Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread.
Apr 27, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #9,826 of 13,846
Can anybody who owns (owned?) or extensively heard the Elise compare it to Icon Audio's HP8 Mk2? Very much in doubt between the two...

At the sideline, there is also the Trafomatic Head One...

Thanks for chiming in!

Hi I've heard the Icon Audio HP8, its nice, once I burn in the Elise I can give you some feedback. I went against the HP8 due to price about 30% more than the Elise and less tube rolling options.

If you are still interested remind me in a few weeks and I can give you accurate impressions. The Icon Audio stuff is quite nice and has the ability to adjust the output impedence. I will tell you how the Elise handles low med high ohm headphones and if and when this would make a difference.

Hope that helps.
WB

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #9,827 of 13,846
That's awesome to hear! Look forward to reading your impressions!!

Btw when did you order it?

Not sure it was around 10 weeks and some days, until shipping. But it seems that they are back on track 1-2 units per week.

Just have a chance for some mytime computer time because today since I can sleep in late tomorrow. Then lots more work and difficulty answering questions online for a while. I will try to give some feedback once everything burns in. Until then it will be unfair to do much of a review. Hopefully I can borrow some gear to do some comparisons for those of you interested, but the delay messed up my relaxed play around with equipment and Elise phase (Especially regarding the TotalDAC, what you want to borrow that, you can try prying that off my dead fingers) and now there will be an extended work a ton away from the office out on the road phase.

I will likely be able to give a great review of the Fiio x5 in the next couple of weeks:wink: doubt many will be interested in that though...

When things calm down I will attempt to borrow some equipment but that will require a lot of time, e.g. make some meals and bbq for friends and colleagues or work for free on their setups. My persuasion skills are excellent but it will take time, money and energy.

My main point coming here is to not make people believe there are still issues with the production delays from Feliks because of me not responding. Everything seems to be back to normal. Now I am getting some sleep and then will post when I can tell you something worthwhile.

Cheers
WB

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #9,828 of 13,846
That's good to hear @WB2016 .

My Elise turns exactly 6 months yesterday 27th and has been working flawlessly. Mine is number #22. 
beyersmile.png

A little halfling ey.

Cheers
WB

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #9,829 of 13,846
@UntilThen a gentle wake up for you....

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #9,830 of 13,846
Now that you are awake and relaxed let's roll........ 

Apr 28, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #9,831 of 13,846
That's awesome to hear! Look forward to reading your impressions!!

Btw when did you order it?

Not sure it was around 10 weeks and some days, until shipping. But it seems that they are back on track 1-2 units per week.

Just have a chance for some mytime computer time because today since I can sleep in late tomorrow. Then lots more work and difficulty answering questions online for a while. I will try to give some feedback once everything burns in. Until then it will be unfair to do much of a review. Hopefully I can borrow some gear to do some comparisons for those of you interested, but the delay messed up my relaxed play around with equipment and Elise phase (Especially regarding the TotalDAC, what you want to borrow that, you can try prying that off my dead fingers) and now there will be an extended work a ton away from the office out on the road phase.

I will likely be able to give a great review of the Fiio x5 in the next couple of weeks:wink: doubt many will be interested in that though...

When things calm down I will attempt to borrow some equipment but that will require a lot of time, e.g. make some meals and bbq for friends and colleagues or work for free on their setups. My persuasion skills are excellent but it will take time, money and energy.

My main point coming here is to not make people believe there are still issues with the production delays from Feliks because of me not responding. Everything seems to be back to normal. Now I am getting some sleep and then will post when I can tell you something worthwhile.

Cheers
WB

Ah I see!

Did you order your Elise with stock tubes? If so, will you be doing the initial listening period with the stock tubes only?

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #9,832 of 13,846

A belated Hi! to you too, richdytch...yet another convert from the LittleDot fraternity!... (I myself defected from the LDMKIV SE - a very good-value amp, but no comparison to Elise, lol!).

Am glad you understand the 'nightmares' faced by companies such as Feliks-Audio - I personally wouldn't want to go anywhere near such a business venture, but thank the Gods there are those who do LOL!!
biggrin.gif
...And I'm sure they've taken on board our various concerns, despite the huge pressure they must still be under....especially from the recent surge in orders! Your wait will be worth it, to be sure....

Look forward to your eventual findings re. the Quad!!....
beerchug.gif

Thanks Hypnos! I'll report back when my findings are complete :)

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #9,835 of 13,846
Ah I see!

Did you order your Elise with stock tubes? If so, will you be doing the initial listening period with the stock tubes only?

Can anybody give some more info about the upgrade option offerd by Feliks Audio themselves? Good deal, or am I better off buying stock and persuing some of the tubes mentioned in this thread if I ever dive into the tube world?

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #9,836 of 13,846
Can anybody give some more info about the upgrade option offerd by Feliks Audio themselves? Good deal, or am I better off buying stock and persuing some of the tubes mentioned in this thread if I ever dive into the tube world?

Get the stock tubes and some of the tubes in post 9291. 
L3000.gif

For your HD800S, I'd recommend EL3N with Tung Sol 7236. Same goes for your LCD-3 and HD650.

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #9,837 of 13,846
UT did you get the McIntosh turntable ?

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #9,839 of 13,846
For me it would be a Big Mac sandwich!  Got shipping info on Elise, will go out tomorrow.  Also tried to order headphone stand, but will not be ready till June-July in production now, price will be determined later, but around $79.  You can put your name on a waiting list and for prior Feliks customers there is no down payment.  Nice solid looking piece, and at 5 lbs it will be strudy and hold my 800's nicely.  Congratls on the vinyl!

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #9,840 of 13,846
  For me it would be a Big Mac sandwich!  Got shipping info on Elise, will go out tomorrow.  Also tried to order headphone stand, but will not be ready till June-July in production now, price will be determined later, but around $79.  You can put your name on a waiting list and for prior Feliks customers there is no down payment.  Nice solid looking piece, and at 5 lbs it will be strudy and hold my 800's nicely.  Congratls on the vinyl!

At long last.... congrats CF !!! 
beerchug.gif

$79 for headphone stand. I wonder how much shipping to Australia. 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back