FiiO E11K &A3 Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early Impressions)
Apr 26, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #604 of 718
I never went beyond 5.5 
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #605 of 718
Yes, there is noise with no audio playing but we won't notice it while playing songs. Also noticed there is noise when I bring my fingers near the volume knob or input jack. May be the metal body is causing it. 

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #606 of 718
Yes, there is noise with no audio playing but we won't notice it while playing songs. Also noticed there is noise when I bring my fingers near the volume knob or input jack. May be the metal body is causing it. 

I have this problem with the E10 which is all metal cased like the E11k is I think. Touch the metal case near the volume control and you get this crackling. It is very bad at times when turning the volume dial on my E10. This is why I sometimes prefer these things to not be in an all metal casing like my old E11 which has never had ths isssue.

Apr 27, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #607 of 718
I have this problem with the E10 which is all metal cased like the E11k is I think. Touch the metal case near the volume control and you get this crackling. It is very bad at times when turning the volume dial on my E10. This is why I sometimes prefer these things to not be in an all metal casing like my old E11 which has never had ths isssue.

Hmm, never noticed this. What type of phones/IEMs are you using?

I'm wondering if the higher impedance of my cans might be rendering this noise unnoticeable.

Apr 28, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #608 of 718
Hmm, never noticed this. What type of phones/IEMs are you using?

I'm wondering if the higher impedance of my cans might be rendering this noise unnoticeable.

This isn't the E11k that I have, it just sounded like I'm having a similar issue with my E10 to what bobbynnd is having with the E11k.

I have the Audio Technica ATH-AD700s. They are around 32 - 35 ohms I think. Quite easy to drive.

May 18, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #611 of 718
i wish they kept the bass boost 2 switch than just rather on or off, can anyone tell me how the bass differs between the old and new model

Jun 17, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #612 of 718
Bought this amp yesterday. I have awful EMI problem with it. Using it with a phone is basically impossible if the phone is not in airplane mode. Anybody else experiencing similar problems?
PS. I agree, it needs bass boost level 2 switch :p

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #613 of 718
I primarily use it with my phone (Sony Xperia Z).  I use both EMI and over the head headphones. No problem so far. Some details like what happens when you turn off the airplane mode, which music player you are using etc may help.

Jun 27, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #615 of 718
Bought this amp yesterday. I have awful EMI problem with it. Using it with a phone is basically impossible if the phone is not in airplane mode. Anybody else experiencing similar problems?
PS. I agree, it needs bass boost level 2 switch :p

I get a bit of EMI/RFI noise only if my phone is right against the E11k AND my phone has lost / is trying to re-establish a wireless connection - such as in an elevator or on the train.

Other than that, it's dead quiet. FYI, the phone is a BlackBerry Z30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back