FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Feb 12, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #9,376 of 18,020
it seems that one quite important setting is not visible in the fiio player: filter files shorter than 60 seconds, filter files shorter than 500kb.
the option is there. it's visible from Settings > scan for songs > top right cog button.

scanning showed only 5222 files while i have 5414.
HiBy gives me more (not all i believe)

next up: can i somehow import m3u8 lists?

Feb 12, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #9,378 of 18,020
Why did X7 not have balanced 3.5 or 2.5 built in as standard ? Ofcourse external modules are great, but it would be nice to have it on the player directly soldered. I almost jumped into the wagon...then I saw only SE...sigh...

it's not something used by many i suppose?

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #9,379 of 18,020
My friend lent me his x7 with the new amp module, what a fine sounding player x7 has transformed into. A taste of highend at reasonable cost. Immediately appreciate much bass definition off the Ref1 as compared to the stock amp module. Well done, Fiio!
I ran into some issue with dsd playback but worked fine after reboot to th pure music mode without all the wifi crap.

Feb 12, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #9,380 of 18,020
  HELP!

I did a Factory Reset (twice) to get the Bluetooth volume improvement with FW1.8 and now NO Bluetooth device will pair with my X7.

I had 8 things paired before with zero problems. I turned on the "Visible to all nearby Bluetooth Devices" --which I don't remember having to do before, but that could just be my memory. "Searching for Devices" = "Available Devices... No nearby Bluetooth devices were found."

I've tried 3 different headphones that were connected before the Factory Reset. Please tell me I'm doing something stupid.

You're not, seems to me. Did the same to deal with my bluetooth problems (obviously did not help by an inch) and now X7 stopped recognising one set and the other connects with a delay of some 2 mins.  (before it was a near lighting speed, just after unfolding the headphones). So, well, here we are.

Feb 12, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #9,381 of 18,020
I haven't had an audiophile dap in a couple of years except for the Fiio X1 which I never got around to using but that's another story..With the X7 and my SE846, I get the feeling that it isn't that much of an improvement. I'm guessing it could be due to the amp but of course no way to tell since the only other amp I have is a desktop amp and no way to connect my SE846 to try. I have the same files on my phone and my guess is I would not be able to tell the difference at this point if I volume matched. This is with around 4-5 hours on the X7 and the newest firmware and as a dap only. I don't think I'll be using the DAC function much.

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #9,382 of 18,020

You're not, seems to me. Did the same to deal with my bluetooth problems (obviously did not help by an inch) and now X7 stopped recognising one set and the other connects with a delay of some 2 mins.  (before it was a near lighting speed, just after unfolding the headphones). So, well, here we are.

Once I figured out what I was doing wrong--with the Bluetooth devices, not the X7, everything is functioning perfectly again--with all the volume I can stand, too.

When @CH23 told me to reset the headphones, I thought he meant stick a toothpick in a tiny hole or hold down 4 buttons while touching your nose and turning around 3 times. But the basic original pairing mode operations worked as they were meant to work. (It required looking up some Quick Start guides for a refresher course in a couple of instances, but they all work now.)

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #9,383 of 18,020
Remember Bluetooth is a bit tricky after a firmware update / reset. BT devices sees each other using a 'address' unique to each device. When you reset the X7, X7 will forget all these addresses of all paired headphone, yet those headphone will still remember the X7's address. So X7 won't connect back to these headphone because these headphone are not in discovery mode (which would have broadcasted their addresses) and yet these headphone will still see X7's address and assume it is X7 that doesn't want to get connected. By the end, both side are doing nothing and there is where you keep wondering why X7 isn't connected to these headphone anymore.

The solution is usually simple - resetting both sides and allow for a new start. BT is designed this way in order to ensure nothing will connect to anything by accident and therefore it is less likely someone will hack into your BT device by scan out the address of your BT devices.

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #9,385 of 18,020
There is a saying that "better to have an option than nothing" :D. The X7 is fully capable of having a balanced out on it body as well for IEMS ? Would it increase the production cost substantially ?

Double the circuitry in the module, including opamps and trs connectors

Feb 12, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #9,387 of 18,020
If that is more expensive than an external balanced amp module...then I don't know what to say
redface.gif

have you considered the 'space' factor?

Feb 12, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #9,388 of 18,020
If that is more expensive than an external balanced amp module...then I don't know what to say
redface.gif

im not sure if you understand the modules of this player: you can take the AM1 off, and plug the AM2/3/? in its place.

if you are going to do balanced on something that can be exchanged, when the minority will be using this functionality, you dont release this as the default one.

You discover something new every day:
Wanna play your m3u or m3u8 playlists? It IS possible!

1: prepare your playlist, make sure all files have /mnt/EXTERNAL_sd/ in front of them if they're on your micro sd card.
2: open the FiiO player and go to "local music" (folder icon)
3: you should now see icons: songs - artists - albums - genres - FOLDERS
4: tap folder icon, and select SD card (if your m3u playlist is there)
5: find your playlist, tap it.
6: the popup Should list your tracks. If you followed step 1 you should be able to tap a track and it should start playing.
7: use the back button.
8: tap the mini player. You're now on the "main screen"

From here swipe from left edge of the screen to have the list of tracks slide out. This you can use to go to the track you want.

Feb 12, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #9,389 of 18,020
  I haven't had an audiophile dap in a couple of years except for the Fiio X1 which I never got around to using but that's another story..With the X7 and my SE846, I get the feeling that it isn't that much of an improvement. I'm guessing it could be due to the amp but of course no way to tell since the only other amp I have is a desktop amp and no way to connect my SE846 to try. I have the same files on my phone and my guess is I would not be able to tell the difference at this point if I volume matched. This is with around 4-5 hours on the X7 and the newest firmware and as a dap only. I don't think I'll be using the DAC function much.

I would say that you need more time on the X7 for everything to settle in. To me, there is quite a bit of difference between the X1 and X7 but again, there needs to be some burn in time on the X7. I also like the new module with IEM's. 

Feb 12, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #9,390 of 18,020

Users who are viewing this thread

Back