Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Mar 24, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #2,881 of 6,413
ASG-2 shipping not sooner then in two weeks... Man, this waiting is killing me...

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #2,882 of 6,413
sorry off topic, I just got the XM5 and the ASG-1.2s go very very well with it, much more then my MKII, and I really though that the MKII had great synergy with the ASGs? I am wanting to try the 1.3 version, I haven't heard back from Andy yet on the upgrade process? if it is anything like the my 1.2 upgrade? I see SpringTree offers the 1.3 upgrade, I will have to give them a call, these 1.2s are really sounding very awesome atm, now I have to hear the 1.3s, will let you all know what there is to hear about them, let alone the ASG-2s! I will read very shortly here how awesome they sound!

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #2,883 of 6,413
[size=medium]As soon as all the current orders we have in (including those from our dealers) are shipped we will announce the upgrade program for the ASG series. Most dealers who have received product from us within the last month have Rev 1.3 of the ASG-1. No dealers will be offering the upgrade program as it will come directly from us. We will roll out an upgrade program from the ASG-1 to the ASG-2 first then the ASG-(any) to Rev 1.3. Rev 1.3 is a major overhaul.[/size]

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #2,884 of 6,413
Quote:
[size=medium]As soon as all the current orders we have in (including those from our dealers) are shipped we will announce the upgrade program for the ASG series. Most dealers who have received product from us within the last month have Rev 1.3 of the ASG-1. No dealers will be offering the upgrade program as it will come directly from us. We will roll out an upgrade program from the ASG-1 to the ASG-2 first then the ASG-(any) to Rev 1.3. Rev 1.3 is a major overhaul.[/size]

^^ 

Most exciting news this week :D!

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #2,885 of 6,413
Good to see things are progressively moving forward. Can't wait to read all of the reports about what a treat for the ears it is to hear the AS-2/ASG-2. Be prepared for a sonic ear massage! Happy listening!

Mar 25, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #2,886 of 6,413
Quote:

cool, sounds good, makes sense, the line forms over there, lol, thanks for the input, I will look forward to giving them all a listen, you have my curiosity really peaked for the 1.3s now!

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #2,887 of 6,413
Quote:

So does the upgrade from the ASG-1 to ASG-2 include the rev 1.3 changes?

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #2,888 of 6,413
Yes and no. I believe the rev 1.3 changes include a new nozzle angle, new driver and new tips. So yes, both the 1.3 and ASG-2 will have both these things but if you were to upgrade a unit from ASG-1.2 to ASG-2 then it's not gonna be considered ASG-2 rev 1.3....it's just gonna be the ASG-2.
Quote:
So does the upgrade from the ASG-1 to ASG-2 include the rev 1.3 changes?

I think what they meant to say is ASG-1 (any revision) to the ASG-1.3. 

Mar 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #2,889 of 6,413
Quote:
Yes and no. I believe the rev 1.3 changes include a new nozzle angle, new driver and new tips. So yes, both the 1.3 and ASG-2 will have both these things but if you were to upgrade a unit from ASG-1.2 to ASG-2 then it's not gonna be considered ASG-2 rev 1.3....it's just gonna be the ASG-2.

You forgot also the changes in the shell - if I remember, the bump area is cut down quite a bit and the shell might also be a bit smaller.

Mar 27, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #2,890 of 6,413
Indeed, you are right, but the same idea applies, you aren't gonna call an ASG-2 an ASG-2 v1.3
Quote:
You forgot also the changes in the shell - if I remember, the bump area is cut down quite a bit and the shell might also be a bit smaller.

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #2,891 of 6,413
I along with others I am sure got an e-mail from Andy at Aurisonics. An apology for the lengthy wait and lack of communication. In this e-mail he states that Aurisonics is due to ship the ASG-2s in the next couple weeks. So looks like ASG-2 pre-order sales will be in our ears by mid April if all goes well.

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #2,892 of 6,413
Glad to hear people are being informed about waits

Quote:
I along with others I am sure got an e-mail from Andy at Aurisonics. An apology for the lengthy wait and lack of communication. In this e-mail he states that Aurisonics is due to ship the ASG-2s in the next couple weeks. So looks like ASG-2 pre-order sales will be in our ears by mid April if all goes well.

Just a little reminder to anyone in the NY area. Their will be a Head-Fi meet up on April 20th in Babylon, NY (Long Island) and it will be the very first Head-Fi Meet up that Aurisonics will be attending. It should be a great opportunity to try out all their different models and talk to the person(s) behind the product. http://www.head-fi.org/t/634922/official-ny-regional-spring-meet-april-20-2013

Mar 28, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #2,893 of 6,413
So if some can please clarify, there will be exchnge option for anyone that has asg-1.2 to 1.3 at a cost of course that we just send back to Aurisonics and they modify/change and send back to me. I have just brought my 1.2's only two weeks ago here in Australia and would now be keen to hsve the latest version without having to purchase another pair.

Mar 28, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #2,894 of 6,413
Their will be an upgrade program, but you might have the new model already. Try emailing Aurisonics or the retailer you bought them from to confirm which type you bought
Quote:
So if some can please clarify, there will be exchnge option for anyone that has asg-1.2 to 1.3 at a cost of course that we just send back to Aurisonics and they modify/change and send back to me. I have just brought my 1.2's only two weeks ago here in Australia and would now be keen to hsve the latest version without having to purchase another pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back