Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jan 18, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #2,521 of 6,413
Just wait till people start getting the ASG-2...I predict it'll be the new FOTM that lasts
Quote:
Dont worry Kenman, You have done heaps to turn peoples attention to the AS2.......

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #2,523 of 6,413
I'm sure there will be a good following, but I think the $500 price point is going to scare a lot of people away.

I believe the Heir 4ai was the flavor for some time even at $400. An extra $100 shouldn't be too much of a stress. But man those gold plates make it seem so rich (as2)...if only it was solid XD

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #2,524 of 6,413
Quote:
I believe the Heir 4ai was the flavor for some time even at $400. An extra $100 shouldn't be too much of a stress. But man those gold plates make it seem so rich (as2)...if only it was solid XD

I'd think solid gold plates would make the IEMs a bit heavy :p  LOL, I could be wrong though :wink:  

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #2,526 of 6,413
Quote:
I just wanna know what this "special" upgrade deal is already!

Be patient, it'll come when it's ready :p  I'm sure you're not the only one waiting for this upgrade deal :wink:  I'm curious to what it is too :)

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #2,527 of 6,413
I know, it's just so difficult being patient when my customs are being re-shelled and 3 days overdue, and the ASG 1 are my only other iems! 
triportsad.gif

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #2,528 of 6,413
Originally Posted by EveTan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

FWIW, I had the 4.A (which I sold about a month or so ago).. going off memory, the AS-2 demo/prototype/whatever I heard (in July of 2012) smoked it.  I've forgotten some of the nuances of the AS-2, but it was impressive enough that it made lasting impression on me.  Both phones favor a largely neutral signature.. but the AS-2 prototype/demo's technicalities were far more impressive to me.  The 4.A was a custom fit & the AS-2 was a generic custom, too.. so the AS-2 actually was at a disadvantage in terms of fitment.

Dale's mentioned the AS/G-2 now features a new, built-from-scratch dynamic driver, too.  Personally speaking, I'd be more than confident using my experience to conclude the ASG-2 will be a better performing monitor than the 4.Ai (personal sound preferences aside, of course).

The build on my 4.A was sublime, though.  Heir's artistic capabilities are second to none.

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #2,529 of 6,413
Solid Gold is somewhat malleable and heavy. Wouldn't be as awesome as you think. But the coating is actually quite thick for it being gold plated. 
Quote:

I'd think solid gold plates would make the IEMs a bit heavy :p  LOL, I could be wrong though :wink:  

Yes, the new dynamic driver kicks butt. Dale knows what he's doing and having been one of the select few (that I know of) that's heard both drivers, please trust me. I believe we had a chat about what you were hearing when you had the demo unit with what I have in the AS-2's and we concluded it was pretty similar respectively for their setup (custom vs generic). I think you'll find with the AS-2's or ASG-2's using this new driver are gonna take your music to another level past what you heard with the demo unit. I get goosebumps thinking how epic my AS-2's will be when they eventually get sent in for an upgrade of sorts. My AS-1's are hopelessly addicting these days. 
Quote:

FWIW, I had the 4.A (which I sold about a month or so ago).. going off memory, the AS-2 demo/prototype/whatever I heard (in July of 2012) smoked it.  I've forgotten some of the nuances of the AS-2, but it was impressive enough that it made lasting impression on me.  Both phones favor a largely neutral signature.. but the AS-2 prototype/demo's technicalities were far more impressive to me.  The 4.A was a custom fit & the AS-2 was a generic custom, too.. so the AS-2 actually was at a disadvantage in terms of fitment.

Dale's mentioned the AS/G-2 now features a new, built-from-scratch dynamic driver, too.  Personally speaking, I'd be more than confident using my experience to conclude the ASG-2 will be a better performing monitor than the 4.Ai (personal sound preferences aside, of course).

The build on my 4.A was sublime, though.  Heir's artistic capabilities are second to none.

Jan 19, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #2,530 of 6,413
FWIW, I had the 4.A (which I sold about a month or so ago).. going off memory, the AS-2 demo/prototype/whatever I heard (in July of 2012) smoked it.  I've forgotten some of the nuances of the AS-2, but it was impressive enough that it made lasting impression on me.  Both phones favor a largely neutral signature.. but the AS-2 prototype/demo's technicalities were far more impressive to me.  
The 4.A was a custom fit & the AS-2 was a generic custom, too.. so the AS-2 actually was at a disadvantage in terms of fitment.

Thanks for that. As if I couldn't be more amped for the ASG-2 to start shipping. :D

Jan 19, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #2,531 of 6,413
Quote:

Ooo dang, that does sound quite alluring. I just ordered the Frogbeats C4 so I'm fresh out of cash. Maybe I should have taken the As2 when they had their one day sale ^^. Although I understand why, I still couldn't justify a purchase with the default being frosted and the polished version to be an extra $400 :). Although it would be nice...

Oh, but if you do get a gold/polished version, it's justifiable as investing in precious metals XD. 

Jan 21, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #2,534 of 6,413
Im with anoxy, as I too would go for the AS 2 if polished came standard.
Maybe its just me but to my eyes the frosted one kinda reminds me of some sort of hearing aides....in the pics of them anyway...
Shame as these from what people have said ....could be some seriously good customs.

Jan 21, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #2,535 of 6,413
Someone said a while back that it is extremely easy to polish them yourself with a nail polisher or something like that. It's earlier in the thread. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back