Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Impressions Thread
Nov 11, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #31 of 353
Anyone have these and also had the IM70?? Interested to hear the opinion on the stage size, speed, and mids/vocals differences between them.

Nov 11, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #32 of 353
Sorry for the lack of update, I was away most of the last 1.5 weeks because of work.

But yeah, mid-bass settled a lot after burn in, now there is a perfect balance between mid and sub bass, and the bass is pretty quick too for DD. Just like A83, bass is there when called upon.

Superb imaging, ultra wide soundstage though depth is OK, so yeah just like Danny said, it's like being at a live concert.

Brilliant midrange/vocal clarity, I mean, never heard this good at the $100 level, and midrange/vocal is more on the analytical side, not the thicker side ala DN1k. Not as airy mids as KC06, it's more centred 

Treble is warm and smooth, so far clean of sibilance/peaks, s sounds like s, not 'ch'

I don't like the fit generally, barrel with memory wire is not for people with big and deep canal, but I can imagine will be prefect for smaller canal people. Tip rolling is a bit challenging too, due to the surface of the nozzle.

My detailed review will be done by the weekend, but yeah basically to summarise, I can't believe that the MSRP is only $100

beerchug.gif

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #35 of 353
Ooh, sounds nice @djvkool. Thanks for the impressions regarding sound and fit. I have small ears and like double dynamics. Maybe you could post some comparisons to other double dynamics like B3 and T1-E?

I have not heard T1-E, but A71 sounds a little more alive and has more energy, B3 sounds a little boring in comparison

Apart from that, B3 is more airy overall, and have much greater soundstage depth, width is about the same.

Bass and clarity, B3 is not even close to matching A71, feeds it the right source, and great fit/seal (which could be challenging for some), it will reward you, I was listening to Frank Sinatra's 'Duet' album this morning just before work, and felt like I was actually amongst the audience...

Nov 16, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #43 of 353
I just started with IEM, and I am seriously considering this A71 after having about 3 days of listening to its less costly A63 sibling :)

Any impressions from the folks in this thread are always much appreciated, especially what brand and model of replacement tips to get. I only have one thing in mind to better my experience with my A63, that is, a better set of tips. Though whenever I get a good seal the sound I get is very enjoyable - nice mids and decent bass - the slightest movement of my head means I have to adjust it again :frowning2:

For now, I trust the A71 to deliver a step up in terms of SQ. But the fit of my A63 leaves a wide breadth for me to make a leap of faith :) Not yet.

I use this with my X3 and X1.

Nov 16, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #45 of 353
My A71 is arriving this week, just taking a trip from Western Australia to New South Wales. (sorry for the delay)

By mid week I can chime in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back