FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread
May 31, 2015 at 7:22 PM Post #947 of 7,088
  I wonder why it has been decided upon such short testing periods.

Aynone is up with impressions of when using x5II with an amp vs x5?

Possibly because the X5II will be on the streets relatively quickly. Though they are giving the US and Canada folks longer..
I don't get it either. More people get exposed to the sound... but it doesn't give them long enough to make a reasonable evaluation..

Jun 1, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #949 of 7,088
I'll let you know again after say...2nd June? See if i get a late reply. Not to mention that 4 days is still a really short time though :frowning2:

Yea man.. BTW I realise they asked me to return it on a Saturday rather than Friday, miscounted the dates last night. Gonna ask if I can collect it after office hours.

ConnectIT might be the best chance to demo it after all. Hopefully, it's available with tem as soon as x5ii launches.

Yea, ConnectIT has been getting the new Fiio products really early, starting from the E11k, which was when i first found out about them. Hopefully they'll have it on the release date again.

Jun 1, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #950 of 7,088
Yea man.. BTW I realise they asked me to return it on a Saturday rather than Friday, miscounted the dates last night. Gonna ask if I can collect it after office hours.
Yea, ConnectIT has been getting the new Fiio products really early, starting from the E11k, which was when i first found out about them. Hopefully they'll have it on the release date again.

Well I seriously doubt I have been selected. Maybe its coz I'm still rather new to the scene and have no reviews thus far?

Either way I will most probably test it at ConnectIT I guess. While I'd like to take your spot if you are giving it up, I don't think that Eng Siang will appreciate me taking over your spot from you.

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #951 of 7,088
I'm thinking you'll start getting impressions rolling in soon from the first folks on the US and Canadian tours. Hard to be patient but there it is. I'm going to tune out for a bit as curious as I am to avoid expectation bias until I get my tour unit in a bit. That's going to be difficult as I'm eager for results too. Not long folks, and it'll be available!

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #952 of 7,088

I wish that manufacturers would try and suggest this on their packaging. A lot of people still think back to the days of the Nickel Cadmium battery where you had to make sure it was flat before recharging to get it to recharge properly again. It's only by looking at relevant sites that you find out the optimum way to charge a lithium battery which is regular smaller recharges.

Yes, for lithium batteries (used in most mobile phones and other portable items today), the advise is to charge it fully when it´s new. The manufacturer had charged it a bit, but you should charge it fully before first use. Then let the battery drain out in the item, until it shut itself off. Then again charge it fully, and repeat 3 - 4 cycles. Then it´s better for the battery if it´s being charged before fully drain out as they does not have any or very low memory effect 
Yes, for lithium batteries (used in most mobile phones and other portable items today), the advise is to charge it fully when it´s new. The manufacturer had charged it a bit, but you should charge it fully before first use. Then let the battery drain out in the item, until it shut itself off. Then again charge it fully, and repeat 3 - 4 cycles. Then it´s better for the battery if it´s being charged before fully drain out as they does not have any or very low memory effect.. Also, lithium batteries does not like heat, and some also recommend not charge them fully. But I think it´s more important to not totally let it drain it out to often, as George stated.

My recommendation is to charge fully and whenever convenient, and there is no need to discharge the battery fully at any occasion unless you're fussed about calibrating the battery gauge to be accurate to the last 1% (the X5 doesn't even show its battery level in %!)

My years-old E17 is still trucking along like a champ :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 1, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #953 of 7,088
How did the Canadian meet go guys? :L3000:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 1, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #954 of 7,088
How did the Canadian meet go guys?
L3000.gif

Wishing it was a short drive from Toronto to Calgary lol. Waiting to hear from @hakushondaimao and @semaj8james - hope you two got to connect there!

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #956 of 7,088
Is recommended file formatting identical so a card formatted within X5 can go straight into mkii without a need to reformat?

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #958 of 7,088
Oh rats... Too busy with the shift to my new home, and missed the registration deadline. :'(

I guess I'll audition it when it reaches my favorite cosy store then. Thanks anyway! @RedTwilight

@Psyres seems like I might end up doing that too.. 
tongue.gif

Hope all is well with your move~

Jun 2, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #959 of 7,088
Guys!

Fiio x5 2nd has been appeared on the fiio mobile web page!

Just go to fiio with your mobile and enter in the player area.
you will see a hyperlink in red with some chines word and x5 at the beginning.

If you go to this link there would be a page like other players but without any data.
only the comparison has data for X5 2nd and it's compare with other players.

Jun 2, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #960 of 7,088
'Goodbye X5 (1st gen) and Say Hello to X5 (2nd gen)' on the FiiO website.

http://www.fiio.net/en/story/276

Users who are viewing this thread

Back