FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 14, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #15,166 of 18,020

The hiss will depend on the IEM being used.  With massively sensitive IEMs there may be some hiss (eg Andromeda).  What IEM are you pairing with?

Shure 535. They are considered fairly sensitive - and the feedback i was talking about was specifically about this IEM - just search this thread for "shure 535". 

Does this mean I am screwed and FiiO will use Shure's sensitivity as an excuse not to fix AM3's design and implementation? I wouldn't be surprised.

Nov 14, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #15,167 of 18,020
I just checked SE535 and AM3 - there is precisely one person commenting about hiss.  Why on earth would you want to go balanced with the SE535 though?  They are easy to drive (Iused to own them) - so using balanced won't help in the slightest.  Just use the AM1 single ended.

Nov 14, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #15,168 of 18,020
Shure 535. They are considered fairly sensitive - and the feedback i was talking about was specifically about this IEM - just search this thread for "shure 535". 

Does this mean I am screwed and FiiO will use Shure's sensitivity as an excuse not to fix AM3's design and implementation? I wouldn't be surprised.

Hate to burst your bubble but there's another thread talking about the hiss of the 535's and they just had it plugged into their laptop.

Although I didn't read the older post, did they have their wifi enabled? That used to annoy me a lot :/ made a hissing sound. It's fixed now.

Nov 14, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #15,169 of 18,020
Would appreciate advice a lot!
I own XBA-Z5 and, soon, going to get AK T8ie. I want to hear sufficient surplus in quality. What amp should I get? Am5? 

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #15,170 of 18,020
  Would appreciate advice a lot!
I own XBA-Z5 and, soon, going to get AK T8ie. I want to hear sufficient surplus in quality. What amp should I get? Am5? 

The AM1 module is perfectly fine for iem, you don't have to buy anything else.

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #15,171 of 18,020
  The AM1 module is perfectly fine for iem, you don't have to buy anything more.

what I also do not really like in X7 is digitalization.It just sounds not really natural with folk or classical insturments, while it does really well with popular modern genres. 
I have owned Colorfly C4 Pro for many years and I really get used to it's naturality, neutrality and soundsignature.Unfortunately, it has very very very poor instrument separation what kills the joy from music from the lack of space in X-axis.(btw the most stable device I ever owned). But X7 is bright, has really great separation (even better than ak380 and LPG) and not natural at all. Both very musical with decent soundstage.
So I'm wondering, how can X7 become darker or,at least, turned to neutrality? "Digitalization" is a matter of amp, dac, their synergy or something else?
For sure, I'm not searching for more power..

Nov 14, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #15,172 of 18,020
  what I also do not really like in X7 is digitalization.It just sounds not really natural with folk or classical insturments, while it does really well with popular modern genres. 
I have owned Colorfly C4 Pro for many years and I really get used to it's naturality, neutrality and soundsignature.Unfortunately, it has very very very poor instrument separation what kills the joy from music from the lack of space in X-axis.(btw the most stable device I ever owned). But X7 is bright, has really great separation (even better than ak380 and LPG) and not natural at all. Both very musical with decent soundstage.
So I'm wondering, how can X7 become darker or,at least, turned to neutrality? "Digitalization" is a matter of amp, dac, their synergy or something else?
For sure, I'm not searching for more power..

Since  I read contradictory opinions* all the time, I only trust measurements. In this case they show perfectly neutral response as 99% of other DAP's

headfonics: "
The X7 manages to avoid that problem more so than I expected it would or could. The X7 IEM module has a little hint of warmth especially in the low end response and slight richness to the mid-range, just enough and not overdone, to give it that natural tone."

headfonia: "The X7 is very user friendly and the great thing is it sounds really good too. Of all the Fiio DAPs, the X7 is the one with the most detail, the best layering, the widest sound stage and the best dynamics. The overall sound signature is more to the neutral side like the AK’s but with that touch of smoothness making it a very musical player."

Nov 14, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #15,173 of 18,020

Since  I read contradictory opinions* all the time, I only trust measurements. In this case they show perfectly neutral response as 99% of other DAP's

headfonics: "
The X7 manages to avoid that problem more so than I expected it would or could. The X7 IEM module has a little hint of warmth especially in the low end response and slight richness to the mid-range, just enough and not overdone, to give it that natural tone."

headfonia: "The X7 is very user friendly and the great thing is it sounds really good too. Of all the Fiio DAPs, the X7 is the one with the most detail, the best layering, the widest sound stage and the best dynamics. The overall sound signature is more to the neutral side like the AK’s but with that touch of smoothness making it a very musical player."

even though it is neutral, how can I make it more dark?)

Nov 14, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #15,176 of 18,020
  The AM1 module is perfectly fine for iem, you don't have to buy anything else.

I prefer the AM2 over the AM1 for my IEMs, but I suppose it depends on the IEMs you're using.

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #15,177 of 18,020

I prefer the AM2 over the AM1 for my IEMs, but I suppose it depends on the IEMs you're using.

I also prefer the AM2. I also like the AM3, the balanced amp. 

Nov 14, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #15,178 of 18,020
sometimes I really should not be given access to tools. Nor to computers in general.

After discovering that foobar2000 CAN play from external drives (or micro SD cards), I decided to finally try the beta (BETA!) firmware.

With the tool I previously extracted the recovery, and upgraded that. (just the recovery, still had fw 2.0)

Today I had no access to a windows machine, and so I decided to install 3.0.7b (b for beta.) via the adb sideload function.

After doing so it seems that everything keeps crashing (most likely my own fault!)

And because right now I am backing up a possibly failing SSD, I don't have access to a windows machine, and thus can not upgrade properly.

In FiiO pure music mode, I can at least play the music for now.

Lesson to be learned: don't be me.

Disclaimer: this was written for entertainment purposes. I am at fault in this case, not FiiO. I think it never formatted the flash memory and that may have somehow caused issues.

Nov 14, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #15,179 of 18,020

stopped few 1sec while player a song or a few second freeze while playing and some songs starts a sec or 2 from the beginning .

Hi Mochill, Did it happen into the newest FW of the X7? if not , which version it is ? btw , which format of your track when it was playing ?
firmware3.0.7 and with 16/44.1kHz wav

Nov 14, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #15,180 of 18,020
  sometimes I really should not be given access to tools. Nor to computers in general.

After discovering that foobar2000 CAN play from external drives (or micro SD cards), I decided to finally try the beta (BETA!) firmware.

With the tool I previously extracted the recovery, and upgraded that. (just the recovery, still had fw 2.0)

Today I had no access to a windows machine, and so I decided to install 3.0.7b (b for beta.) via the adb sideload function.

After doing so it seems that everything keeps crashing (most likely my own fault!)

And because right now I am backing up a possibly failing SSD, I don't have access to a windows machine, and thus can not upgrade properly.

In FiiO pure music mode, I can at least play the music for now.

Lesson to be learned: don't be me.

Disclaimer: this was written for entertainment purposes. I am at fault in this case, not FiiO. I think it never formatted the flash memory and that may have somehow caused issues.

Feels sorry for you, know a tinkerer's pain in here! 

I tend to do similar things with some of my gear. Hold in there, it'll all get better in time! We probably won't stop ever, but we will eventually take things slower and will run into less problems 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back