Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Nov 23, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #2,013 of 6,413
Nice guys can still be pretentious... gold plated earphones, anyone? 
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #2,014 of 6,413
I guess that can be one way of seeing it. Dale/Aurisonics can sell their items at full price. This notion of being entitled to a discount is completely out of nowhere. Aurisonics doesnt even need to offer a discount at all and the fact that they wont retroactively apply a sale price t a current order is 100% standard for any company in the same situation. While I don't discourage the act of asking, I dont think your statement is very fair or educated. Doesn't even look like the person that tried to get their price lowered is even complaining. 
Quote:
Dale seems like a pretentious arse

Sorry for my little rant, just seems a bit unfair to ever make these types of unfounded statements. Sometimes on Head-Fi it seems like the common rules of society are thrown out the window. Aurisonics has never screwed someone over, they've always just been an audio company doing it's best and providing awesome products for people to buy. They make money just like every other company. That's how the world works. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #2,015 of 6,413
Quote:

Sorry for my little rant, just seems a bit unfair to ever make these types of unfounded statements. Sometimes on Head-Fi it seems like the common rules of society are thrown out the window. Aurisonics has never screwed someone over, they've always just been an audio company doing it's best and providing awesome products for people to buy. They make money just like every other company. That's how the world works. 

beerchug.gif

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #2,016 of 6,413
Welcome to opinions.org, aka head-fi.org.

If my opinion offends you, you're in the wrong place. Several people have the same impression, so it's not just me.

I'm comparing my experiences to that of Heir Audio. The Wizard actually posts regularly in their thread and answers questions directly. That's the type of appreciation for a community one should expect from a company/person when giving them large sums of money. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #2,017 of 6,413
Heir Audio and Aurisonics are both sponsors of Head-Fi.org. I never said you can't have an opinion.....but in this case you're just wrong. At least in what it seems your reasoning is. It was well known information that their was to be some type of sale/group buy on Aurisonics products at some point in the near future. 

It's all just poo flinging at a wall. Nothing I say or you say is really gonna change how Aurisonics acts. Just seems a bit absurd when people get upset for a company being a company. If everyone had it their way, Audeze would have given away about 300,000 (rough amount of active Head-Fi members) LCD-3's and be out of business. Sounds awesome......
Quote:

If my opinion offends you, you're in the wrong place. Several people have the same impression, so it's not just me.

I'm comparing my experiences to that of Heir Audio. The Wizard actually posts regularly in their thread and answers questions directly. That's the type of appreciation for a community one should expect from a company/person when giving them large sums of money. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #2,018 of 6,413
Yes because giving away 300,000 LCD-3 is akin to being active and involved in a community that buys your products, gives you their money. It's like buying from a corporation vs. a local business. With the local business you get to deal with an actual person, with a real face. With a corporation, you aren't getting that connection. If Dale wasn't a pretentious arse, he could come here and prove otherwise. But that just isn't the case. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #2,019 of 6,413
I'm gonna tap out on this one. Not every company is gonna act the same. Get over it. Aurisonics hasnt done anything that says, oh hey customers, give us all your moneys and here is a pile of poo. No, they make some great products, and for the price for a USA made product, I can't really complain. That's all I have to say on the matter. I'll go back to enjoying my AS-2's now.
Quote:
Yes because giving away 300,000 LCD-3 is akin to being active and involved in a community that buys your products, gives you their money. It's like buying from a corporation vs. a local business. With the local business you get to deal with an actual person, with a real face. With a corporation, you aren't getting that connection. If Dale wasn't a pretentious arse, he could come here and prove otherwise. But that just isn't the case. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #2,020 of 6,413
Quote:

Please don't take this as me rushing to Dale's defense, but..

Head-fi is only a small part of Aurisonics' business make up. They are mostly focused on touring musicians. Aside from that, Dale designs helmet P/A systems for some NFL teams, as well as some other really cool stuff.

Heir is a small company that has a light enough load at this point to allow them to do these things. Aurisonics is larger, so it's not quite the same.

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #2,021 of 6,413
Quote:
Aurisonics hasnt done anything that says, oh hey customers, give us all your moneys and here is a pile of poo. 

I think you're misunderstanding the angst- nobody's accusing aurisonics of abusing their customers or screwing anyone over- by all accounts, the customer service is top-notch.  The point being exclaimed is that Dale comes across as a pretentious arse. He's the only one in the industry offering up semi-precious metals in his customs without offering basic artwork, and I wish he would have followed through with the as2 group buy that we were expecting to take place in July which seems is less and less likely to happen.  No need to further argue this as it seems opinions have been made that won't be changed, but I wanted to weigh in for a couple sentences.

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #2,022 of 6,413
Quote:

Please don't take this as me rushing to Dale's defense, but..

Head-fi is only a small part of Aurisonics' business make up. They are mostly focused on touring musicians. Aside from that, Dale designs helmet P/A systems for some NFL teams, as well as some other really cool stuff.

Heir is a small company that has a light enough load at this point to allow them to do these things. Aurisonics is larger, so it's not quite the same.

Point taken, and I understand completely. So perhaps it's just a negative aspect to buying from their company, especially if you are not their target audience. I was simply making an observation based on mine and others' personal experiences, such as never receiving an e-mail reply. It's just personal preference that I like to have direct contact with the person I'm buying from.

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #2,023 of 6,413
Just adding a lil two cents in. Hopefully it won't spark anything. But although the Wizard's commitment is solid, I feel kind of sour inside when I see him endorsing his own products (ex those nastily beautiful pictures). I mean I understand that it's perfectly normal for one to do that; but, I just can't help but feel uneasy about it. I appreciate it when questions are answered; however,  I like it when encouragements to buy a product come solely from the consumers, and, preferably those who had bought it themselves, so as to reduce bias. So in a way, I sort of appreciate that sort of distance between consumer and owner. Well, in the end, I don't really have a point I'm making. Most of these are just assumptions and I probably don't have a full perspective on what has been happening anyways. Just something that has been on my mind since we have this discussion about customer service. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #2,024 of 6,413
I honestly can agree that I like to talk to the people I am buying from. If you arent getting any responses from Aurisonics that is definitely odd, but Dale will not always be the one answering the emails, he's a busy man and Head-Fi is not even close to the main business for Aurisonics. (But emails are a general customer service thing, not even specifically Head-Fi)
Quote:
Point taken, and I understand completely. So perhaps it's just a negative aspect to buying from their company, especially if you are not their target audience. I was simply making an observation based on mine and others' personal experiences, such as never receiving an e-mail reply. It's just personal preference that I like to have direct contact with the person I'm buying from.

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #2,025 of 6,413
Anyways, my apologies for derailing the thread. That was never my intention. 

Despite my poor words, I just received a very courteous message from Dale, dispelling the gripes I mentioned earlier.

Back to Aurisonics impressions, reviews, and discussions....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back