Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Impressions Thread
Nov 20, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #61 of 353
Waiting for your "after burn-in" impressions H20Fidelity.
popcorn.gif

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #62 of 353
What would you say if I told you.....

A71 are the best dual dynamic driver I've heard? Wouldn't be far from the truth. Now, there's still a bit of mid-bass but it's quite tight and actually accompanying the presentation. If you want my honest opinion, A71 sounds much like a TF10 in note weight that powerfull push they have, but in this instance the mid-range is forward instead of recessed. It's quite a thick full sounding mid-range but well detailed and higher in clarity.

Now the not so good news. They also feel very much (uncanny) to wearing TF10. The way the housings fit , guides etc, even the length of the housing containing the dual dynamic drivers. So keep that in mind.

Atm these are 100% H20 approved!

You guys can wait for Brooko to chime in soon are just drop that $100 and live the A71 dream. The price to performance ratio is high just like A83.

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #63 of 353
What would you say if I told you.....

A71 are the best dual dynamic driver I've heard? Wouldn't be far from the truth. Now, there's still a bit of mid-bass but it's quite tight and actually accompanying the presentation. If you want my honest opinion, A71 sounds much like a TF10 in note weight that powerfull push they have, but in this instance the mid-range is forward instead of recessed. It's quite a thick full sounding mid-range but well detailed and higher in clarity.

Now the not so good news. They also feel very much (uncanny) to wearing TF10. The way the housings fit , guides etc, even the length of the housing containing the dual dynamic drivers. So keep that in mind.

Atm these are 100% H20 approved!

You guys can wait for Brooko to chime in soon are just drop that $100 and live the A71 dream. The price to performance ratio is high just like A83.

Do I detect a Fidue fan? :p
You are loving dem Fidue products

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #64 of 353
Brief listening - and I really liked what I heard.

Won't get anything in depth from me until next week.  Have my ears full of RHA T10i at the moment - as I need to get a review out on these early next week.

After that I'll tackle the A71.  And I can tell you from a brief listen, I am looking forward to the pleasure .....

UPDATE : 10th Dec (almost 3 weeks later)

First impressions can be very deceiving.  My review will be posted some time in the next day or so. The A71 are very warm. Some will like this.  I don't.  I'm finding that they have a beautiful mid-range, but a lot of what I'm hearing is dulled/masked by the warmth and bass.  Detail is so hard to hear.  Contrast between lows and highs is missing. I've loved every Fidue I've heard so far - but not these.

Too bassy, too smooth, and for me they are like a smudged window to the music. Too much is missing through the cloying warmth.

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #65 of 353
  Do I detect a Fidue fan? :p
You are loving dem Fidue products

I guess I could type up some distraction comment about if a company comes along with capable products I'm going to tell you about them. Then continue to de-heighten the situation swaying the topic away from my attention you caused.

Or, I could simply say.....

You. Know. It. Boi!

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #67 of 353
Bass speed? Sub-bass quantity?

Definitely on the faster side, the bass is more mid-bass focused than sub-bass however.  It's what I'd call a decent quantity, again a little like TF10 (in quantity)

There's just enough decay so it doesn't become to boomy or cloudy.

Because of the dual dynamic drivers. (10mm bass / 6.8mm mids/highs + crossover) it's going to keep quite clean right through.

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #68 of 353

I guess I could type up some distraction comment about if a company comes along with capable products I'm going to tell you about them. Then continue to de-heighten the situation swaying the topic away from my attention you caused.

Or, I could simply say.....

You. Know. It. Boi!

:)
This is what I want to hear!

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #73 of 353
Sorry for the delay boys, this time for sure I will try to finish my full review by Sunday/Monday.

Been away for work quite a lot in the last fortnight, hence the lack of updates.

But yes, fear not, just like H20 said, this is, hands down, by miles away, the BEST dual-dynamic I've heard - close to reference sound, superb clarity and especially phenomenal presentation.

The fit is a bit touch and go for me, but I know for sure that for those of you with smaller ears/canal, you won't have any problem whatsoever, should fits snug and seal well.

Everytime I put this in my ear, I can't stop thinking "...what, this only cost $100?...my goodness..." 
L3000.gif

Anyway, I'm sure seasoned professional audiophile @H20Fidelity and @Brooko will rave about these is due time, well, H20 has been...
wink_face.gif

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #74 of 353
  I'm curious about a dual dynamic shootout: A71 vs B3P1 vs T1-e!  GO!!!

I have both A71 and B3P1 at the moment (and I know H20 does too 
wink_face.gif
...) - they are quite different, with some similarity, overall, I do prefer A71, to me, A71 stands out from the midrange/vocal aspect, centred, and intimate vocal, with all the instruments and bass surround it, really feels like being in a live concert, B3P1 in comparison, sounds like it has a less natural timbre, and too airy sometimes. Bass wise A71 hands down, while treble is pretty similar between the two.

Fit wise, A71 is definitely harder to fit in prefectly, require a lot of bending the memory wire, and tip rolling, whereas B3P1 is easier to fit

Nov 21, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #75 of 353
I shouldn't be here. I don't need any more iems to be interested in. Subbed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back