FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design, full metal case. Bass boost and Cross feed!
Jan 24, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #811 of 3,739
Not yet, I plan on it though, but it will be a little while before I get my hands on an E12

Jan 25, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #813 of 3,739
Quote:
When will E12 come out? :O
I am waiting on to pick E12 or BH hehe

It's been said a few times already but March is the closest estimate given so far. :D

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #816 of 3,739
Any comparisons between the O2 vs E12?

Not yet, sonically, but I can say the Mont Blanc is slimmer and more easy to slip into a pocket. Mont Blanc also has a crossfeed and bass-boost circuit that a stock O2 does not. FiiO has also provided a lot of specifications for the E12, so you can compare/contrast them regarding parts and output measurements that way. Finally, a pre-assembled O2 costs about $30 more than a Mont Blanc. After you consider all of that, everything else separating the two amps is just down to personal taste and may not reflect the quality. I don't know what the deal with NwAvGuy was, I was away from Head Fi when that stuff went down.

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #817 of 3,739
Quote:

120pcs Mont Blanc will arrive Micca in U.S next week.

Great news!  If I buy the Apple lightning to 30-pin adapter, then connect from the E12 to 30-pin, have you confirmed it will work with full function and SQ as if it was direct E12 to lightning.  Also, do you have any plans to produce E12 to lightning adapter as I believe Venturecraft offers with the GoDapX?

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #819 of 3,739
Quote:
But will those adapters use the medium quality DAC instead of the good one in the phone

confused_face.gif
I may be misunderstanding your question, but the E12 doesn't have a DAC, so you would be using the phone's DAC.

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #821 of 3,739
Quote:
Yes. But the adapter for lightning to 30 pin has its own DAC inside. I believe that doing it this way will utilize the WM88xx inside and not the believed to be higher qualitychip and internals in the iphone

Thank you for pointing that out, I was not aware.  In that case, it sounds like the ideal solution is a direct E12 to lightning cable.  I don't know if the Venturecraft cable is compatible with the E12.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #822 of 3,739
Quote:
Yes. But the adapter for lightning to 30 pin has its own DAC inside. I believe that doing it this way will utilize the WM88xx inside and not the believed to be higher qualitychip and internals in the iphone

I think that in that case you're using the iPhone 5 DAC and just getting an LOD (analog output) and not a digital output.

Jan 27, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #825 of 3,739

Are you sure that's a DAC in that cable?
That doesn't make any sense!
Could be a charge control chip or an authentication chip?

Why put a DAC in the cable if the iPhone already has a DAC in it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back