Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Aug 14, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #1,727 of 6,413
AFAIK, The ASG-1S's are only different in tuning and polishing and chrome plates from the regular ASG-1's. I'll shoot Dale an email and try to find out if no one else gets a response first. Not sure jrkong will be on for the next day or so.
Quote:
Anyway, Dale mentioned about changing the shape of the ASG shells by slightly shaving off the bulge and changing the nozzle angle. Does the ASG-1S have any of those changes?

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #1,729 of 6,413
Quote:
So as someone who hasn't ever heard any of the ASG products, can someone summarize what the ASG-1S sounds like? In terms of bass/mid/treble presence.

Only 1 or two people have it right now.  I do want to eventually try one.  Early impressions (showing the EQ) leaves me eager to hear it XD

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #1,730 of 6,413
Heh... Did you just call an eight hundred dollar product a budget product?  If that's budget then I must be a poor poor miser who values money way too dearly.

The AS-2 are budget to Aurisonics as this is the lowest cost needed to make a pair of AS-2. (I wish I could call the AS-2 budget in that sense too but I'm far too poor).

I'm going to be gone for 3 weeks and I'm not bringing the ASG-1S because I'm not going to get much listening time so all questions about sound when I get back. I'll sumerize what I heard yesterday the next time I get internet connection.

Aug 14, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #1,731 of 6,413
First off, ASG-1S shells are the exact same as the ASG-1.

Secondly, The ASG-1S tuning is supposedly a mix between ASG-1.1 and ASG-1.2 tunings. I haven't heard those myself, but you can do a bit of research on this thread.

Quote:
So as someone who hasn't ever heard any of the ASG products, can someone summarize what the ASG-1S sounds like? In terms of bass/mid/treble presence.

Only one pair of ASG-1S's exist right now. Dale has told jrkong that those are the first production model. That's why he said he has serial# 0001
Quote:

Only 1 or two people have it right now.  I do want to eventually try one.  Early impressions (showing the EQ) leaves me eager to hear it XD

Aug 14, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #1,733 of 6,413
You gotta contact Dale about that. Please report back, I'm interested to know myself. I have no idea if that's something they are willing to do or not and if they do, how much it will cost. 
Quote:
If we can get retuned to the 1S sound, I might have to hang on to these even longer XD

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #1,734 of 6,413
I'll just pimp my current setup and be gone again
biggrin.gif

Can you say OOMPH?!
RockboxedFuze>Fiio E6>E5>ASG1de
cool.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #1,735 of 6,413
Quote:
You gotta contact Dale about that. Please report back, I'm interested to know myself. I have no idea if that's something they are willing to do or not and if they do, how much it will cost. 

I'm curious about this too.  I wouldn't mind a bit extra treble in the ASG-1.2 :)

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #1,736 of 6,413
I got a response from Dale. The dirty details are this, ASH-1S is considered a separate product and Dale will not re-tune any ASG-1's to the ASG-1S tuning. The only way to get the ASG-1S is to buy it ned. Also, Dale has told me that he will be hand making the S Series himself and tuning them. Don't know what that entails consider his rapid prototyping method for making the shells, but that's the information. I got from him. Let the fighting about it being fair or not begin!

Quote:
I'm curious about this too.  I wouldn't mind a bit extra treble in the ASG-1.2 :)

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #1,737 of 6,413
Quote:
I got a response from Dale. The dirty details are this, ASH-1S is considered a separate product and Dale will not re-tune any ASG-1's to the ASG-1S tuning. The only way to get the ASG-1S is to buy it ned. Also, Dale has told me that he will be hand making the S Series himself and tuning them. Don't know what that entails consider his rapid prototyping method for making the shells, but that's the information. I got from him. Let the fighting about it being fair or not begin!

Interesting!  Just one question, why is the last sentence in white...  Haha.

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #1,738 of 6,413
Didn't wanna make that last sentence a focal point, but also figured it was going to be an accurate statement. The ASG-1S seems to be it's own separate series, that being the Signature Series.
Quote:

Interesting!  Just one question, why is the last sentence in white...  Haha.

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #1,739 of 6,413
Quote:

All handmade huh? That really makes me question what the turnaround time would be.

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #1,740 of 6,413
He is a busy man. I guess this means it's also a limited (in amount of stock at any time, not number of ASG-1S's produced) 

Quote:
All handmade huh? That really makes me question what the turnaround time would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back