Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jan 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #2,551 of 6,413
Every time I see this thread bumped , I hope it's about the upgrade, and every time I'm left disappointed. And now I am part of the problem lol

Jan 22, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #2,552 of 6,413
Things are probably going to be announced at the launch, whatever the program is gonna be is not just for us head-fi members, so it's gonna show up on their facebook page or someplace else first if not before here.
Quote:
Every time I see this thread bumped , I hope it's about the upgrade, and every time I'm left disappointed. And now I am part of the problem lol

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #2,554 of 6,413
I see that vocalist won a pair of the AS-2s. Lucky dude!

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #2,556 of 6,413
... I don't know anyone here personally man lol my mistake

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #2,559 of 6,413
Quote:
I've got the 1.2 version. Running it through poweramp on my note 2. It has a pretty awesome equalizer built into it so was hoping for a detailed EQ.

eke2k6 posted this a while back, you might try it out:

Here, try this EQ out: 2000 Hz : +1.5 dB. 4000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 5000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 8000 Hz : +2.0 dB. 12000 Hz : +5.0 dB 16000 Hz : +5.5 dB.

Let me know what you think. Also, check if you have any EQ setting already enabled on your players that may be interfering with the ASG-1.

and tinyman392 posted this one:

I forgot that on iOS 6 B2, EQu works!  That said, I did play around with the EQ a bit to add a bit of sweetness to these, but also increase treble and detail.  IDK what everyone else is using for EQ, but here's mine (on EQu):

Don't hate on the song :p
 ​
That show, here's the EQ settings (10 bands):
  1. 32 Hz  : -4.0 dB
  2. 64 Hz  : -0.6 dB
  3. 128 Hz:  0.0 dB (if possible, don't place a node here)
  4. 250 Hz:  0.0 dB
  5. 500 Hz: +0.1 dB
  6. 1 kHz  : +1.5 dB
  7. 2 kHz  : +3.0 dB (if "Shoutyness" occurs, lower to 2.5 or 2 dB or until your personal "shoutyness" "cap" is reached)
  8. 4 kHz  :  0.0 dB
  9. 8 kHz  : +2.0 dB
  10. 16 kHz: +2.0 dB

If you listen to the vocals, you'll hear what I call sweetness or energy mainly due to the bump in the 1-4 kHz region.  The lowering of the sub-bass is to control it a bit and make the sound more punchy.  Increase in treble is self explanatory.  Now, this EQ works well for me, does add the sweetness I need, I wish it had it by default...  Reason being that EQu drains my battery like you wouldn't believe :frowning2:  With that said, I'm going to stop using the EQ and use something that is less processor intensive...  the stock music app (which means no EQ :frowning2:).  That spike is something that is needed in my book to add sweetness and shoutyness.  Even if it's just a 2-2.5 dB bump.  

Jan 22, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #2,560 of 6,413
Quote:
... I don't know anyone here personally man lol my mistake

No worries at all 
beerchug.gif

I was lucky enough to have a chance to order the AS-2's during the sale and then found out I won the ASG-2 which just makes me feel extremely lucky and grateful.  I am still trying to sell some things to make up for it (AS-2) and haven't even opened the set of iem's I had to have replaced (warranty).

I keep checking my email like a crazy person hoping for a ship date but I'm really not expecting to hear anything for a few more weeks - especially with NAMM and how many orders I'm sure they received during the sale.  The contest did give me a chance to pay it forward and I gave one of my sets of iem's to my nephew who's really into music. I feel like one of the best things about music is sharing it with others, right?  

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #2,561 of 6,413
Lucky nephew. :D So are you giving him the ASG-2 or another pair?

And yeah, one of the things I like about universals is sharing the sound with others. I can't do that with the ES5.

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #2,562 of 6,413
Quote:
Lucky nephew.
biggrin.gif
So are you giving him the ASG-2 or another pair?

And yeah, one of the things I like about universals is sharing the sound with others. I can't do that with the ES5.

I gave him one of my other universal pairs.  In all honesty I figured there might be times when I really want/need the custom and others where I'd prefer the universal.  He's not quite old enough that I'd be willing to give him something like the ASG-2 just yet 
wink_face.gif

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #2,564 of 6,413
Yea, launch is at NAMM. That's in California, it's still Jan 22 there. http://www.namm.org/ they have a countdown on their site
Quote:
Is it still getting released tomorrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back