FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123
Feb 17, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #1,322 of 1,895
cooperpwc, sorry for a noob's question - what is the purpose of using such module? Dx50 supports micro SD so you can simply insert micro SD card to the player, so why to bother with SD cards and module etc.?

Feb 17, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #1,323 of 1,895
cooperpwc, sorry for a noob's question - what is the purpose of using such module? Dx50 supports micro SD so you can simply insert micro SD card to the player, so why to bother with SD cards and module etc.?

The only advantage is that you can buy an inexpensive 128GB SD card. (SD generally supports twice as much storage as microSD because it is bigger.) This was especially useful for the single micro slot DX50 to get some decent memory on board. It was convenient too since I was using an external amp and could sandwich the adapter between the DAP and the amp.

With the X5 having two micro slots - and sounding great without an external amp - I have not seen the need to use this adapter. I bought two 64GB microSD cards.

Feb 17, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #1,325 of 1,895
I had an unusual bug today - everything on the screen was reversed as if looking into a mirror. It still worked and I could navigate around and evwerything, but it did happen. It went away after awhile, maybe 5 minutes. It was funny because at that point, the scroll wheel worked exactly the way Teke wants it to.

Feb 17, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #1,326 of 1,895
Actually this will be a disaster for burning out the battery if you are carrying the X5 in a pocket. And yes, it's really annoying.

So please feel free to vote for Bug 45. :)

(It's already been confirmed as a bug fix but more votes can't hurt.)

Cool. Thanks!

More lock screen options is another confirmed fix. So with the warnings gone and a volume buttons only option, the X5 should be plenty pocket friendly.

Looking forward to the next firmware upgrade.

+1 Additional lock screen options was eminent but the design of it lead to more. I don't know if I would have gone that road or just enunciate all buttons on a option screen and let the user the ability to select his/her configuration, of course making sure you don't end up with a brick.

Nice to see the bugs and enhancements being captured and worked in the final product, one more way to listen to your customers. :wink:

Whoa whoa whoa hold your horses fellas :eek:

The "confirmed" status means that the bug has been confirmed to be a real issue. In the current bugzilla setup this happens automatically if a bug receives 9 votes (each user can put at most 3 votes on a single bug out of a total of 25 votes on all bugs combined)

The status you guys want to look for is "in progress" which means we are working on fixing the bug. I will consult our engineer ASAP and update the status to "in progress" for those bugs we are working on, and update the status to "resolved" when a fix is available :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 17, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #1,328 of 1,895

I don't think that is actually a bug. However.. spin the scroll wheel in the Now Playing screen and you will have access to all songs in that 'last position album' which is what you apparently want.

What I mean is , after turning off the X5 (last position setting) it'll go to the 'Now Playing' screen as you stated , but , when I pressed the back button (which is the top right button) , the song list remains blank , until I go back to the main menu by pressing back , and then it'll re-appear when I click on "Browse By Song" . 

Feb 17, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #1,329 of 1,895
Whoa whoa whoa hold your horses fellas
eek.gif

The "confirmed" status means that the bug has been confirmed to be a real issue. In the current bugzilla setup this happens automatically if a bug receives 9 votes (each user can put at most 3 votes on a single bug out of a total of 25 votes on all bugs combined)

The status you guys want to look for is "in progress" which means we are working on fixing the bug. I will consult our engineer ASAP and update the status to "in progress" for those bugs we are working on, and update the status to "resolved" when a fix is available
redface.gif

hahaha, would you call this coercion?
biggrin.gif

Ok, here is a proper wording: It is hoped that FiiO will listen to our requests and add the fixes and enhancements into the X5 product line.  In the meantime we will wait for "in progress" and "resolved" then we can
beerchug.gif

Feb 17, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #1,330 of 1,895
^^ I think that you are using the database browser so I can't really comment. I just use a long back press to get the main menu and then enter the folder browser. I don't use the database.

Edit: I just did a test. When it restarts and plays the last position, a short back press takes me to the all songs database screen. It is not blank - all gazillion songs are there. This is a useless place to be which is why I always do a long back press to skip past it and get to the main screen.

Feb 17, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #1,331 of 1,895
My X5 on tour box arrived today in London

having a initial play at work.
The UI really confused me (never used an Ipod) especially the wheel, I find the UI not that intuitive.

All working fine, using W7/64bit Dell Precision at work, no driver issues.I find click and choice to be a bit laggy

Using ES10s (REM Fables 16/44 and Reckoning HD 24/96) I find the sound a little dark, bass a bit much, not brightly lit, my 801 is dead so using my
Studio 3rd at the moment. Without changing any firmware yet I prefer the Studio with the ES10s (ESW9 pads)

With DT1350s in place, the sound becomes flatter to me. Bass boost has gone, treble sounds better, however I can't say
it sounds any better than the Studio 3rd, but I will try lots of different recordings,

I will post a proper review at the end of the week, including lots of other DAP comparisons

Overall the machine has great build, works very well, I love the look of the back, I don't like the look of the front and X arrangement.

I am crying out for HIFIMAN style buttons.

Should I update the firmware???

As I am last on the UK list, do I get to keep it? :)

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #1,332 of 1,895
As more I read here about the flaws that the UI has the more respect I get for what Apple created with the Ipod Classic. Kudos Steve...... UI creation is rocket science!

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #1,333 of 1,895
As more I read here about the flaws that the UI has the more respect I get for what Apple created with the Ipod Classic. Kudos Steve...... UI creation is rocket science!

...... Smh

Feb 17, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #1,334 of 1,895
Another thing that bugs me is that when using the X5 as a USB soundcard, you constantly have to activate the volume to change volume fairly quickly.

e.g. I'm listening to some smooth jazz and some tracks are quieter than others. I'm constantly having to press the X5's volume buttons/press and hold the center button and using the wheel to adjust the volume accordingly. It would be much more convenient to have the volume icon pop up the whole time so that you can just use the wheel to adjust music.

And while we're on the topic of the USB soundcard mode, you should be able to turn off the screen. There's no reason for the screen to be on 24/7 if it's connected to your computer. My E7 DAC/amp had the screen burned in because it was always connected to my computer and the screen never turns off; I didn't even know that was possible with an OLED screen.

Feb 17, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #1,335 of 1,895
Should I update the firmware???

As I am last on the UK list, do I get to keep it? :)

You should be able to update the firmware without any issues. If you do run into the heating problem please leave a vote on this bug
https://app.devzing.com/FiiO/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=57
and revert to FW1.0.

Er, whiskeybolt and Skalkman are after you :D

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back