FiiO Earbuds Discussion & Impressions Thread
Sep 1, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #241 of 289
Very good to know... So far the balanced foams have worked best with not only the FiiOs (for me), but with other sets as well. They strike a great balance (hmm wonder where the name came from??? :wink:) between less, and more filtering to my ears.
I switched to some lower density VE full foams. The FiiO balanced foams concealed the top end a bit which didn't sound right to me. Just goes to show how much foams can fine tune the sound quality of earbuds.

Sep 1, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #242 of 289
I switched to some lower density VE full foams. The FiiO balanced foams concealed the top end a bit which didn't sound right to me. Just goes to show how much foams can fine tune the sound quality of earbuds.
Excellent to know. Glad I bought some VE foams as well. Thanks for testing. :) And you know, I didn't really notice as much of a difference in changing or using different foams until FiiO released the FF3 with their different foams. Then @Ronion made some measurements on his just with different foams, and I was sort of shocked at how much they can change with JUST using different foams...

Sep 27, 2023 at 10:19 PM Post #243 of 289

FIIO Detachable Cable “Drum” Type Dual-Cavity Earbuds FF3S Is Officially Released!​

1696385083572.png

Brand new texture and feel, upgraded wearing experience
The all-new FF3S comes with a build quality upgrade! The FF3S features an aluminum alloy construction with a matte finish, making for a subtle yet obviously more luxurious appearance than found on its predecessor. Another benefit of the aluminum alloy construction is the lighter weight. Each earbud of the FF3S is only 3.9g, making each earbud 52% lighter than the FF3. This will give a whole another level of comfort for longer listening sessions, especially those with ears that are very sensitive to weight.
1696385132580.png

Tethered wired headphones with untethered possibilities
0.78mm 2pin detachable cable

FIIO listened to user feedback and equipped the FF3S with a 0.78mm 2pin detachable cable, allowing users endless upgrade possibilities in enhancing their listening experience. Also, an easy-to-feel point was added to the left earbud in order to more easily distinguish between the left and right earbuds for a truly ergonomic design.
1696385144418.png

Set out and enjoy the wonders of nature
Included silicone wing hooks

Thanks to the open nature of the earbuds, the FF3S is safer and suitable for outdoor activities such as hiking or biking. Thus, standard with the FF3S are silicone wing hooks to help the earbuds stay in your ears. No matter where you go, let high fidelity music accompany you.
1696385153952.png

Robust power with energetic dynamics
14.2mm large dynamic driver

Thanks to its large 14.2mm dynamic driver, the FF3S can release more energy when playing back music to allow for a more clean and natural sound. Experience the vigorous sound of beating drums, as well as energetic dynamics in your music with the FF3S.
1696385163159.png

Naturally good sound comes from profession
Beryllium-plated dome + PU gasket diaphragm

Good sound not only comes from the size of the driver, but also from the materials it is made of. After many tests by the FIIO R&D team, a beryllium-plated dome + PU gasket dynamic driver was chosen for the FF3S. The beryllium-plated diaphragm is both highly rigid yet lightweight, reducing unwanted vibration and thus unwanted distortion. PU is used for the dynamic driver’s gasket, and its characteristics allow more detailed and textured bass. Not only does the bass come through wonderfully, mid-frequency human voices are lush and the treble also has been greatly improved – with an effective frequency range up to 17kHz. A greater effective frequency range also has the benefit of giving the impression of a larger soundstage.
8209708.jpg

* The FF3S is available on our AliExpress Official Store. Click the link below to take it home right away:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005006078629914.html

Best regards,
Guangzhou FIIO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.

Last edited:
FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 27, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #247 of 289
No, it has only been changed in material and "interchangeable cable" design.
Now THIS is listening to your customers. Thanks FiiO! 🤘😎

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:31 AM Post #248 of 289
"FIIO listened to user feedback and equipped the FF3S with a 0.78mm 2pin detachable cable, allowing users endless upgrade possibilities in enhancing their listening experience."
Now that's a really good joke...
We're talking about a specific 2pin connector that no one else but FIIO makes cables with. FIIO has a total of 2 such cables available (which in their perception is probably synonymous with the word infinity), and even those are not yet sold separately. One is 3.5mm with microphone (FF1) and the other is modular (FF3). If they don't want to make earbuds with universal 2pin connectors, at least they wouldn't have to state explicit bull in the marketing.

Sep 28, 2023 at 1:18 AM Post #249 of 289
No, it has only been changed in material and "interchangeable cable" design.
I would argue that they will indeed sound differently because of the material change. It has yet to be seen whether this is good or bad though.

FIIO listened to user feedback and equipped the FF3S with a 0.78mm 2pin detachable cable
"FIIO listened to user feedback and equipped the FF3S with a 0.78mm 2pin detachable cable, allowing users endless upgrade possibilities in enhancing their listening experience."
Now that's a really good joke...
We're talking about a specific 2pin connector that no one else but FIIO makes cables with. FIIO has a total of 2 such cables available (which in their perception is probably synonymous with the word infinity), and even those are not yet sold separately. One is 3.5mm with microphone (FF1) and the other is modular (FF3). If they don't want to make earbuds with universal 2pin connectors, at least they wouldn't have to state explicit bull in the marketing.
This was my exact thought. Changing the design was not what the customer asked for, but to simply make the cable changeable. I found that the OG FF3 didn't NEED anything else changed about it. Also, as stated above the material change will change the sound. On the earbuds thread, I don't recall ever seeing anyone complain about the weight causing fitment or comfort issues. Yes, they were indeed a bit on the heavy side, but they were balanced so well that it didn't matter. For me, the OG version fitment and comfort levels are better than any other earbuds I have owned. I get it that the request was to make the cable removeable, but FiiO took it a step further and made it proprietary.

All of this is probably moot though, because it is ONLY my thoughts, and I am only one person. I am sure that the majority of people will love the change and the new set.

Oct 10, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #250 of 289

Detachable Cable Beryllium-Plated Driver Earbuds FF1 Silver Version Is Officially Released!​

8245058.jpg

Feel the beat, FF1 silver version comes out
Whether you’re walking down the street, touring the magnificent scenery, or listening to music on a quiet night, the “Hexagonal Fighter” FF1 will provide you with high-quality music at all times. Now, the FF1 is coming with a new color, Racing silver, which will make you a new fashion fighter.
8241736.jpg

Harmonious build from head to foot
From the main body of the earbud to the cable, the FIIO FF1 racing silver is impressive in its harmonious color scheme, low-profile yet full of power and energy.

Just like FIIO’s “Sound and Form in One” design concept, the FF1 features not only authentic HiFi sound tuning, but also varieties of considerate features, such as the detachable cable, microphone with in-line controls, non-intrusive when lying on your side, so that you can accurately capture the pulse of the city and travel in the high-speed era.
8241738.jpg

Two colors available
The FF1 is available in obsidian black and racing silver, two stylish colors for you to choose from.
8245082.jpg

* The FF1 silver version is available on our AliExpress Official Store. Click the link below to take it home right away:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805765496904.html

Best regards,
Guangzhou FIIO Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Oct 11, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #252 of 289
My unboxing of FIIO FF3S
By: LOMO胖纸
Interesting looking to be sure. It looks as though FiiO changed the plastic box as well??? It looks like it is no longer one that seals when closed. I am guessing that it is sort of a "drawer" type pull-out kind of thing, from the picture you supplied?!

Not for nothing, it looks like it could double as an anti slip mat for your shower... :wink:

Do these sound just like the OG FF3? I assume they do not, being made from a different material and all.

It also looks like they kept the super stiff and tangle prone OG cable material??? I learned to deal with it on the OG model though, and don't really have much issue with it.

For my part, I am not sure I will get these or not. I still love the OG FF3 and see no real need to purchase these. Adding a removeable cable could have made that decision easier, except that it is proprietary. I can appreciate this more with the (much cheaper) FF1, but with TOTL buds I am not sure this will be received as well as FiiO had hoped, except by those that don't really care about having a detachable cable one way or another.

Don't get me wrong though, FiiO has been on a roll with some excellent buds as of late, and I have (and mostly love) all three of the contemporary models for what they are and what they are meant for.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #253 of 289
My unboxing of FIIO FF3S
By: LOMO胖纸
Your FF3s have such a great reputation that I've been eagerly awaiting the announced version with the detachable cable. However, your decision to use a proprietary cable has completely frozen my expectations. I guess that's not how any of the potential buyers envisioned it... Hopefully next time you will make a decision for the sake of the customer so that the possibility of replacing the cable makes elementary sense...

Oct 11, 2023 at 5:03 AM Post #254 of 289
Your FF3s have such a great reputation that I've been eagerly awaiting the announced version with the detachable cable. However, your decision to use a proprietary cable has completely frozen my expectations. I guess that's not how any of the potential buyers envisioned it... Hopefully next time you will make a decision for the sake of the customer so that the possibility of replacing the cable makes elementary sense...
+1

Oct 11, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #255 of 289

Users who are viewing this thread

Back