Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Aug 16, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #1,742 of 6,413
Quote:
He is a busy man. I guess this means it's also a limited (in amount of stock at any time, not number of ASG-1S's produced) 

Quote:

Dale mentioned to me that the Signature Series will be limited in number and each one is has it's own serial number.

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #1,743 of 6,413
Well there we have it folks! Limited Run ASG-1S's. Get em while the getting is good.
Quote:
Dale mentioned to me that the Signature Series will be limited in number and each one is has it's own serial number.

Aug 21, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #1,745 of 6,413
hhmmmm, special ed. edition you mean, lol, sounds like the sound of the ones that I had at the start, if so then those have to be kickin!

well I just got my cables back from Ted, and my oh my what a very nice edition they do add to the already awesome sound that these are putting out! the all silver cable cable adds to the treble in a very very awesome way!

from my iPod, I am using a solid copper/gold plated LOD to USB>CLAS, then a 17cm solid copper/gold plated 3.5 mini to mini>LISA 3, with a 5cm all silver 3.5 mini to mini>ZOv1, and the piece of resitance! an all silver IEM cable>ASG1.2s!

seems like it really really really really really really rally really does the trick, using various cables does make a great difference with these IEMs, the copper/gold plated adds great full warmth to the sound, I went with an all silever cable set up but that REALLY adds ALOT of emphasis to the terble, it gets sibilant? super bright? and the bass and mids fall into the background? hhmmmm go figure, never thought I could manage that with these uber bassy and middy buggers? well likes I says it really really really really really really really really really really really, oops too many reallys? welll you get my meaning, or do I have to repeat myself? 
cool.gif
? really! lol,

Tanks Dale! rumble rumble rumble, well they do, lol,    

Aug 21, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #1,746 of 6,413
That's a pretty nice rig, ANDEROAN! I'm still waiting for my ASG-1.2s to be replaced but when they arrive they'll be hooked up to a clip+, which i believe is a very solid player with a nice clean output. I haven't been able to experiment with cables yet but I'm planning to get aftermarket ones after I get mine upgraded to the ASG-2
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #1,747 of 6,413
Quote:
hhmmmm, special ed. edition you mean, lol, sounds like the sound of the ones that I had at the start, if so then those have to be kickin!

well I just got my cables back from Ted, and my oh my what a very nice edition they do add to the already awesome sound that these are putting out! the all silver cable cable adds to the treble in a very very awesome way!

from my iPod, I am using a solid copper/gold plated LOD to USB>CLAS, then a 17cm solid copper/gold plated 3.5 mini to mini>LISA 3, with a 5cm all silver 3.5 mini to mini>ZOv1, and the piece of resitance! an all silver IEM cable>ASG1.2s!

seems like it really really really really really really rally really does the trick, using various cables does make a great difference with these IEMs, the copper/gold plated adds great full warmth to the sound, I went with an all silever cable set up but that REALLY adds ALOT of emphasis to the terble, it gets sibilant? super bright? and the bass and mids fall into the background? hhmmmm go figure, never thought I could manage that with these uber bassy and middy buggers? well likes I says it really really really really really really really really really really really, oops too many reallys? welll you get my meaning, or do I have to repeat myself? 
cool.gif
? really! lol,

Tanks Dale! rumble rumble rumble, well they do, lol,    

Nice Anderoan

Aug 25, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #1,750 of 6,413
Quote:
are there any comparisons of asg 1.2 vs ie80? i enjoy the asg right now, but wonder, if ie80 would give me more detail, clarity and instrument separation?

ASG 1.2 is way better than the IE-80 in all areas. The Senn. sound veiled, bloated (bass wise) and severely less detailed in comparison. Plus the IE-80 is too warm sounding for my taste.

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #1,755 of 6,413
I'm getting a set of silver cables to test out with the ASG 1.2 and the AS-1b this upcoming week. I'll let you know if there's any perceived difference. If you look on the OP, I had a few links to the old thread about aftermarket cables. Seems like most of these were tested with aftermarket copper cables and ppl seem to agree that those helped open up the treble a bit while taming the mids (correcting the spike of the ASG-1.1).
The sonic difference should be a bit more prominent with the Silver's. Anyways, I'll let you know if i hear any difference between the two cables when i get them later this week. Regardless, I think replacing the stock cables with aftermarket ones is a good idea since aurisonic cables all turn green after a few weeks/months. Cheapest options for those would be westone replacements or UM replacement cables which can often be found here in the sales section or ebay for around $40. 

UPDATE, I've noticed that the AS-1b (1.2) set that I recently received no longer use the same design as the original AS-1b with the sealing ring, but now have the hypercoating tips on it for comfort. The headphones seem to be dipped or coated with these (you can see where the coating stops) and it gives it a translucent tip that feels deceptively soft, so much like silicone that you'd be hard pressed to believe that its just a thin coating. I'm not sure if this is a standard feature for all AS-1's now, but according to the pictures on their facebook, other sets of AS-1's now also sport this super comfortable tip. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back