Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Mar 28, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #2,897 of 6,413
Quote:
Werent these supposed to come out in Jan? Its almost April...

Please read the thread or check out the Aurisonics Facebook page.

Basics:
  1. Custom part for a bass valve delayed orders as they didn't want to go too out of order when fulfilling orders. (ASG-2's that included bass valve)
  2. People have been getting their IEM's and CIEM's.
  3. Apparently people have been receiving notices via email with an apology for the delays
  4. Overall those that have received their IEM's or CIEM's have been quite happy (from what I can tell)

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #2,898 of 6,413
Quote:
Werent these supposed to come out in Jan? Its almost April...

Yes, they're late.  But the products we've been receiving are very nice. This is not atypical for new product launches from small companies, especially when the new product involves new suppliers or new processes.  

Mar 29, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #2,900 of 6,413
Quote:
Glad to hear people are being informed about waits

Quote:

Just a little reminder to anyone in the NY area. Their will be a Head-Fi meet up on April 20th in Babylon, NY (Long Island) and it will be the very first Head-Fi Meet up that Aurisonics will be attending. It should be a great opportunity to try out all their different models and talk to the person(s) behind the product. http://www.head-fi.org/t/634922/official-ny-regional-spring-meet-april-20-2013

Yes we will be there so if anyone wants to come out and ask questions and listen to our products that would be a great opportunity to do so. We look forward to attending.

Mar 29, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #2,901 of 6,413
Quote:
So if some can please clarify, there will be exchnge option for anyone that has asg-1.2 to 1.3 at a cost of course that we just send back to Aurisonics and they modify/change and send back to me. I have just brought my 1.2's only two weeks ago here in Australia and would now be keen to hsve the latest version without having to purchase another pair.

Rev 1.3 is major overhaul. We have a special program for upgrades coming. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, those wanting to upgrade from ASG-1 to ASG-2 will be taken care of first then we will roll out the upgrade program for existing ASG-1 owners to rev 1.3. We will not be rolling either program out until all current orders have shipped which is happening quickly now that we are in full on build mode after waiting on some key parts. Thank you for your patience. We look forward to more and more comments on this thread as people get the AS-2 customs and the ASG-2 as well as the Rev 1.3 ASG-1.

Mar 30, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #2,903 of 6,413
Well, I've had my AS2 since Monday and burned in about 50hrs.  At first, I didn't have them inserted correctly, (they sounded distant and zero treble) and with Andy's help got it right.   My current fav,the sony 7550, which if you are not familiar, are considered a monitor, very flat, and many consider comparative to the ex1000 without the treble spike.   With that being said, I fell in love with the AS2 until I started noticing a lack of openness in the highs, and then when I compared to my 7550 big issues were presented.   Despite the huge difference in sensitivity, at 9 with my Studio V on the AS2 is 14 or 15 on my 7550, I notice what may be considered a timbre difference.  So far with the song Graceland and a Celtic non-vocal song, I am hearing better timbre with both voice and string instruments on the 7550.   It seems that the AS2 mids and highs are darker, like several notches in treble lower than the 7550, which takes air and presence, or openness away from strings and voices.   While the 7550 is more mid-forward than the AS2, right now I like its timbre better.

Mar 30, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #2,904 of 6,413
Quote:
Well, I've had my AS2 since Monday and burned in about 50hrs.  At first, I didn't have them inserted correctly, (they sounded distant and zero treble) and with Andy's help got it right.   My current fav,the sony 7550, which if you are not familiar, are considered a monitor, very flat, and many consider comparative to the ex1000 without the treble spike.   With that being said, I fell in love with the AS2 until I started noticing a lack of openness in the highs, and then when I compared to my 7550 big issues were presented.   Despite the huge difference in sensitivity, at 9 with my Studio V on the AS2 is 14 or 15 on my 7550, I notice what may be considered a timbre difference.  So far with the song Graceland and a Celtic non-vocal song, I am hearing better timbre with both voice and string instruments on the 7550.   It seems that the AS2 mids and highs are darker, like several notches in treble lower than the 7550, which takes air and presence, or openness away from strings and voices.   While the 7550 is more mid-forward than the AS2, right now I like its timbre better.

Wow, that's quite the opposite of every other impression so far. I remember Flysweep and shotgunshane raving about the treble.

Mar 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #2,905 of 6,413
Maybe I got bad tweeters!!!LOL!!   I do feel the end way back in my ear, so they're jammed in!!  Plus, I'm very sensitive to treble, like after going to the 262 I couldn't go back to my GR07's cause they were too bright!!  The 7550's just seemed a step up to me from the 262 with bigger sound/bass etc. but not brighter so that it bothered me!   The bass is huge and awesome on the AS2, so I should have a good seal, at least when in properly and there's a good seal with my universals the bass is great.

Mar 30, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #2,906 of 6,413
Did you happen to adjust the bass port on the AS-2's in an attempt to fix your fitting problem at first? You might have thrown off a bit of balance to your set
Quote:
Maybe I got bad tweeters!!!LOL!!   I do feel the end way back in my ear, so they're jammed in!!  Plus, I'm very sensitive to treble, like after going to the 262 I couldn't go back to my GR07's cause they were too bright!!  The 7550's just seemed a step up to me from the 262 with bigger sound/bass etc. but not brighter so that it bothered me!   The bass is huge and awesome on the AS2, so I should have a good seal, at least when in properly and there's a good seal with my universals the bass is great.

Mar 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #2,907 of 6,413
I didn't take it apart, to get to the bass port.   The fit issue was just not pushing them in enuff, now I can actually slightly feel the tip way inside my ear.   I did speak with Andy when I made the initial order about my sensitivity to brightness and he offered to make adjustments as needed after I got them, but only if needed.   Which was very nice of him to offer!!   I'm assuming that no changes were made before I got them, I'll double check with him on Monday.  

Mar 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #2,908 of 6,413
Bass port is accessible when the AS-2 is out of your ear, I hope that's what you meant. You don't need to take the AS-2's apart to adjust the bass
Quote:
I didn't take it apart, to get to the bass port.   The fit issue was just not pushing them in enuff, now I can actually slightly feel the tip way inside my ear.   I did speak with Andy when I made the initial order about my sensitivity to brightness and he offered to make adjustments as needed after I got them, but only if needed.   Which was very nice of him to offer!!   I'm assuming that no changes were made before I got them, I'll double check with him on Monday.  

It sounds like Andy was wanting to deliver you the same product as everyone else is getting as if you got something adjusted to your concerns and never heard the original tuning, you might make unwarranted comments about the sound if they didnt get it right. While it sucks you need to send them back it's better this way as they can more accurately adjust them now that you've heard how they are. With the old dynamic driver I had felt the treble region to be quite open and airy. But everyone hears different and it it a new driver

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #2,909 of 6,413
Andy told me Friday that to access the screw to adjust the bass I would need to take it apart.   Since you seem to know everything about them and are defending them against every negative comment or concern then perhaps you need to discuss that with him or become a paid member of their staff.    I think its sad that a member of Headfi has to respond to every members concern as though its personal and like they are responsible for every members' reaction.

Mar 30, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #2,910 of 6,413
I'm not trying to defend them. I'm merely curious the situation under which you make your claims as they are unlike anyone elses thus far. I also was trying to help. But I think their is a communication error involved. Their are only two bass ports and seeing as you have AS-2's that means their actually is only 1 possible port you have. It's accessed from the side that is in your ear. The new port available on the ASG-2's is accessible from the outside, which is why Andy might have specified something to you that got confused. All AS-2's have a bass port you adjust with a supplied tool. Unless you ask for no port to be installed, In which case I guess you wouldn't have one. The whole point of the adjustable bass port is that owners like us can adjust it. 

Sorry if I come off strong, I'm merely a member of Head-Fi that feels a great sense of community and when someone says something like what you've said, I try to help them out if I can and/or point them in the right direction. 
Quote:
Andy told me Friday that to access the screw to adjust the bass I would need to take it apart.   Since you seem to know everything about them and are defending them against every negative comment or concern then perhaps you need to discuss that with him or become a paid member of their staff.    I think its sad that a member of Headfi has to respond to every members concern as though its personal and like they are responsible for every members' reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back