still be in the prototype / tuning phase.

Quote:

Right now only jaben malaysia have Adagio III in stock and they sell it for 395MYR = 127USD,

Jaben Hongkong dont have it on their site,

accessoryjack.com have it for USD74 + 10USD international shipping. Is accessoryjack.com a reliable store for genuine products ? Are they the cheapest rate wise ? or is there a better deal available ?

Accessory Jack is legit, but I'd e-mail them asking if it's actually in stock first, as they have a tendency to not update their website to reflect current availability.

I'd also consider PriceJapan (you can e-mail Kaneda asking him to carry just about anything, even if it's not listed) and MusicaAcoustics (e-mail Dimitri).

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #252 of 11,665
Quote:

Accessory Jack is legit, but I'd e-mail them asking if it's actually in stock first, as they have a tendency to not update their website to reflect current availability.

I'd also consider PriceJapan (you can e-mail Kaneda asking him to carry just about anything, even if it's not listed) and MusicaAcoustics (e-mail Dimitri).

PriceJapan is not a good option in this case (for such a 'cheap' item) as they charge a minimum fee of 4,000 yen ($50.00 USD) on top of shipping.

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #253 of 11,665
Quote:

I emailed musicaAcoustics and they said :-

"Hello Nilay,
we currently dont offer this model from FAD
All models we currently offer is listed on our website musicaacoustics.com
If you need for us to recommend something from our selection please inquiry for further assistance.

Regards,

DT.

Sent from Mobile NTT wireless Japan" -  I hope DT is dimitri.

Price japan is not a good option for this particular IEM as stated by music_4321 because of the 4,000yen fee.

Quote:

PriceJapan is not a good option in this case (for such a 'cheap' item) as they charge a minimum fee of 4,000 yen ($50.00 USD) on top of shipping.

Yes you are right. Any other sites as option ?

Is USD 74 a good price for Adagio III ? Or is the street price lower ?

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #254 of 11,665
That kind of seems like a blow-off answer from Musica Acoustics, as I'm pretty sure Dimitri can get just about any FAD IEM.

The only explanation I can think of is that Jaben has some kind of exclusivity deal or something. I got my Adagio III from Jaben Australia.

As for PriceJapan, no, they aren't ideal in terms of price, but they're reliable and convenient. You could try looking for the Adagio on Amazon.jp, but then you'd need a deputy service to forward it as they don't ship outside of Japan, and the price in that case would probably come out to be fairly similar to PriceJapan and Jaben Malaysia.

Only other suggestion I can think of is international sellers on Ebay.

Otherwise I would send FAD an e-mail and ask if they could point you in the direction of a reseller for where you live. If there is no reseller locally, they might sell to you directly.

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #255 of 11,665
Quote:
I emailed musicaAcoustics and they said :-

"Hello Nilay,
we currently dont offer this model from FAD
All models we currently offer is listed on our website musicaacoustics.com
If you need for us to recommend something from our selection please inquiry for further assistance.

Regards,

DT.

Sent from Mobile NTT wireless Japan" -  I hope DT is dimitri.

Price japan is not a good option for this particular IEM as stated by music_4321 because of the 4,000yen fee.

Yes you are right. Any other sites as option ?

Is USD 74 a good price for Adagio III ? Or is the street price lower ?

The lowest price on Amazon.co.jp (Japan) is $68.50, so I think $74.00 is a pretty good price.

As MuppetFace suggested earlier, email AccessoryJack (they're based in Hong Kong) as they don't always update their site, though I somehow suspect they may well have this particular model. ALSO, make it very clear it is the Adagio III (not II) that you want -- they may send a quick reply saying they do have them in stock, only to later tell you they thought it was the Adagio II you wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back