Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Nov 24, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #2,026 of 6,413
yes, back to impressions reviews and discussions. Who's excited about the ASG-2's. I can't wait to get a set so I can finally let my friends hear a bit of what I get to listen to every day. Seriously, I love my AS-2's, gonna buy a set of ASG-2's just to show them off to my friends and get them to buy a set. 
Quote:
Anyways, my apologies for derailing the thread. That was never my intention. 

Despite my poor words, I just received a very courteous message from Dale, dispelling the gripes I mentioned earlier.

Back to Aurisonics impressions, reviews, and discussions....

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #2,027 of 6,413
Quote:
...He's the only one in the industry offering up semi-precious metals in his customs without offering basic artwork...

Might I remind everyone that Aurisonics is just under 1.5 years old. This stuff takes time to set up. Anyways we might be seeing some stuff real soon.

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #2,029 of 6,413
Amen brother. Amen
Quote:

Not complaining at all.  I felt a little cheeky even asking, but if I could get a rebate I was going to spend that money on a cosmetic upgrade.  I really love the look of the stealth.  Chrome plates are awesome too, but it's not really my thing.

I don't understand people complaining about not having art work on the customs.  Just because everyone else does, doesn't mean that Aurisonics has to.  They are doing something unique and really awesome that no one else is really doing.  1964 ears comes closest by offering a mirrored plate, but thats not really the same thing.  These are the most incredible looking customization options that any iem company is offering.

I'll post pictures of my Stealth AS-1's when I get them. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #2,030 of 6,413
Jpmilner. There options are beautiful but to say they are most incredible is a silly statement. They have 4 options that are great but expensive and the awesome variety of Heir is just amazing. But it not for me to say Heir is more "incredible" but there would be more justification of that. Aurisonics offer some innovative in designs which should be applauded and not moaned about but it's wrong to say it's the best.

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #2,032 of 6,413
Jpmilner. There options are beautiful but to say they are most incredible is a silly statement. They have 4 options that are great but expensive and the awesome variety of Heir is just amazing. But it not for me to say Heir is more "incredible" but there would be more justification of that. Aurisonics offer some innovative in designs which should be applauded and not moaned about but it's wrong to say it's the best.

He is not wrong to say something is best. It is a personal opinion. A purely subjective matter.

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #2,033 of 6,413
You can find all the info here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/635611/aurisonics-get-your-bass-on-contest
Quote:
I'm confused. Was there a one day sale, or is one anticipated soon?

Terry.

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #2,035 of 6,413
Quote:

But you make blanket statements all the time... lol. It's just that person's opinion. So you can make blanket statements about products and technology and others can't? 

Just giving you a little ribbing Swimsonny. No need to get upset. In the end we all like what we like and these are all just individual opinions. Sometimes we will agree with each other, and other times we won't. Enjoy your weekend fellas.

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #2,037 of 6,413
Quote:

Not complaining at all.  I felt a little cheeky even asking, but if I could get a rebate I was going to spend that money on a cosmetic upgrade.  I really love the look of the stealth.  Chrome plates are awesome too, but it's not really my thing.

I don't understand people complaining about not having art work on the customs.  Just because everyone else does, doesn't mean that Aurisonics has to.  They are doing something unique and really awesome that no one else is really doing.  1964 ears comes closest by offering a mirrored plate, but thats not really the same thing.  These are the most incredible looking customization options that any iem company is offering.

I know this was probably semi-directed at me, so I just wanted to say that I really don't care about artwork. Honestly, if I bought my first pair of customs from Aurisonics or 1964 (with Heir I would get free exotic wood so this is moot), I would just get plain black shells and faceplates, no artwork. And I think that should be free and easy. 

However, Dale already sent me a long and insightful explanation on why that isn't currently possible for them, so I digress. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #2,038 of 6,413
Welcome to opinions.org, aka head-fi.org.

If my opinion offends you, you're in the wrong place. Several people have the same impression, so it's not just me.

I'm comparing my experiences to that of Heir Audio. The Wizard actually posts regularly in their thread and answers questions directly. That's the type of appreciation for a community one should expect from a company/person when giving them large sums of money. 

I know this was probably semi-directed at me, so I just wanted to say that I really don't care about artwork. Honestly, if I bought my first pair of customs from Aurisonics or 1964 (with Heir I would get free exotic wood so this is moot), I would just get plain black shells and faceplates, no artwork. And I think that should be free and easy. 

However, Dale already sent me a long and insightful explanation on why that isn't currently possible for them, so I digress. 

I think the Wizard goes above and beyond as far as community participation is concerned. However, it looks like Dale from Aurisonics was able to answer your question, without further issue. I think what Dale did was good enough for what I would expect customer service wise from a vendor like this. Beware of the diffucult to communicate ones.

That said, I completely agree with you about the what I'd get as my pair of customs. No artwork, no logos, all black. And that is what I did. I just get the minimum looking shells because to me, it's all about what comes out of those shells, not what's on them.

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #2,039 of 6,413
That one was probably directed at me- alrighty so I agree- not having custom artwork isn't a deal breaker at all- what rubs me the wrong way is that the options are no artwork or its the most expensive customizations of any IEMs by any manufacturer (even just stealth- the aforementioned black- is an additional $250).  On top of that, they want to charge you 10 bucks more just to get the screws black 
blink.gif
.  Have you ever gone to a hardware store and paid a ten thousand percent mark up to get black screws instead of silver? I've NEVER seen a price difference! I get that aurisonics has its freewill to charge what it wants and I have mine to buy or not buy their product, so I''l stop here as at this point its not productive and I'm just riling up the fanboys.

My apologies if I'm pissing people off- if I'm grouchy its because I'm hungover 
beerchug.gif

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #2,040 of 6,413
While i disagree with the rest, i do find it a bit ridiculous about 10 bucks for the black screws. Must be something to them I guess. 
Quote:
That one was probably directed at me- alrighty so I agree- not having custom artwork isn't a deal breaker at all- what rubs me the wrong way is that the options are no artwork or its the most expensive customizations of any IEMs by any manufacturer (even just stealth- the aforementioned black- is an additional $250).  On top of that, they want to charge you 10 bucks more just to get the screws black 
blink.gif
.  Have you ever gone to a hardware store and paid a ten thousand percent mark up to get black screws instead of silver? I've NEVER seen a price difference! I get that aurisonics has its freewill to charge what it wants and I have mine to buy or not buy their product, so I''l stop here as at this point its not productive and I'm just riling up the fanboys.

My apologies if I'm pissing people off- if I'm grouchy its because I'm hungover 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back