FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Jan 2, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #331 of 1,676
Quote:

I can confirm that both the E7 and Andes work with Windows 8 perfectly. 

"Welcome To Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet!"

I will generally post to welcome new commers to Head-Fi. Otherwise, unless it's a question, I just lurk.

Thank you for the feedback! I had Win 8 testing for a few hours a few months ago. 

Jan 2, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #332 of 1,676
Quote:

I can confirm that both the E7 and Andes work with Windows 8 perfectly. 

Thank you, I believe I shall make my purchase of the Fiio e7.
biggrin.gif

Oh by the way, does anybody know if Amazon merchants World Class Inc. or Emusic Enterprise are legit?

Jan 3, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #334 of 1,676
SO I am interested in the E07K.. BUT, it does not work as an external DAC with ipods, iphones, Galaxy Note 1, and many other devices. I really want to know, what does it work with other than laptops and Note 2 / S3 then?

On a second front, what would be a portable DAC which would work on most smart phones/ipods/iphones/etc ? 

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #335 of 1,676
Quote:
Thank you, I believe I shall make my purchase of the Fiio e7.
biggrin.gif

Oh by the way, does anybody know if Amazon merchants World Class Inc. or Emusic Enterprise are legit?

They are not authorized dealers. There does not seem to be any fake E07K's on the market(or even e17's yet) but a authorized seller will be able to provide support if your unit has problems now or in the future.

Authorized dealers in the U.S offer free shipping. 
Quote:
Panda Man where ya at?

I'm guessing this wall tap will work in charging the E07k?  I use it with my a couple of my DAPs (Sansa, iDevices).

Not sure what that thing in the back is but it should work. The E07K does not use a lot of power to charge.

Keep in mind that the quality of that charger can be important. FiiO usually says to use your legit(not fake) Apple chargers if you have them or a computer but most of those wall chargers shouldn't have any problem.

Some of those wall chargers charge fast. Not a problem but theoretically, a faster charge will lead to a shorter battery life in the long run. But hey, if you baby your device, you will never use it.
Quote:
SO I am interested in the E07K.. BUT, it does not work as an external DAC with ipods, iphones, Galaxy Note 1, and many other devices. I really want to know, what does it work with other than laptops and Note 2 / S3 then?

On a second front, what would be a portable DAC which would work on most smart phones/ipods/iphones/etc ? 

Answered in PM.

It has been confirmed by a few to work with iPad (non lightning version) with CCK. But for iPods and iPhones. No, it will not work as DAC. It will work with some Android phones as DAC though as some have confirmed. How it will use as DAC will depend on crowd testing. IT is not a FiiO supported feature, but an extra that isn't supported but you can do.

Fostex HP-P1
Vmoda VAMP(iphone 4/4s only)
CLAS
That new Sony one.

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #336 of 1,676
Weird, because at this point, why would someone get a portable AMP/DAC, and not just an AMP is the hardware support like for the DAC is very limited and random. It kills the purpose IMO. I realize that its the device (ipod/Note/etc) not supporting the E07K and not vice versa, but there must be a way to support external and portable DACs more widely...? Or maybe not. 

The HP-P1 is mentally crazy expensive just as an external DAC, I dont care how good it is :) A good pair of headphones will make a much better difference.. 

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #338 of 1,676
Quote:
Weird, because at this point, why would someone get a portable AMP/DAC, and not just an AMP is the hardware support like for the DAC is very limited and random. It kills the purpose IMO. I realize that its the device (ipod/Note/etc) not supporting the E07K and not vice versa, but there must be a way to support external and portable DACs more widely...? Or maybe not. 

The HP-P1 is mentally crazy expensive just as an external DAC, I dont care how good it is :) A good pair of headphones will make a much better difference.. 

Think of it this way, you are out with your E07K, and then you get a call that you need to go to France. Guess what, while the e07K is mostly used as amp while on the go, it can be used as a portable desktop audio station.

You bring your ipod and E07K with you on the train and airplane and when you arrive at your grandma's or hotel. You just pop the E07K off or flip your device around, plug a USB in and BOOM. Portable desktop setup.

Remember, target audience is everything/.
Quote:
Thanks Panda Man,
It's just a wall tap (surge protector) with three outlets and usb charger. The black thing is just something plugged into it for the pic.
Yes, it charges my Sansa devices quick indeed.

I pretty much use anything. I always make not of theoretical battery stuff in case some are interested in knowing. Personally, I want to use my device. Not care that its life will be lessened by that much more.

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #339 of 1,676
Makes sense Panda, it is even more helpful for people without an external sound card. I actually have an external sound card on my PC (desktop), but none for my laptop, so the E07K could be used for the laptop as well. 

Thanks for your answers!

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #340 of 1,676
Quote:
Makes sense Panda, it is even more helpful for people without an external sound card. I actually have an external sound card on my PC (desktop), but none for my laptop, so the E07K could be used for the laptop as well. 

Thanks for your answers!

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet"

You're Welcome.

And hey, who knows, it may even be better than your desktop sound card. 

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #342 of 1,676
Quote:

Thanks for your answers!

THIS.

I wanted the E07K for use with both my home PC and my Netbook.  Both have not so great internal DACs.  So far I have been VERY happy with the Andes.  It works great for me. 

Though, would be great if it worked with my S3 without running any other 3rd party apps.

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #343 of 1,676
Yes my Clip is RB'd. I've read that too about it being at 0db it becomes a line out, doesn't need to be RB'd, but I don't believe it is a true line out.

Just got my iPOD today and through some music on it. While using the E07k through my laptop via USB the volume max is 40 and it sounds great, but via the L9 LOD I have to turn it up to 45 and it doesn't seem to have the same sound as it does via my laptop USB. Is this b/c its going through the AUX input from the L9?

Not to say the sound is horrible but I can easily hear the difference. Also since I'm new to iPOD Touch I didn't check the EQ setting, not sure what its set at by default and I'm at work now. 

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #344 of 1,676
Quote:
Yes my Clip is RB'd. I've read that too about it being at 0db it becomes a line out, doesn't need to be RB'd, but I don't believe it is a true line out.

Just got my iPOD today and through some music on it. While using the E07k through my laptop via USB the volume max is 40 and it sounds great, but via the L9 LOD I have to turn it up to 45 and it doesn't seem to have the same sound as it does via my laptop USB. Is this b/c its going through the AUX input from the L9?

Not to say the sound is horrible but I can easily hear the difference. Also since I'm new to iPOD Touch I didn't check the EQ setting, not sure what its set at by default and I'm at work now. 

Laptop with USB into E07K uses E07K as DAC and amp. Ipod with LOD and E07K uses iPod DAC and E07K amp.

So yes it sounds different.

At default it is at flat. No EQ setting, synthetic pre amp boost etc.

Jan 4, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #345 of 1,676
^OK that's what I was thinking on both things.

I'll have to give it more of a listen, I can easily hear the difference though between the iPOD DAC and E07K DAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back