FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Oct 25, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #14,911 of 18,020

Yes. Things not worked because its a BETA. Is not an official release firmware. That is what a beta means. A beta software or firmware is unfinished work with bugs to be tested for people who wants to do it (beta testers) and detect bugs, errors, problems and other things that can be improved in order to be solved by the developer team.

If you don't want to test, debug and report it to FiiO, stay on the last official firmware 2.0 that runs perfect and respect the Google Play services error in FW 2.0, FiiO published a workaround to solve it.

I'm talking about features that worked before and with the new Beta firmware are broken. How the hell do you break something that  wasn't broken before?

Anyway, I'm done with all you brown nosing FiiO fans. Defending the undefendable. Firmware 3.0x was a complete car crash. End of!

As a previous owner of X3, X5, two X3ii, two X5ii and a X7 I think I'm in a position to comment on the state of the Beta firmware. Anyone with more experience of FiiO DAPS care to comment?

It's way over your head.

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #14,912 of 18,020
Dear lord Darren, relax. If the beta firmware doesn't work for you, then use a stable version instead of venting your frustrations on strangers. I'm on FW 2.0 and it's mostly functional and sounds really, really good.

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #14,913 of 18,020
I think I'm going to be the only person standing with @Darren Cotter here against the onslaught of angry pitchfork-wielding FiiO fans. I understand his frustration. I know we can revert back to FW 2.0, but in my case that won't help as gapless playback never worked properly for me, even though it was supposed to be supported in FW 2.0. And my understanding is there won't be any further updates to FW 2.0.

Yes, I known it is very important to you guys although very very few Chinese people use this features. 

This isn't a very reassuring reply. I'm not unsympathetic to FiiO's primary financial market, but this a rather obtuse way of saying that gapless playback is either low priority or not even on the cards anymore (and we have to guess which). A straightforward reply would have been preferable. Maybe something like "It's on our to-do list with no ETA yet."? If, indeed, it is on the to-do list??

This is true.  Too bad I didn't find out until after I reformatted.  Wasted about 4 hours.

Sorry to hear this didn't help @harpo1 :frowning2: Well, at least, as a community, we're wiser for your experience. I'd agree your issue should be higher priority than gapless playback. Somebody had suggested a few pages back (it may have been you) that we maintain a master list of all known bugs for the current firmware. I think that would be a great idea. It would avoid duplicate reports/rants, headfi members could check the thread before adding to it, and respond to the thread with their own votes for what bug/issue they feel is most important and we could maintain a prioritized list on the first page of the thread. This might help FiiO too. Any volunteers to set this up? I'd be willing to maintain such a thread myself, but I don't want to overreach my authority or step on anybody's toes here. @Brooko?

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #14,914 of 18,020

sorry, in fact we have asked quite a lots of volunteer to help us test the beta firmware before we released the 3.0beta, but plz undestand still it is impossible to check out all the bugs. for example , Apple, Microsoft , Google may have thousands of engineers test the firmware but still need to fix a lots of bugs after they release their firmware. 

well, I volunteered, but was not asked to test 3.0beta before its release.

And ever since upgrade to the 3.0 betas I am experiencing loud pop sounds when X7 uses coax digital out to Chord Mojo. This issue was certainly not among the list of issues that were stated as not being fixed when the first 3.0 beta was released. I am not even sure if the Fiio engineers know there is this, and other issues with digital coax out.

BTW, this issue I highlight was not a problem on version 2.0 firmware.

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #14,915 of 18,020
  That is very strange, so what do they do when they play albums that have songs that run together? If you have a gapless album without gapless playback it is very annoying.

Sounds like not many Chinese albums need gapless playback. FWIW, the old FIIO DAPs had working gapless. For some reason, as soon as they used Android/Linux based OS, most chinese DAPs can't figure out how to make gapless playback work. 

This is the reason I abandoned iBasso. I'm waiting for Fiio to fix it on there latest FW. If not I'll have to sell it. FW2.0 also had an issue which is why my X7 is staying in storage for now.

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #14,916 of 18,020
 Hi guys!

I have Fiio X7 + amp AM5.  My headphone is an Audio Technica ath-m50x.

Sometimes, unintentionally, I  unplugging/plugging the headphone with the music playing. (with low volume)

Can damage be done by unplugging headphones from Fiio X7 while it's playing music?

ps: I did it just a few times!

Thanks a lot!

Oct 26, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #14,917 of 18,020

With FiiO it's hard to predict from which direction you'll get the best help at times... FiiO forum? Head-fi forum? (FiiO head-fi subforum is officially listed in the support page) FiiO facebook--pm? Public message? Hmmmmmmmmmm

FiiO takes out beta firmware for testing and it is generally well received but in this case perhaps they should have numbered it 0.x instead of 3.x and called it "alpha" instead of "beta" to stress the preliminary level of development of these Android 5.x firmwares...

I've contacted Fiio several times through their official channels. They can take time to respond, but they always have. This is headfi, even if Fiio list it as official it is not.

Hi, bavinck
Could you tell us you contacted us via which ways? If we ingore the messages you sent before, please accept our sincere apology for bringing inconvenience. Sometimes because of the time difference, we can't reply on time, hope you can understand. Thank you!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 26, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #14,918 of 18,020
 Hi guys!

I have Fiio X7 + amp AM5.  My headphone is an Audio Technica ath-m50x.

Sometimes, unintentionally, I  unplugging/plugging the headphone with the music playing. (with low volume)

Can damage be done by unplugging headphones from Fiio X7 while it's playing music?

ps: I did it just a few times!

Thanks a lot!

Happened to me more than I could count, no issues so far! I just don't know the technical side - as the amp has no load while it's still working.

Oct 26, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #14,919 of 18,020
Happened to me more than I could count, no issues so far! I just don't know the technical side - as the amp has no load while it's still working.

Same here, but doesn't the X7 simply pause itself when this happens? When I plug my bins back in, I always have to hit play...

Oct 26, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #14,920 of 18,020

Same here, but doesn't the X7 simply pause itself when this happens? When I plug my bins back in, I always have to hit play...

I don't think there's a problem.

If settings resume is ON, wher X7 restarts it resumes playing music, with or without a headphone plugged.
Also when using line-out there is still output on AMP if you plug headphones - and when people stack X7 they don't have phones connected to X7 itself, so ...

Other members may have a definitive answer, I'm only trying to be logical 
popcorn.gif

My 2 cents

Oct 26, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #14,921 of 18,020

Somebody had suggested a few pages back (it may have been you) that we maintain a master list of all known bugs for the current firmware. I think that would be a great idea. It would avoid duplicate reports/rants, headfi members could check the thread before adding to it, and respond to the thread with their own votes for what bug/issue they feel is most important and we could maintain a prioritized list on the first page of the thread. This might help FiiO too. Any volunteers to set this up? I'd be willing to maintain such a thread myself, but I don't want to overreach my authority or step on anybody's toes here. @Brooko?

More than  happy (if FiiO agrees) for someone to try and run a prioritised list of bugs.  If we could help FiiO in any way, I know they would appreciate it.  I would try to be more active with this - but i have a multi-million (one of our largest) clients with me for the next 5 days, then after that I am incommunicado for a further week (family) - so unfortunately timing is just bad for me.  If not started in meantime, I can look at it in a couple of weeks.

Oct 26, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #14,922 of 18,020
Yep, the X7 pauses automatically when your IEM gets unplugged. And yes this happens to me when i turn on my X7 (no IEMs plugged) and I totally forgot that i turned it on - as my Music app is on resume ON. Well if there's nothing going wrong, then we should sleep well :)

Oct 26, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #14,923 of 18,020
Hi, bavinck
Could you tell us you contacted us via which ways? If we ingore the messages you sent before, please accept our sincere apology for bringing inconvenience. Sometimes because of the time difference, we can't reply on time, hope you can understand. Thank you!

Don't worry FiiO, bavinck was saying that you *do* response to all his messages. :wink:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 26, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #14,924 of 18,020
More than  happy (if FiiO agrees) for someone to try and run a prioritised list of bugs.  If we could help FiiO in any way, I know they would appreciate it.  I would try to be more active with this - but i have a multi-million (one of our largest) clients with me for the next 5 days, then after that I am incommunicado for a further week (family) - so unfortunately timing is just bad for me.  If not started in meantime, I can look at it in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Brooko! If FiiO are agreeable, I can start this rolling. FiiO, please feel free to PM me about this.

Oct 26, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #14,925 of 18,020
  Hi, bavinck

No worries, I meant it as a positive! I think you guys are as responsive as you can be, being on the opposite side of the globe:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back