Any button pushing twice: "previous track" or "next track" randomly

1.10:
[COLOR=222222]With "use of in-line remotes on earphones: enabled"[/COLOR]
Any button pushing once: "pause"
Any button pushing twice: "next track"

[COLOR=222222]With "use of in-line remotes on earphones: disabled"[/COLOR]
Pushing not working at all

==
Still not working correctly. No ways to change previous track.

Try pushing that button three times :wink:

Also, pushing twice and holding the last push fast forwards, pushing three times and holding the last push rewinds :D

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 27, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #32 of 206
My X1 works fine, both updates (1.03beta and 1.10) installed flawlessly.
But M3U playlists don't work correctly, or I don't understand how they work. I can add M3U playlists on the Micro SD card which works good, but they don't get added to the playlist category, I have to play them via 'Browse Files'. Manually added playlists (done by the X1) get added to the playlist category, but they are named 'Playlist 1', 'Playlist 2', etc., which gets confusing if you'll have a lot of playlists.

Is there any way to get properly named playlists in the playlist category? I didn't figured it out yet.

Hello S77S77,

You have pretty much already figured out how playlists work in the current implementation. Externally created playlists reside in "Browse Files". Only player-generated playlists reside the the playlists category. Also, there's as yet no plans to allow playlists to be named, since there's no such thing as keyboard input on the X1 :wink:

Regarding externally created playlists, it may be a good idea for now to create them in the root directory of your SD card and not have any other files in your root directory, so you may access your playlists most quickly. :xf_eek: But note that moving an existing M3U file would break its relative pathing.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 29, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #35 of 206
Does anyone have the same problem?

I have (for now) one small problem: even though latest 1.03 beta firmware has an option to display either filename or title of the song in the media lib, for me it changes nothing. Filename is always shown. That's rather inconvenient, and finding a specific track in shuffle mode is almost impossible :frowning2:

Updated to 1.10, nothing changed.
For every single track I have on card X1 shows me filename instead of title. Files are FLAC mostly, just one or two albums are MP3, everything is tagged with foobar2000, never had any issues with it. And also X1 does see album names, artist names and genres in tags, so I believe that is not tagging problem.

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #36 of 206
Hi! The new firmware installed without problems, the song title display option works fine, and the playlists also work, although I found them a bit clumsy at first. I spent a minute until I figured out how to delete a playlist... :) Maybe displaying some hints would help.

Do you mind if I add my wishlist here? I hope to see these features in a future firmware.

1. Single Play Mode. I very often pick my songs one by one, and in album mode all you can do is pause at the last seconds of each song, which is quite awkward. A play mode that just returns to the folder view at the end of each song would be nice.

2. Folder Memory. If I go to the settings menu during a playback, or just turn off the X1, it forgets the current folder, and I have to start browsing from the root. With 4 levels of folders this is not very nice. Could you add an option to always start browsing at the last used folder?

3. Holding the volume keys with the screen off skips songs. I don't see the reasoning behind this. If the screen is on, holding these keys just adjust the volume as expected. And even with the screen off, the bottom keys can also be used to skip songs. I hope this can be made more consistent in the future.

4. The startup animation is nice, but after seeing it a 100 times you would just want to see your songs instead. :) I hope the device can boot in less than the current 12 secs, and the animation is not a crucial part of the boot process.

5. When the device is turned on or off, it sends "pop" sounds to the output. It is not a big deal with headphones, but when connected to an amplifier, it can be loud. I hope there's a way to work around it.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #37 of 206
The "pop" is normal, will not be going away.

Startup animation?  Make your own custom firmware, perhaps that way you can change it.

The volume keys changing tracks is imperative for me.  Changing lock screens may give you options (it does on the X5).  But for many of us, holding down the volume key to go forward or back is a must-have.

It has the option to resume at the last song played.  

I suppose for single play mode you could make a playlist.  

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #38 of 206
The "pop" is normal, will not be going away.

My Sansa Clip does not "pop". My phone does not "pop". X1 is the only one, and it's anything but normal.

Startup animation? Make your own custom firmware, perhaps that way you can change it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

The volume keys changing tracks is imperative for me. Changing lock screens may give you options (it does on the X5). But for many of us, holding down the volume key to go forward or back is a must-have.

Okay, nobody wants to take it away from you. If the Fiio guys add an option, both of us can be happy.

It has the option to resume at the last song played.

I don't want to resume a song.

I suppose for single play mode you could make a playlist.

I don't want to make a playlist.

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #39 of 206
This is not your Sansa.  It makes a sound.  This has been discussed many times here.  Fiio has explained it.  There is also a sound when the device switches from one type of file type to another (16/44 to mp3, say).  Fiio has also stated that that sound is normal for this device.  These are based on hardware, not software.

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #40 of 206
Hi,

I just tried updating my X1.  The instructions are pretty simple so I don't think I'm doing it wrong, but. . .

When the screen comes on, it's black and then briefly displays "model error" then restarts.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #41 of 206
You need to put just the FW on the card.  Unzip the file, open the folder and drag the FW into the card.  With a Mac you probably need to remove the hidden files a Mac will put on the card.

Did you properly format your card in the X1?  That means taking an empty card (formatting will erase the card) and putting it in the device, and then running Format from System.  At that point, the card will have the proper name attached to it.  You only need to that the first time.

Or you could try another card and see if the card itself is the issue.

Do you have lots of stuff on your card that is NOT music files?  If so, perhaps that is causing an issue.

Try those and check back with us.   

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #42 of 206
  Hi,

I just tried updating my X1.  The instructions are pretty simple so I don't think I'm doing it wrong, but. . .

When the screen comes on, it's black and then briefly displays "model error" then restarts.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hm, I got this error after messing with the themes on the firmware and then trying to install it on my X1. Perhaps the one you downloaded got corrupted or something. Try redownloading it and put the x1.fw onto the root without doing anything to it.

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #44 of 206
beerchug.gif

Nov 2, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #45 of 206
Having problems updating to firmware 1.10. I downloaded the new firmware, unzipped it, loaded it in the root of my micro SD card initiated the update. It went thru the motions, gave the update success notice and the flipped to a black screen of death with little red letters "system support" at the very bottom of the screen (almost off the screen to be honest.)

The unit was locked frozen. Could not turn it off using the power button. Used the little push pin insert between power and volume to hard reset. Redownloaded the software in case it was somehow corrupted. Repeated the entire process with exactly the same results..

This is so frustrating. The only reason i wanted to update was because the unit kept giving a "file type not supported" error with certain FLAC files... they all had sample rate above 32 but I thought it was worth a try anyway.. boy was I wrong.

I really had hoped to enjoy the weekend with my new music gadget... as I did last weekend with an X5 I got that kept losing files and/or corrupting them. It seems both card slots did not seat properly.. so it went back.... i got the X1 not trusting another X5... once burned sort of philosophy. I am hoping there is a fix for the X1 screen of death and this is not another lemon unit (and no i did not by the X1 and X5 in same place... but both were new and fullfilled by amazon.

Ah well... has anyone had this issue or have any suggestions. I emailed FIIO but I am sure it will take them some time to answer.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back